The Pianist (Blu-ray SteelBook + DVD Audio) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #14)[Korea]

Which full slip cover art do you prefer?

• Artwork #1

Votes: 77 45.3%
  • Artwork #2

Votes: 81 47.6%
  • None of the above

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Artwork #1

Votes: 76 44.7%
  • Artwork #2

Votes: 78 45.9%
  • None of the above

Votes: 11 6.5%

• Total voters

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Release date: May 25th 2014
Price: US$36.99; No limit on order quantity
Buy links:
The Pianist - Full Slipcover (OOS)
The Pianist - Lenticular cover (OOS)
The Pianist - 1/4 slipcover (non exclusive) live !

Group Buy: Click here
Pre-order date and time:
View attachment 67981
Pre-order gift:
if you pre order full slipcover (if poll result is option#1), you can get full slipcover option#2 as free, pre-order gift. (vise versa)
Print run info:
- lenticular slipcover 1.5K
- full slipcover 1.5K
- 1/4 slip 0.5K (non-exclusive)

Notes: full high glossy with embossed title and hands, 2-disc edition - 1x blu-ray and 1x dvd audio
subtitles: Korean, English, Chinese (Both), French, Finnish, Swedish.

List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Editions

1387775504471753.jpg

Full Slipcover Package:
13983321254592676.jpg

10154233_1528620660698479_2144388144118080906_n.jpg

Lenticular cover artwork and package:
1398331874096543.jpg

1398221485857726.gif

13877776732922111.jpg

13877779102871735.jpg

1388139329490457.jpg

Detailed Info:
Publisher :Contents Zone
ReleaseDate :
List Price :USD
Our Price :USD
You Save :USD
Year :2003 (국내개봉)
Stock Status:Coming Soon
Weight :g

Technical Information
Genre: Drama
Directors: Roman Polanski
Actors: Adrien Brody / Thomas Kretschmann / Frank Finlay
Aspect Ratio & Format: High Definition 1080p Widescreen Presentation 1.85:1
Language: English / French / Italian
Sound Mix: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1ch/DD 5.1
Subtitles: Korean / English / Chinese / French / Finnish / Swedish
Rating: 18
Region Code: all
Run Time: 148 mins
Number of discs: 2

Special Features
- Behind Story
- Piano performance
- Interview with Director & Cast
- Behind Scene
- Trailer

Additional information:
A brilliant pianist, a Polish Jew, witnesses the restrictions Nazis place on Jews in the Polish capital, from restricted access to the building of the Warsaw ghetto. As his family is rounded up to be shipped off to the Nazi labor camps, he escapes deportation and eludes capture by living in the ruins of Warsaw.

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 404
Last edited by a moderator:
I finally made my mind up and decided to get this version over Zavvi's cheaper exclusive, and I'm glad I did! I went with the full slip edition and it's absolutely gorgeous... worth every penny. This has probably already been asked and answered on one of the existing 64 pages in this thread, but ain't nobody got time for that - I'm a bit confused about the extra slip that's included... is it meant for the steelbook? And if so, why are we given two slips when there's only one steelbook? I'm not complaining, just curious. :)

There was a poll on the Full Slip Artwork
Which full slip cover art do you prefer
Option 1 won the vote
Option 2 came very close second
The extra Full slip came second in the vote
They decided to provide both to keep everyone happy

• Informative
Reactions: Noodles
There was a vote on the Full Slip Artwork
The extra Full slip came second in the vote
They decided to provide both to keep everyone happy
Ohh, I see. That's awesome! Although, I actually just tried putting my steelbook in the other slip after making my previous post and it doesn't seem to fit... it'd probably go in if I forced it, but I'd rather not try that. :ohno:

Thanks for the helpful/informative reply as always Paul. :thumbs:

Reactions: paulboland
I finally made my mind up and decided to get this version over Zavvi's cheaper exclusive, and I'm glad I did! I went with the full slip edition and it's absolutely gorgeous... worth every penny. This has probably already been asked and answered on one of the existing 64 pages in this thread, but ain't nobody got time for that - I'm a bit confused about the extra slip that's included... is it meant for the steelbook? And if so, why are we given two slips when there's only one steelbook? I'm not complaining, just curious. :)
It's just an extra for those who like it. Initially it was said that this gray slip is for pre-orders only, but it turned out that everyone got it, regardless of ordering time.

• Informative
Reactions: Noodles
Very nice looking steelbook and they both looking stunning thanks for the pic views I to have the full slip edition and I must say it's a beauty...

Does anyone know the reason for the full slip to have the number 12 on the spine but it being Kimchi exclusive number 14?

Hopefully this isn't a stupid question...

What is the differences between the fullslip and the lenticular?

Content wise, booklet or something?

Got the chanche to got the lenti for $40 ish shipped

eBay worked out in my favor! Got the full slip + additional full slip for $39. I'm assuming the second one is just a cardboard full slip case, in case you want to switch the steelbook & extras over to it?

eBay worked out in my favor! Got the full slip + additional full slip for $39. I'm assuming the second one is just a cardboard full slip case, in case you want to switch the steelbook & extras over to it?

hope you're not the one I was bidding just for the hell of it...you got it cheap anyway. congrats.

Can I get some feedback about this steelbook please? Which slip does everyone like? I'm really not sure which one to go for with this release

Can I get some feedback about this steelbook please? Which slip does everyone like? I'm really not sure which one to go for with this release

I've got both and I'd say go for the full slip if the picture doesn't depress you too much ;) Beautiful texture to it, and the title is embossed nicely. A couple more goodies, plus an extra slip if you find the right seller.

The lenticular leaves a lot to be desired, much like Kimchi's Rush lenti. That being said, mine is still sealed so I can't speak to how it looks open.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Ultron96
I've got both and I'd say go for the full slip if the picture doesn't depress you too much ;) Beautiful texture to it, and the title is embossed nicely. A couple more goodies, plus an extra slip if you find the right seller.

The lenticular leaves a lot to be desired, much like Kimchi's Rush lenti. That being said, mine is still sealed so I can't speak to how it looks open.
Thanks for getting back to me! I like the idea of an extra slip, but don't really know what I'd do with it... I could put the Zavvi exclusive Pianist steelbook in it, but there would still be a gap in the slip for something else!