The "OMG the price is high on Ebay, etc!!!" thread

What is your spending limit for Steelbooks?

• I plead the 5th!

Votes: 14 2.6%
  • Under $100 for sealed "Rare" Steelbook

Votes: 145 26.7%
  • Under $50 for any Steelbook

Votes: 139 25.6%
  • Over $100 for sealed, "Rare" Steelbook

Votes: 71 13.1%
  • I'll spend ANY amount to get a missing Steelbook for my collection!

Votes: 26 4.8%
  • It depends on the Steelbook-I decide at the time of purchase

Votes: 199 36.6%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
So, we have the "Fake" and "Steelbook Price Drop" thread, but we don't yet have the thread where you post listings with "crazy" prices for Steelbooks. If you see any, post them here and have fun debating. As per forum rules, please remain respectful with each other-one person's "high price", could be another's "deal of a lifetime" score. Enjoy! :scat:

Please keep discussion to Ebay and other retailers, not private sellers.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...steelbooks.TRS0.TSS0&_nkw=steelbooks&_sacat=0 steelbooks

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=steelbooks&_sacat=0 steelbooks UK

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why everyone is getting so excited for but that auction was shill bidded by two people, one of them with a clear 100% bid activity of a high feedback of 685. The only legitimate bidder was from bidder 234. Bidder 113 and 685 drove the price up and then Bidder 685 decides to increase their 'reserve' bid to the highest twice, despite the price at £171. There's already another on auction ending in about 30 minutes so if it was a legitimate bidder I am sure they would had seen that auction and not go crazy on this.

In otherwords it's a load of bullocks designed to make watchers think that is the current on going price when in reality it isn't.

So basically Mrs Fit, congratulations on winning your own auction. :rofl:

Ridiculous money. Probably half shil bidding to boost the BB profile. I wish the companies would be transparent and just admit to these things.

So many times I see post like these and everyone are dancing around thinking that their own steels would sell for that when all they are seeing is a team of shill bidders driving up the price. When you have a moment in time you should just look at how the bids are conducted and that should tell you if it appears legitimate or not. Quick glance at that it is blatantly obvious.

Even if feedback is left that means nothing.

Reactions: laz305
@Mickle_89 I was named HDN's 'ebay detective' a few years back when everyone used to keep posting on the OMG price thread and I did have a thread that gave the top ten steels from different countries and retailers so I had to keep monitoring them auctions and BIN that were fair. You be surprised what you can discover :naughty:

I am not saying 100% for certain Wolverine BB did not sell for £171 but very unlikely. If it did I be chuffed to bits because me and 200 other members on this forum own this steel so if it did go up :D But sadly a modest £100 - £130 should do the job, still investment :happy:

• Thanks
Reactions: Mickle_89
Mrs Fit has and always will have these exclusives despite the warnings in GB threads about reselling. Tells it's own story.

Not a high price but to give an example on what you guys are talking about. Check this out. Obviously the people bidding on this don't know how to read lol this is why I don't understand how people can use eBay as a value guide.