The "OMG the price is high on Ebay, etc!!!" thread

What is your spending limit for Steelbooks?

• I plead the 5th!

Votes: 14 2.6%
  • Under $100 for sealed "Rare" Steelbook

Votes: 145 26.7%
  • Under $50 for any Steelbook

Votes: 139 25.6%
  • Over $100 for sealed, "Rare" Steelbook

Votes: 71 13.1%
  • I'll spend ANY amount to get a missing Steelbook for my collection!

Votes: 26 4.8%
  • It depends on the Steelbook-I decide at the time of purchase

Votes: 199 36.6%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
So, we have the "Fake" and "Steelbook Price Drop" thread, but we don't yet have the thread where you post listings with "crazy" prices for Steelbooks. If you see any, post them here and have fun debating. As per forum rules, please remain respectful with each other-one person's "high price", could be another's "deal of a lifetime" score. Enjoy! :scat:

Please keep discussion to Ebay and other retailers, not private sellers.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...steelbooks.TRS0.TSS0&_nkw=steelbooks&_sacat=0 steelbooks

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=steelbooks&_sacat=0 steelbooks UK

Last edited by a moderator:
He's also used @Travis Bickle 's pic of the Lenti o_O:giggle::LOL:

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pulp-Ficti...900683?hash=item41e19aeb8b:g:gD0AAOSw4WRa8g1m

AND @paulboland's pics of HDzeta's Suicide Squad :rofl::facepalm:

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suicide-Sq...085650?hash=item3f9c0dbcd2:g:3QoAAOSwPe9ZqblJ

There's likely more but I can't be arsed to search and link anymore :hilarious: What a douche seller tho :rolleyes::rolleyes: A real irritation of mine especially if you're buying sthg and not even seeing real pics of said item :cautious:
I sent him a message he not allowed use my photos

I see this happen a lot with my photos with various sellers on ebay :rofl:
I don't like it because some might think it's me that is selling on ebay or it's something I sold to the seller
I never have sold anything on ebay I only use ebay on rare occasions to purchase the odd item

I only ever sold one item from my collection to date a duplicate order of Nova Avengers Full Slip and that went to harry at cost price here at HDN trade section

I replied to a post about him in the HDZeta Justice League thread. Usually he uses a lot of stock photos for Amazon and Zavvi stuff because he doesn't actually keep those items on hand. He doesn't order them until he sells them on ebay and then he has them shipped directly to the buyers from the retailer. Perhaps for pre-orders and premium boxsets he's just using whatever photos he can find from other sellers. Shady indeed.

That explains why he has so many negative and neutral feedback as he doesnt have them 'in hand'. Very shady seller.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
I know who the person is, but won't "out" them. I recognize the name, that is why.

Using other people's pics for auctions isnt all that bad IF you are willing to stand by your product 100% in the quality department. But 30+ negative feedbacks in a year seems like a lot. Granted seems like he has a good business model in that he orders stuff from other sites shipped to people's addresses thus you're going to get some negative feedbacks in the volume it appears he does.

Can def make one feel jaded by the experience, but likely the consumer didnt know where to source said items to begin with or they would have ordered from the foreign amazon etc.

Maybe some of the other CA members know who he is @Actarus @AlienKing @tridon @rj531 @dchamp444 ;)
Sorry man, dunno who that is. First time hearing about that seller. His "item location" is near me but i doubt he'd be willing to meet up if he doesnt carry stock. Things like "Slipcover is not guaranteed" but has a pic of the slipcover photo makes me wanna stay away from sellers like that. Although he has tempting prices, like @Stygian said, he's just the middleman making money off things that's readily available for everyone. If it's a good deal in your eyes, then go for it. At least, the product is not fake. But if you know the actual source, it's probably cheaper.

Does ebay allow drop-shipping sellers?

I believe you're only supposed to sell "on hand" items and that they are supposed to be delivered within 30 days of the date purchased on ebay. But if that were really followed, you wouldn't have pre-orders because those are never in hand. And most premium pre-orders aren't released for at least 30 days and of course take a lot longer than that to be delivered from China, Korea and elsewhere to North America. Take the recent HDZeta release of Justice League for example.

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
I sent him a message he not allowed use my photos

I see this happen a lot with my photos with various sellers on ebay :rofl:
I don't like it because some might think it's me that is selling on ebay or it's something I sold to the seller
I never have sold anything on ebay I only use ebay on rare occasions to purchase the odd item

I only ever sold one item from my collection to date a duplicate order of Nova Avengers Full Slip and that went to harry at cost price here at HDN trade section

Well he has removed your photos @paulboland but then he has uploaded I believe Todd’s @blu-steel listing photo? lol. :LOL: He just goes around and uses someone else’s photo doesn’t even have this in hand to ship.

IMG_9963.PNG IMG_9964.PNG

Well he has removed your photos @paulboland but then he has uploaded I believe Todd’s @blu-steel listing photo? lol. :LOL: He just goes around and uses someone else’s photo doesn’t even have this in hand to ship.

View attachment 374624 View attachment 374625
:rofl::LOL:
He has some cheek
I told him he should not be using other persons in hand photos with his listings and if he don't have in hand photos he took himself to use retailer website mock up photo instead

I made it clear to him using others in hand photos with his listings is misleading customers who are bidding or buying on a item he has listed as the condition might be different to what the customer actually receives

Well, then i urge you guys to press that Report button on eBay, write a small description and eBay will take care of it.

Well, then i urge you guys to press that Report button on eBay, write a small description and eBay will take care of it.

Only the photo owner can report it. You have to complete a downloaded form and send it to the VERO team that deal with copyright infringements.

Only the photo owner can report it. You have to complete a downloaded form and send it to the VERO team that deal with copyright infringements.
Okay, what about misleading or selling stock not in hand? Isn't there any other reason that could fit this situation?
The more people press that report button, the more they'd be willing to look at it, right?

• Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja
Okay, what about misleading or selling stock not in hand? Isn't there any other reason that could fit this situation?
The more people press that report button, the more they'd be willing to look at it, right?

I have tagged @blu-steel already to let him be aware that his photo is used. I will leave this upto him. If you feel there’s more to be done you can also find something to report as well ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
Aside from reporting this tool to ebay, make sure you watermark your photos!