The Pixar Collection (Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
This thread is for the titles that have been released to date.

For a poll to share your thoughts on future releases (2015 and on) , please click here

Limited edition are limited to 4K-5K.

The Pixar Collection link

#13: Ratatouille (May 18th, 2015) - Buy
#12: Wall·e (May 18th, 2015) - Buy (sold-out)
#11: A Bug's Life (May 11th, 2015) - Buy (sold-out)
#10: The Incredibles (May 4th, 2015) - Buy (sold-out)
#09: Brave 3D (April 7th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#08: Cars 3D (March 10th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#7: Up 3D (March 10th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#06: Monsters Inc 3D (February 17, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#05: Toy Story 3 (January 20th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#04: Toy Story 2 (January 20th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#03: Toy Story (January 20th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#02: Monsters University (November 25th, 2013) - Buy (sold-out)
#01: Finding Nemo (June 3rd, 2013) - Buy (sold-out)

thumb.jpg

Last edited:
Inside out is thankfully not part of the set just as well hated it

Apart of what set?

Edit: oh you mean Pixar set?
Of course it is lol
I don't need zavvi to label it lol
Monsters uni is and that came out when the film was released like this film (and they both have title less spines)

Glad you managed to get one, surprisingly good steelbook and awesome film. Scratch that... Genius film.

Cheers, I caught the movie at the cinema. (I get to use my nephews as an excuse). It is very good.

Looking forward to getting the Steel. Looks nice. Love that it is embossed on the back.

The 'A Bugs Life' steel is still the nicest in my opinion and I think the only way it can be beaten is to do something very similar but with embossing on the back lol

Reactions: Flloydo
Cheers, I caught the movie at the cinema. (I get to use my nephews as an excuse). It is very good.

Looking forward to getting the Steel. Looks nice. Love that it is embossed on the back.

The A Bugs Life steel is still the nicest in my opinion and I think the only way it can be beaten is to do something very similar but with embossing on the back lol

Bugs life is a great steelbook (one of my favs from the Pixar set) also a big fan of the front of monsters inc and the first toy story steel especially the back (would of been better gloss aswel as up and.... Well all of them lol)
Incredibles could of been much better if the colour was correct

The main downer is monsters uni and the inconsistent backs that some have with silver and one chatacater (brave, monsters inc, toy story 2 &3)
A bit like the Disney collection

Last edited:
Reactions: Smelly_Pickle
Bugs life is a great steelbook (one of my favs from the Pixar set) also a big fan of the front of monsters inc and the first toy story steel especially the back (would of been better gloss aswel as up and.... Well all of them lol)
Incredibles could of been much better if the colour was correct

The main downer is monsters uni and the inconsistent backs that some have with silver and one chatacater (brave, monsters inc, toy story 2 &3)
A bit like the Disney collection

Haha, I agree. Viewing the spines I can't stop looking at Monsters Uni because of the Disney logo being the wrong way around.. I don't care so much about the title but that is really bugging me.

The only other one that stands out is Nemo, not because it is bad but because it is awesome. The pigeons head is really comical. Mine.

Let's not get onto the Disney collection.. I've not long started collecting and only have 2 and don't see me getting anywhere close anytime soon! Lol So many and so expensive.

Haha, I agree. Viewing the spines I can't stop looking at Monsters Uni because of the Disney logo being the wrong way around.. I don't care so much about the title but that is really bugging me.

The only other one that stands out is Nemo, not because it is bad but because it is awesome. The pigeons head is really comical. Mine.

Let's not get onto the Disney collection.. I've not long started collecting and only have 2 and don't see me getting anywhere close anytime soon! Lol So many and so expensive.

Yeah monsters uni spine is a nightmare. I need to make some kind of spine for that one. Not sure how though

Oh yeah I forgot about nemo. The first one too. Yeah that's a great steelbook

The spine that really bugs me (except monsters uni) is monsters inc (the title is a dark blue on another really dark shade of blue)

Fair dos, still a lot to go then.

