The Pianist (Blu-ray SteelBook + DVD Audio) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #14)[Korea]

Which full slip cover art do you prefer?

• Artwork #1

Votes: 77 45.3%
  • Artwork #2

Votes: 81 47.6%
  • None of the above

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Artwork #1

Votes: 76 44.7%
  • Artwork #2

Votes: 78 45.9%
  • None of the above

Votes: 11 6.5%

• Total voters

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Release date: May 25th 2014
Price: US$36.99; No limit on order quantity
Buy links:
The Pianist - Full Slipcover (OOS)
The Pianist - Lenticular cover (OOS)
The Pianist - 1/4 slipcover (non exclusive) live !

Group Buy: Click here
Pre-order date and time:
View attachment 67981
Pre-order gift:
if you pre order full slipcover (if poll result is option#1), you can get full slipcover option#2 as free, pre-order gift. (vise versa)
Print run info:
- lenticular slipcover 1.5K
- full slipcover 1.5K
- 1/4 slip 0.5K (non-exclusive)

Notes: full high glossy with embossed title and hands, 2-disc edition - 1x blu-ray and 1x dvd audio
subtitles: Korean, English, Chinese (Both), French, Finnish, Swedish.

List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Editions

1387775504471753.jpg

Full Slipcover Package:
13983321254592676.jpg

10154233_1528620660698479_2144388144118080906_n.jpg

Lenticular cover artwork and package:
1398331874096543.jpg

1398221485857726.gif

13877776732922111.jpg

13877779102871735.jpg

1388139329490457.jpg

Detailed Info:
Publisher :Contents Zone
ReleaseDate :
List Price :USD
Our Price :USD
You Save :USD
Year :2003 (국내개봉)
Stock Status:Coming Soon
Weight :g

Technical Information
Genre: Drama
Directors: Roman Polanski
Actors: Adrien Brody / Thomas Kretschmann / Frank Finlay
Aspect Ratio & Format: High Definition 1080p Widescreen Presentation 1.85:1
Language: English / French / Italian
Sound Mix: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1ch/DD 5.1
Subtitles: Korean / English / Chinese / French / Finnish / Swedish
Rating: 18
Region Code: all
Run Time: 148 mins
Number of discs: 2

Special Features
- Behind Story
- Piano performance
- Interview with Director & Cast
- Behind Scene
- Trailer

Additional information:
A brilliant pianist, a Polish Jew, witnesses the restrictions Nazis place on Jews in the Polish capital, from restricted access to the building of the Warsaw ghetto. As his family is rounded up to be shipped off to the Nazi labor camps, he escapes deportation and eludes capture by living in the ruins of Warsaw.

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 410
Last edited by a moderator:
Trust me, I am well aware of this time period in history and how tragic it was. I don't believe that image to be in good taste, no matter what the subject matter!

Check out the art work for 'The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas' for instance. That's subtle and poignant without being too heavy handed.

To be fair, this was a particularly important moment right from the film. It's one thing to not like it as a cover but I disagree that it's in poor taste. Frankly, it's a good representation of what you're in for with this film.

Reactions: earthscope
There are many important moments during the film, that's just one of them. I'm not convinced the audience need that image in order to gauge the tone of the film? I'm pretty sure the majority of people watching this film know exactly what to expect from it. I just think it's heavy handed, and that image just doesn't sit well for me as the box art.

Really? Little childish I think!

Trust me, I am well aware of this time period in history and how tragic it was. I don't believe that image to be in good taste, no matter what the subject matter!

Check out the art work for 'The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas' for instance. That's subtle and poignant without being too heavy handed.

Okay, I might have intentionally been a little antagonistic because it was you, but I think it's an incredibly powerful image. One of the best slip cover/steelbook packages EVER. PERIOD.

It's a tragic work. What do you want on the cover? People chilling out having a whale of a time at the fun fair?
Agree!!
:hilarious: :hilarious:

I also don't think the artwork is too heavy handed! (There are many more disturbing images in newspapers and on Television today)
I studied this period in history as part of a degree course (So I'm extreamly aware of the tragic and shameful atrocities ever to be carried out in human history during the second world war) and find it perfectly suits the mood and shocking nature of the unfolding events in the film...IMO
Just as powerful, thought provoking as a painting you would see in an art gallery or museum...

Love the artwork for the Full slip box (Both of them).....:happy: Amazing job by Novamedia and Kimchi....;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Man on 1Wire x 6 3
Agree!!
:hilarious: :hilarious:

I also don't think the artwork is too heavy handed! (There are many more disturbing images in newspapers and on Television today)
I studied this period in history as part of a degree course (So I'm extreamly aware of the tragic and shameful atrocities ever to be carried out in human history during the second world war) and find it perfectly suits the mood and shocking nature of the unfolding events in the film...IMO
Just as powerful, thought provoking as a painting you would see in an art gallery or museum...

Love the artwork for the Full slip box (Both of them).....:happy: Amazing job by Novamedia and Kimchi....;)

Exactly mate. By the standards of the everyday for people caught up in war zones and what not, the image on the full slip is positively twee. I like your point about it being like a painting you might see in the National Gallery or somewhere like that. You're spot on and on that note I would say it's a work of art in itself.

Was finally able to secure one through a trade from a helpful ninja. Cannot wait to get the full slip in hand and see what everyone is talking about with this one.

Just received this today, I'll post some pics soon. I missed out on this at the initial release and was almost going to forget about it. But, I changed my mine last week. I just want to say, to those that are on the fence about this, it is worth it and don't miss out on this! Both slips are beautiful, very high quality. The attention to detail is just incredible. It is one of the best blu-ray collectible releases I own. To those that are curious, I believe my number was 1152/1500. Not sure if that means there were 348 available after I ordered or maybe mine was a return. Either way, I think this is a very underrated release!

This is going to sound like a really stupid question but what is the difference between the non-Kimchi version at YesAsia.com and this version? I've just ordered it from YesAsia as I'm under the impression it's the same Steelbook minus the goodies.