Release date: November 9th, 2015
Purchase link: The Muppets
Price: £14.99

11164119-1634321549467114.jpg

11164119-1584321549472769.jpg

Last edited:
would rather have this...

po3PAT.jpg

Wow that would be Awsome. Although I have the viva I would by that too.

The current design is seriously lacking colour and characters. It's the muppets for Christ sake and you do not want a boring looking steelbook with a dull tone and one character on the front. Great character, but only one! And barely anything on the back.
I really hope this is not disneys next move by releasing live action film steelbooks with very boring and minimalistic art. Hopefully just for these ones.

I'm very surprised at the reaction to hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy steel, it's such a great film (imo) but he steelbook is ruined by awful boring artwork that everyone is seeming to lap up. I'd prefer the dvd case over the current rubbish. Again colourful film but very very boring and Dull art.

Probably, if Disney just buy all of Time Warner in one swoop. DC, the Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, Hana Barbara, the huge backlog of movies, full rights to The Clone Wars, Disney money to get the cast of Friends back to do a movie, hell the purchase could easily be paid back in Marvel Vs DC spin off movies alone. XD

On the topic on hand, there's actually a boxset of the other films like Treasure Island, Christmas Carol, etc. on Blu Ray in the UK. Could be an opportunity to give all those a separate steel, especially as there's no UK option to buy them all separate on blu ray.

But meh, I'm semi-retired on steelbooks anyway. I'll stick to my free Disney Movie Rewards copy of this movie thank you....
7006719.gif

Actually I think this one looks great. If you don't own the flick or want SteelBook I think this is a good choice. I'm not huge on minimal stuff, and granted this is Kermit not minimal art but for me it does what it should. He's iconic to the muppets. Then choose another character on #2 and so on.

Now if the symbol on back was 2 tone like the Tron Legacy that'd be cool.

ps. I'm all for people expressing their opinion but name calling even if directed at a Company doesnt need to be tolerated .... esp since its not "new" content. We've heard it all many times no one is sharing newsworthy material. There is a retailer thread on the Company where you can express yourself with more freedom ... but clogging every Zavvi thread with negativity is played out. At least wait to the steel is in hand and if its different then advertised then bash away.

The retailers always catch the flak, but there are rules in place you cant just choose any ol' shot of Charlize Theron (for example) and put it on a slip. Even studio can tell you to avoid such. So a lot of times there are stories as to why better art cant be chosen. (in fact, MOST OFTEN)

^
Not to mention Zavvi is not in the business of designing steelbooks. Sure they get a say on if they will sell a steelbook or offer it as an exclusive but the studios are the one that are in complete control of the designs.

fixed

c8lPr0.jpg

I'd like to stick Charlize Theron on my package.

Last edited:
Now that's a classy funny edit.

What's even funnier .... is while we (HDN/SB Community) put things like WEA ... its actually not entirely true. It may be NEW art ... but its not exclusive. (it just is ... currently) Example ... The GOTG blufans steel, people say WEA ... but the Intellectual property still belongs to Disney Marvel. Kudos to them for putting in the effort to get it approved ... but it does NOT mean that Disney Marvel can't reuse it in another territory. HIGHLY unlikely Disney Marvel would ever sign such a contract like that to begin with! It's their property and you dont tell them what to do .... in a nutshell.

More often you might see a contract where a retailer is selling X title that has X art ... and if they dont renew the contract then the item can be sold elsewhere. As is the case with Exclusives and when they go elsewhere. Most of the time its leftover stock, and there's no telling if the new retailer will want to restock that after its done or not. Or an exclusive window runs out and the studio then continues to supply both retailers. (or many)

Last edited:
Now that's a classy funny edit.

What's even funnier .... is while we put things like WEA ... its actually not entirely true. It may be NEW art ... but its not exclusive. (it just is ... currently) Example ... The GOTG blufans steel, people say WEA ... but the Intellectual property still belongs to Disney Marvel. Kudos to them for putting in the effort to get it approved ... but it does NOT mean that Disney Marvel can't reuse it in another territory. HIGHLY unlikely Disney Marvel would ever sign such a contract like that to begin with! It's their property and you dont tell them what to do .... in a nutshell.

More often you might see a contract where a retailer is selling X title that has X art ... and if they dont renew the contract then the item can be sold elsewhere. As is the case with Exclusives and when they go elsewhere. Most of the time its leftover stock, and there's no telling if the new retailer will want to restock that after its done or not. Or an exclusive window runs out and the studio then continues to supply both retailers. (or many)
BluFans just got Wrecked :p

I feel like I've said this in all the recent Zavvi threads... but I actually quite like the clean designs they're going with lately. Shame I have no interest in the film though.