Yeah monsters uni spine is a nightmare. I need to make some kind of spine for that one. Not sure how though

Oh yeah I forgot about nemo. The first one too. Yeah that's a great steelbook

The spine that really bugs me (except monsters uni) is monsters inc (the title is a dark blue on another really dark shade of blue)

Fair dos, still a lot to go then.

I don't know what they were thinking with the colours on the Monsters Inc spine either, it's amateur. Wall-E got it right. That spine stands out more than all of the others in my collection so far.

Better be off for the night, could talk steels all day lol
Catch you later.

Apart of what set?

Edit: oh you mean Pixar set?
Of course it is lol
I don't need zavvi to label it lol
Monsters uni is and that came out when the film was released like this film (and they both have title less spines)

Nope i am happily not including it such a disappointment walked out of cinema and we were not alone. Pixar seriously dropping the ball (awaits the standard, but it's amazing rambling response)

I personally thought it was unwatchable and cancelled my steelbook before I'd even left the cinema.

Real shame good idea, nice animation horrendous script, when that awful volcano started singing all the people around us asked if they were in the right film, the cinema attendant said he'd been asked that all day and also had a lot of walkouts and complaints from adults it was soooo boring and parents saying it was not a kids films but of course the emperors new clothes response "...oh it's simply Marvellous, a Pixar Triumph..." It was atrocious.

Nope i am happily not including it such a disappointment walked out of cinema and we were not alone. Pixar seriously dropping the ball (awaits the standard, but it's amazing rambling response)

I personally thought it was unwatchable and cancelled my steelbook before I'd even left the cinema.

Real shame good idea, nice animation horrendous script, when that awful volcano started singing all the people around us asked if they were in the right film, the cinema attendant said he'd been asked that all day and also had a lot of walkouts and complaints from adults it was soooo boring and parents saying it was not a kids films but of course the emperors new clothes response "...oh it's simply Marvellous, a Pixar Triumph..." It was atrocious.

Fair enough your not happy including it but it's a Pixar film therefore in the Pixar collection lol

Fair dos, people do walk out of the cinema, I see a couple roughly my age at the time walk out of up and i was sitting there with my mate loving it.
I'm not sure what you mean by Pixar dropping the ball and awaiting standard amazing rambling response? Lost me there!

Personally I didn't think I was going to like it until I got the steelbook through the door. A few had told me it was good but I wasn't sold on trailer and boy was I wrong.

The "awful" volcano was a 6 min short (not their best but still cool) and anyone who's seen a Pixar film will know they include the shorts at the cinema before a film (granted some won't know but not many)

I agree about it not being for kids or at least that was what i was thinking when watching (which makes it a bit better as an adult personally) but then it's one of the biggest films of the year and for Pixar so kids must of loved it and already seen on here the majority that watched it with kids they liked it. (That's one of the major things I like about Pixar - they are not directed at kids because of the hidden adult jokes and mature content or stories)

In fact as one member on here mentioned about refrencing characters from it (like joy) to his kids when the are unhappy or angry and I find that genius and this may even help some more parents plus kids might actually take note and realise it is fine to talk about feelings and be sad. Has some huge life lessons in this film on how our minds might work and how we look at the world.

I was blown away by all the messages in this and I'm usually terrible at spotting them.

I don't always watch special features but I find the Pixar ones interesting and the bonus material on this opened other doors to the meaning and background of the film.

One thing I love about Pixar (and I find this hard to explain) is they treat them like a real movie in scenes and when other companies make these animations such as dreams works and others they fit everything going on in the one screen and the characters are like looney tunes and aware they are in a film kind of thing with stupid stuff happening all the time.
This is the first Pixar film I've seen that happen to, but it only happens to the characters in her mind and when you see Riley's life it's more like a traditional Pixar film.
I really like that mix in this film (as it is really 2 different kinds of film going on) and the director even mentions this in the making of and how interested they were at it because they don't ever do that style of stupid and all over the place in a Pixar film.
Tbh one of the only decent animation films I've seen that is not Pixar (except studio gibli even though they don't do cgi animation) where they have treated it like an actual movie is megamind (might be a few others but I'm tired and can't think - there is a film coming out called the little prince that seems to be taking a page out of pixars book but looks even more grown up)

Emporoers new clothes response?
Again lost me there

Cars is atrocious (they are really for kids) this was a triumph lol

Last edited:

I hope by canceling the steelbook in the cinema, you meant the foyer! :woot:

Lava was a bit cheesy, I wouldn't call it awful. It was a heart felt animated short, maybe a little cringe worthy. Some people in my showing actually shed tears watching it. It did its' job with the majority of viewers and I thought it was cute.

