The "OMG the price is high on Ebay, etc!!!" thread

What is your spending limit for Steelbooks?

• I plead the 5th!

Votes: 14 2.6%
  • Under $100 for sealed "Rare" Steelbook

Votes: 145 26.7%
  • Under $50 for any Steelbook

Votes: 139 25.6%
  • Over $100 for sealed, "Rare" Steelbook

Votes: 71 13.1%
  • I'll spend ANY amount to get a missing Steelbook for my collection!

Votes: 26 4.8%
  • It depends on the Steelbook-I decide at the time of purchase

Votes: 199 36.6%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
So, we have the "Fake" and "Steelbook Price Drop" thread, but we don't yet have the thread where you post listings with "crazy" prices for Steelbooks. If you see any, post them here and have fun debating. As per forum rules, please remain respectful with each other-one person's "high price", could be another's "deal of a lifetime" score. Enjoy! :scat:

Please keep discussion to Ebay and other retailers, not private sellers.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...steelbooks.TRS0.TSS0&_nkw=steelbooks&_sacat=0 steelbooks

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=steelbooks&_sacat=0 steelbooks UK

Last edited by a moderator:
The FA AASB cracks me up.
People sell this this for 3 reasons:
1. They can make a lot of money
2. It's a sh*tty film they don't need in their collection
3. It's a sh*tty film they don't need in their collection and They can make a lot of money
Reasons that are never correct:
This is a good film
This is movie deserves high value.
Real reason:
Hard to find, rare.
(But so is case of black plague).

• Thanks
Reactions: StifflersDad
The FA AASB cracks me up.
People sell this this for 3 reasons:
1. They can make a lot of money
2. It's a sh*tty film they don't need in their collection
3. It's a sh*tty film they don't need in their collection and They can make a lot of money
Reasons that are never correct:
This is a good film
This is movie deserves high value.
Real reason:
Hard to find, rare.
(But so is case of black plague).
Cracks me up even more that people buy it for ludicrous prices

• Thanks
Reactions: harry and C.C. 95
Cracks me up even more that people buy it for ludicrous prices
It is one of those steelbooks that is proof positive that you have obsessive compulsive disorder with collecting! (Because this is objectively not a good film). It's like putting out a gold plated edition of Troll 2 with limited print run. :hilarious:

• Thanks
Reactions: Lionet
who needs to buy nice shelves that cost money you could spend on more movies ....... when, you got plywood!

I could never mix my dvds and all that in with blu's. And i got quite a few shelves and its hard enough doing alphabetical this way let alone that many ...

That's technicality not retail

That's £4 more than what I paid for the lenti version and the full slip slip was $3 cheaper than the lenti which at the time conversion was awful after brexit so that's over £5 more than the "retail" and considering the HDN GB was a few $ more than other GBs that eBay listing would of been about £7/£8 more than "retail". Obviously depending on what site you got it from.

But that's not a bad price and one of better priced full slips I've seen go for on the bay