The "OMG the price is high on Ebay, etc!!!" thread

What is your spending limit for Steelbooks?

• I plead the 5th!

Votes: 14 2.6%
  • Under $100 for sealed "Rare" Steelbook

Votes: 145 26.7%
  • Under $50 for any Steelbook

Votes: 139 25.6%
  • Over $100 for sealed, "Rare" Steelbook

Votes: 71 13.1%
  • I'll spend ANY amount to get a missing Steelbook for my collection!

Votes: 26 4.8%
  • It depends on the Steelbook-I decide at the time of purchase

Votes: 199 36.6%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
So, we have the "Fake" and "Steelbook Price Drop" thread, but we don't yet have the thread where you post listings with "crazy" prices for Steelbooks. If you see any, post them here and have fun debating. As per forum rules, please remain respectful with each other-one person's "high price", could be another's "deal of a lifetime" score. Enjoy! :scat:

Please keep discussion to Ebay and other retailers, not private sellers.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...steelbooks.TRS0.TSS0&_nkw=steelbooks&_sacat=0 steelbooks

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=steelbooks&_sacat=0 steelbooks UK

Last edited by a moderator:
That's technicality not retail

That's £4 more than what I paid for the lenti version and the full slip slip was $3 cheaper than the lenti which at the time conversion was awful after brexit so that's over £5 more than the "retail" and considering the HDN GB was a few $ more than other GBs that eBay listing would of been about £7/£8 more than "retail". Obviously depending on what site you got it from.

But that's not a bad price and one of better priced full slips I've seen go for on the bay

Anyone got another Blufans full slip for retail? I can use a 4th or a 5th.

That listing is an Auction. Auctions will 99% of the time sell cheaper than a BIN because of the urgency to sell. That's how you grab a bargain. I seen a lot of BIN that have been sold for £70 - £80 a while ago.

IMO the value of a steel should be considered between an Auction and a BIN.
Regardless of the fine details, it is possible, albeit via auction to pick these up cheap. It isn't like a Kimchidvd Thor 2, where you'd never get that £7 more than retail. My point was, you're never going to lose too much money on that release and that point definitely still stands

Last edited:
Reactions: Flloydo
Point is, regardless of the fine details, it is possible, albeit via auction to pick these up cheap. It isn't like a Kimchidvd Thor 2, where you'd never get that £7 more than retail. My point was, you're never going to lose too much money on that release and that point definitely still stands

I know what you meant. It's a few quid over retail which isn't bad.

Just realised we was moved here even though our posts wasn't for a "the price is high on eBay" item lol

Where's "price was around retail and cost on eBay" thread? Lol

Still flabbergasted at someone wanting 5 copies of the same slip and steel when they can go to other collectors!

• Thanks
Reactions: matthewtheunicorn
Point is, regardless of the fine details, it is possible, albeit via auction to pick these up cheap. It isn't like a Kimchidvd Thor 2, where you'd never get that £7 more than retail. My point was, you're never going to lose too much money on that release and that point definitely still stands

I've seen steels sold as low as £70 on an auction and sold for the usual BIN listing for £150. Auctions are for bargains as the seller needs luck that the bidders are available to bid. If not strike it lucky for the savvy buyers. My point is Auctions are for bargains and you can always find the one off bargain here and there.

Patience is the key for savvy buyers.

I've seen steels sold as low as £70 on an auction and sold for the usual BIN listing for £150. Auctions are for bargains as the seller needs luck that the bidders are available to bid. If not strike it lucky for the savvy buyers. My point is Auctions are for bargains and you can always find the one off bargain here and there.

Patience is the key for savvy buyers.
The auction wasn't too far off the average BIN though in the case of Ultron though is it. You're talking about less than half, when theres Ultron Fullslip's sitting at £80, £55 can't really be compared to the bargains of the century

The auction wasn't too far off the average BIN though in the case of Ultron though is it. You're talking about less than half, when theres Ultron Fullslip's sitting at £80, £55 can't really be compared to the bargains of the century

£55 compared to £80 is a bargain to me, you paid just under 69% of the original BIN price and saved over 31%. I fail to see how that is not a bargain?

Yeah and Kimchidvd's Monsters University have sold for £150 bud ;)

Well I know who's talking crap. I know what I know and I don't need to go into this silly pointless discussion because you simple 'watched' a one off auction and thinks yeah that's the current value. Even the Lenti version is selling as high as £100 shipped BIN.

Well I know who's talking crap. I know what I know and I don't need to go into this silly pointless discussion because you simple 'watched' a one off auction and thinks yeah that's the current value. Even the Lenti version is selling as high as £100 shipped BIN.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Avengers-...086318?hash=item361b9690ee:g:xwkAAOSwDrNZVOru
Not that we're talking about the lenticular but since you wanted to bring it up :whistle:.

I stated facts mate, it's sitting at £80, it sold for £55. Therefore the going rate is not £80. I was the one talking present tense.
Try not to get quite so worked up though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Avengers-...086318?hash=item361b9690ee:g:xwkAAOSwDrNZVOru
Not that we're talking about the lenticular but since you wanted to bring it up :whistle:.

I stated facts mate, it's sitting at £80, it sold for £55. Therefore the going rate is not £80. I was the one talking present tense.
Try not to get quite so worked up though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BF-34-AVE...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557 - and here is the BIN for £100 shipped.

I said that they have been sold as 'High As' meaning that's its peak.

So you just look at one listing and make up your mind ROFL.

I'm done talking to you.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BF-34-AVENGERS-AGE-OF-ULTRON-3D-2D-Lenticular-Steelbook-Blufans-Exclusive-/252977628135?hash=item3ae6a443e7:g:zxsAAOSwZ4dZNv2U&nma=true&si=ZH8T7ML0A08zkCEtmVx6X%2B6RhY4%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557 - and here is the BIN for £100 shipped.

I said that they have been sold as 'High As' meaning that's its peak.

So you just look at one listing and make up your mind ROFL.

I'm done talking to you.
Oh chill out sweetheart. Only one lenticular came up on my sold listings. It had nothing to do with me making up my mind. You don't have to take everything to heart, the big old scary world will get to youfor sunny.jpg

Oh chill out sweetheart. Only one lenticular came up on my sold listings. It had nothing to do with me making up my mind. You don't have to take everything to heart, the big old scary world will get to youView attachment 324843

I will respond to your screen shot of a 1/4 Slip NOT a Lenti and FS we were discussing. Go back and read what I originally said. I stated a lot of these have sold between £70 - £80 as a BIN a while ago. Of course they are not going to be in your SOLD advanced ebay listings Stop wasting my time please :p

Nova's will come down and probably devalue the Blufans anyway :rofl: Enjoy the price hike while it lasted :D and then @matthewtheunicorn can be happy to find them at retail when it plummets in value :p

and then @stevo will have to get rid of his 4 - 5 copies :p

giphy.gif

Couldn't help myself :hilarious:

Looks like DVDeal Is cashing out. His prices are still ridiculous (especially for a "Going out of Business/Collecting" sale....)
$200 for FAC EQUALIZER? $345 for FAC PW FAST&FURIOUS ?!
IMG_0128.jpg
@Wreck - "From one collector, to another" ;)

Well that mehbeh the owner or co-owner of that other site ... so guess its no collecting now and strictly business ........

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95