I agree that the idea of Inside Out was a good one, it was good enough to cease the production of 'newt' which also sounded good. I also admit that I did expect more from this movie but only because I was sold a comedy (from the trailers) and expected to have a laugh. Getting something you don't expect always puts me on a bit of a downer.

Inside Out was a little dark in nature, It is not void of funny moments though. Joy was featured a lot but in most aspects it wasn't a fun/joyful moment, this will almost always happen when the script is written around a dilema.
Once I had realised the fact I wasn't watching an all out comedy; I had to change my expectations and I felt it was very well written and gripping. There was never a dull moment.

I would understand if parents and young children were dissapointed by the general nature that could potentially 'play on your mind' (excuse the pun) but with the visuals and fluidity I couldn't hate this movie at all. In my eyes It just wasn't marketed for what it actually is and what I expected.

It is categorised as Animation/Adventure/Comedy I think Animation/Drama/Adventure/comedy. would give viewers more of an idea of what they are about to watch. Drama is the entire premise of the movie and the reason all of the emotions were expressed so well, it also made the movie a bit different which is a great thing.

All in all I thought the movie was very good and with a bit more comedy thrown in could have been a lot better.

It was Pixar trying to be too clever and failing miserably. I am still unsure who the film was aimed at, I was so looking forward to it as I love all other Pixar's, but it was unwatchable. Can I just ask why sadness had to be fat with glasses?

my answer to your question "why sadness had to be fat with glasses" is so simple "why not?"
and I don't know why you think it's failing miserably, cause it's earned $851.5 million in box office..
let alone that Rotten Tomatoes gave it 98% while Meta Critic gave it 94%... failing really?

Last edited:
I hope by canceling the steelbook in the cinema, you meant the foyer! :woot:

Lava was a bit cheesy, I wouldn't call it awful. It was a heart felt animated short, maybe a little cringe worthy. Some people in my showing actually shed tears watching it. It did its' job with the majority of viewers and I thought it was cute.

I agree that the idea of Inside Out was a good one, it was good enough to cease the production of 'newt' which also sounded good. I also admit that I did expect more from this movie but only because I was sold a comedy (from the trailers) and expected to have a laugh. Getting something you don't expect always puts me on a bit of a downer.

Inside Out was a little dark in nature, It is not void of funny moments though. Joy was featured a lot but in most aspects it wasn't a fun/joyful moment, this will almost always happen when the script is written around a dilema.
Once I had realised the fact I wasn't watching an all out comedy; I had to change my expectations and I felt it was very well written and gripping. There was never a dull moment.

I would understand if parents and young children were dissapointed by the general nature that could potentially 'play on your mind' (excuse the pun) but with the visuals and fluidity I couldn't hate this movie at all. In my eyes It just wasn't marketed for what it actually is and what I expected.

It is categorised as Animation/Adventure/Comedy I think Animation/Drama/Adventure/comedy. would give viewers more of an idea of what they are about to watch. Drama is the entire premise of the movie and the reason all of the emotions were expressed so well, it also made the movie a bit different which is a great thing.

All in all I thought the movie was very good and with a bit more comedy thrown in could have been a lot better.

Nicely put, don't agree with it all but nicely put.

Lava was defo cheesey and I prefer some of the other shorts but enjoyable still.
Also I did see it as a comedy a bit. At least anger and sadness made mar laugh, plus all the other little things like going into mum and dads head (and a lot more like abstract thought and dream productions) but it was definately dark at times which I really enjoyed (like a certain number of toys excepting their death)

When watching a film that i think is going to be a completly different, It only puts me on a downer if im not enjoying it. Otherwise if im surprised and I'm loving the feature then that's a good thing for me.

