The Pixar Collection (Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
This thread is for the titles that have been released to date.

For a poll to share your thoughts on future releases (2015 and on) , please click here

Limited edition are limited to 4K-5K.

The Pixar Collection link

#13: Ratatouille (May 18th, 2015) - Buy
#12: Wall·e (May 18th, 2015) - Buy (sold-out)
#11: A Bug's Life (May 11th, 2015) - Buy (sold-out)
#10: The Incredibles (May 4th, 2015) - Buy (sold-out)
#09: Brave 3D (April 7th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#08: Cars 3D (March 10th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#7: Up 3D (March 10th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#06: Monsters Inc 3D (February 17, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#05: Toy Story 3 (January 20th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#04: Toy Story 2 (January 20th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#03: Toy Story (January 20th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#02: Monsters University (November 25th, 2013) - Buy (sold-out)
#01: Finding Nemo (June 3rd, 2013) - Buy (sold-out)

thumb.jpg

Last edited:
Where did you hear any news about Zavvi cancelling the Disney Collection?

I thought I read a few posts saying they had stopped the collection bu it appears that they have just stopped for they year and say they will have more in 2015. So they are taking a break it seems. Which is much needed as they were rolling them out in bunches at £20 a pop lol.

I'm still waiting for Wall-E and especially THE INCREDIBLES!!!

I really hope this collection gets completed (even moreso than the Disney one).

They were so close to having the full set, owning all the Zavvi editions (and HMV's Cars 2 which matched - more than MU did), there was only 4 to go (out of 14). Of those 4, 3 are better movies than some of the ones we did get, Brave rather than Wall-E? Really?

I think there's still a chance next year. If we've learned anything, it's that Disney love to do steelbooks.

Would love for this to start back up. But they really need to do one a month and put time into making them look good.

I wish Zavvi / Disney would pull their fingers out and complete this set. We avidly collected and patiently waited for the titles we really wanted, only for them to suddenly cease production leaving us all in the lurch!

When they were pumping releases out, they got stick for milking the cash cow.

They take a hiatus and get told they need to pull their fingers out.

Doesn't seem fair!
I don't think people were accusing them of milking anything. The Pixar collection is a finite collection. There are only 14 releases. I think a lot of people just thought they were coming a little quickly alongside the Disney steels and their wallets were taking a battering.

Reactions: schrute farms
It is such a shame that none of these really match. The front artwork is great on all them (apart from Monsters University of course) but the different finishes, random embossing and grey/silver back artwork stops it being a really great collection.

Reactions: Flloydo
It is such a shame that none of these really match. The front artwork is great on all them (apart from Monsters University of course) but the different finishes, random embossing and grey/silver back artwork stops it being a really great collection.

I think it's the word collection that's the problem - it's obvious that Disney/Zavvi didn't plan this as a collection, rather a series of individual releases. That's why none of them match. They got better for the Disney range at the end, but because the Pixar line has far fewer titles there's nowhere to go.

I understand that A Bugs Life and The Incredibles just got announced today and have no pics, but where's the pic at the top of the thread for Brave?? All the other titles have pictures.