The Pixar Collection (Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
This thread is for the titles that have been released to date.

For a poll to share your thoughts on future releases (2015 and on) , please click here

Limited edition are limited to 4K-5K.

The Pixar Collection link

#13: Ratatouille (May 18th, 2015) - Buy
#12: Wall·e (May 18th, 2015) - Buy (sold-out)
#11: A Bug's Life (May 11th, 2015) - Buy (sold-out)
#10: The Incredibles (May 4th, 2015) - Buy (sold-out)
#09: Brave 3D (April 7th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#08: Cars 3D (March 10th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#7: Up 3D (March 10th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#06: Monsters Inc 3D (February 17, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#05: Toy Story 3 (January 20th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#04: Toy Story 2 (January 20th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#03: Toy Story (January 20th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#02: Monsters University (November 25th, 2013) - Buy (sold-out)
#01: Finding Nemo (June 3rd, 2013) - Buy (sold-out)

thumb.jpg

Last edited:
I agree that there is a certain stereotype with all of the characters but this is subjective of course. There are a lot of sad skinny people, and fearful muscley people too. I suppose going against stereotype may have added humour but then that would be stereotypist lol.

The only real character issue I had was when Joy essentially bullied sadness to stand in a circle and not move. I didn't like Joy at this point. Totally out of character/emotion.

The movie isn't without its flaws but I learn to see through these or I would probably be dissapointed with every movie I watch.

It's because she wants Riley happy and joys character is starting to break when she does that circle thing not realising the lengths she would go to, to make Riley happy.
They are evolving all the time.

In early drafts joy was quite evil wanting to spit in the cool girls faces and even put fear in some horrible situations

Also joy does something near the end that is nasty to you know who and it's just to get back to Riley to sort her out (again not realising she is becoming a different emotion in a way in the process).
At that point she thinks joy is the only thing that will make her happy and making all go back to normal. She's still learning.

When you see mums head they are all civilised but just think it probably had taken 20 years for the emotions to reach that point probably taking a simular journey in her mind when she was Riley age.
It's about understanding each other and your emotions and what they can unlock

Reactions: Smelly_Pickle
It's all very basic and dreadfully boring shame as it could have been amazing the animation was incredible, just everything else was terrible.

The answer is it's such a cheap stereotype that she's fat with glasses and quoting website stats and money is never going to change anyone's mind, if it did they would have to be very fickle. Some great films films did nothing at the cinema and website didn't blow smoke up up their *** lol

Oh @Flloydo I do so often think you are in the room with me as you seem to reply so often when I speak, so it's ok in this instance to be postive as its something you liked ;)

I think with sadness there will always be someone that don't like how she looks (I'm not having a dig at you FYI) because sadness can be a touchy subject due to what it can lead to but in this film they focus on the positive side to her in a way (which is the best route Pixar could go - no way would they show a seriously depressed emotion that's on the verge of self harm)

If sadness was a skinny person with long hair like a grundger then someone would be unhappy with that. It was always going to be a stereotype (aren't they all anyway - fear being Weasly, disgust being a snobbish rich girl, anger having a dadish feel plus he's short and fat like small man syndrome)

I think it's because you are a big Pixar fan and this one film (your not going to like everything) has made you go 100% negative on it as a type of reflex muscle.
I'm really not bothered if you don't like it and your right stats shouldn't convince anything.
But to say it's a massive failure is laughable. That was just your experience

Personally I think the good dinosaur looks awful and I'm much more up for disneys zootopia (or whatever it's called in the uk zootropolis or something) Now that looks amazing to me :)

I think with sadness there will always be someone that don't like how she looks (I'm not having a dig at you FYI) because sadness can be a touchy subject due to what it can lead to but in this film they focus on the positive side to her in a way (which is the best route Pixar could go - no way would they show a seriously depressed emotion that's on the verge of self harm)

If sadness was a skinny person with long hair like a grundger then someone would be unhappy with that. It was always going to be a stereotype (aren't they all anyway - fear being Weasly, disgust being a snobbish rich girl, anger having a dadish feel plus he's short and fat like small man syndrome)

I think it's because you are a big Pixar fan and this one film (your not going to like everything) has made you go 100% negative on it as a type of reflex muscle.
I'm really not bothered if you don't like it and your right stats shouldn't convince anything.
But to say it's a massive failure is laughable. That was just your experience

Personally I think the good dinosaur looks awful and I'm much more up for disneys zootopia (or whatever it's called in the uk zootropolis or something) Now that looks amazing to me :)

Wow we actually agree Zootopia does look good

Wow we actually agree Zootopia does look good

I was up for the good dinosaur but the trailer didn't do much (I'll still give it a go and so far cars are the only Pixar films I don't like anyway)

Yeah zootopia looks great. Been up for it since I heard about it a few years back and it looks exactly how I imagined it would.

Have you seen the new sloth trailer for it?

I was up for the good dinosaur but the trailer didn't do much (I'll still give it a go and so far cars are the only Pixar films I don't like anyway)

Yeah zootopia looks great. Been up for it since I heard about it a few years back and it looks exactly how I imagined it would.

Have you seen the new sloth trailer for it?

This one?

Reactions: tono06 and Flloydo
@Flash I think it's Pixar intention that each character represent each emotion with pretty straight forward look: Joy (fun, glowing), Anger (red, fire) so I think it makes sense that Sadness looks like that...

and of course my quoting about stats and money didn't change your mind and it's not my intention too, I respected your opinion but as I don't agree with it that's why I show you the numbers/its positive score against your "failing miserably" which I think you're minority here (and it's not wrong) :thumbs:

Reactions: Flloydo
@Flash I think it's Pixar intention that each character represent each emotion with pretty straight forward look: Joy (fun, glowing), Anger (red, fire) so I think it makes sense that Sadness looks like that...

and of course my quoting about stats and money didn't change your mind and it's not my intention too, I respected your opinion but as I don't agree with it that's why I show you the numbers/its positive score against your "failing miserably" which I think you're minority here (and it's not wrong) :thumbs:

For ME the film failed miserably for my enjoyment and my view of Pixar, that's all.

Reactions: goufcustom
Already released frm another store i believe in england, so might never be one for the zavvi collection/site,it's been so long now.. personally i think that if they were to release some day they would have done it by now..