I actully thought joy was going to annoy me but when her journey became clear and what they were trying to tell the audience with her and another character fascinated me because I think the ending is very true (I won't go into detail as I don't want to spoil it for people)
At least it is for me and that's Why i think of things sometimes to appreciate them more or move on.

I wonder if this was more popular with adults than children?
Because I was watching it thinking how will kids get this? And realising it's more for adults but then i suppose I'm underestimating a child's intelligence (or at least some) of getting what's playing out on screen and the message.
Not sure.
I think it's a Pixar film that kids today can watch in 10 years and see a whole different side to it maybe a bit like certain films did to us when we were kids and we watch when we are older and be like "ohhhh I get it now" and affects us differently. Again who knows lol

Looking forward to seeing this in 3D now

It was Pixar trying to be too clever and failing miserably. I am still unsure who the film was aimed at, I was so looking forward to it as I love all other Pixar's, but it was unwatchable. Can I just ask why sadness had to be fat with glasses?

Not sure, does it matter lol

Most the early concept designs she was always big. Some of the designs she is huge and extremely depressing

my answer to your question "why sadness had to be fat with glasses" is so simple "why not?"
and I don't know why you think it's failing miserably, cause it's earned $851.5 million in box office..
let alone that Rotten Tomatoes gave it 98% while Meta Critic gave it 94%... failing really?

it will still be a failure to her even with a the incredible stats

Maybe she was not a fan because jar jar Binks was not in it. Lol

I agree that there is a certain stereotype with all of the characters but this is subjective of course. There are a lot of sad skinny people, and fearful muscley people too. I suppose going against stereotype may have added humour but then that would be stereotypist lol.

The only real character issue I had was when Joy essentially bullied sadness to stand in a circle and not move. I didn't like Joy at this point. Totally out of character/emotion.

The movie isn't without its flaws but I learn to see through these or I would probably be dissapointed with every movie I watch.

Last edited:
Nicely put, don't agree with it all but nicely put.

Lava was defo cheesey and I prefer some of the other shorts but enjoyable still.
Also I did see it as a comedy a bit. At least anger and sadness made mar laugh, plus all the other little things like going into mum and dads head (and a lot more like abstract thought and dream productions) but it was definately dark at times which I really enjoyed (like a certain number of toys excepting their death)

When watching a film that i think is going to be a completly different, It only puts me on a downer if im not enjoying it. Otherwise if im surprised and I'm loving the feature then that's a good thing for me.

I actully thought joy was going to annoy me but when her journey became clear and what they were trying to tell the audience with her and another character fascinated me because I think the ending is very true (I won't go into detail as I don't want to spoil it for people)
At least it is for me and that's Why i think of things sometimes to appreciate them more or move on.

I wonder if this was more popular with adults than children?
Because I was watching it thinking how will kids get this? And realising it's more for adults but then i suppose I'm underestimating a child's intelligence (or at least some) of getting what's playing out on screen and the message.
Not sure.
I think it's a Pixar film that kids today can watch in 10 years and see a whole different side to it maybe a bit like certain films did to us when we were kids and we watch when we are older and be like "ohhhh I get it now" and affects us differently. Again who knows lol

Looking forward to seeing this in 3D now

Not sure, does it matter lol

Most the early concept designs she was always big. Some of the designs she is huge and extremely depressing

On the Upside In, if everybody had the same opinions the world would be a boring place lol :)

The answer is it's such a cheap stereotype that she's fat with glasses and quoting website stats and money is never going to change anyone's mind, if it did they would have to be very fickle. Some great films films did nothing at the cinema and website didn't blow smoke up up their *** lol

Oh @Flloydo I do so often think you are in the room with me as you seem to reply so often when I speak, so it's ok in this instance to be postive as its something you liked ;)

Reactions: goufcustom