Amazon.co.uk
Base.com
Fox Direct
Zavvi.com

58782697_500x500_2.jpg

58782697_500x500_4.jpg

58782697_500x500_3.jpg

Actual pictures-thanks ricster!

All images can be clicked on for a closer view. They are all high res and can be viewed at full scale.

0I4w3yx.jpg

X0eKCvU.jpg

vvpVa8i.jpg

NJ5OUiW.jpg

Cbmat87.jpg

Below are shots to help show the finishing on the steel.

HDN EXCLUSIVE SHOTS
---------------------------

pO8Jj7H.jpg

iAtPh39.jpg

yYxAcan.jpg

XoDHgK1.jpg

HDN EXCLUSIVE FINISHING SHOT
Extremely close up shot to help show you the paint job

jp8tKyz.jpg

P582n3m.jpg

bg06133.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Let us know what you think of it when it arrives:thumbs:
think we may be the only one who pre ordered:hilarious:
the price needs to drop to about £12-13.99 to get people interested? There are just too many releases coming up so I'll be doing a lot of cancelling over the next few weeks.. couldn't cancel this though, many good memories attached to this.:D

Received mine today and i love it. Purchased with a zavvi discount code few weeks ago with Fantastic Four and X-men 3.

Reactions: chunk
Received mine today and i love it. Purchased with a zavvi discount code few weeks ago with Fantastic Four and X-men 3.

That got to you quick:scat: so happy you love it too:oohyeah: I was looking at mine again today (I just love shiny things):hilarious: so pleased with how this turned out, I think I was expecting it to have no deboss/emboss and to be dull. I couldn't have been more wrong. Awesome steel imo.. definitely a great buy:D

Reactions: rj531
I'm resisting buying this....I'm hoping for a price drop too.

me too, it is a lovely looking steel from the pics but i'll take a dip at £15 and as things like jackie brown, rambo, goonies, transformers, anchorman are all nice steels that can now be had around £10 mark. I Figure paid over the odds on those i hold off on this, reckon have it soon enough.

basil :thumbs:

Typical I paid £18.77 :emb:
Its now £13.89

Price to pay for wanting a Pre-Order on release day

I have held of pre-ordering majority of the May 12th and June 2 Fox Releases as eventually most of them should drop in price

June alone was just to expensive to Pre-Order all

Typical I paid £18.77 :emb:
Its now £13.89

Price to pay for wanting a Pre-Order on release day

I have held of pre-ordering majority of the May 12th and June 2 Fox Releases as eventually most of them should drop in price

June alone was just to expensive to Pre-Order all

You're learning Paul! :p

I said it weeks ago. I didn't buy any of this wave yet. They'll drop even more. They always do.

Reactions: paulboland
Looks like a nice steelbook this one, I'm picking this one up now, real value at the current price at Amazon. Brings back memories, used to watch it quite a bit in the 80's, still a good adventure movie, nice cast too.

Now £4.99 at Zavvi, £4.49 if you use discount code 10CCZ for 10% off:

http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/the-poseidon-adventure-limited-edition-steelbook/10896263.html
With Fox releases from now on I think I will wait unless its a release I want day one regardless of the price
I paid £18.77 when it was released
Its now £4.99 from Zavvi without any discount code used :(

Selling at £4.99
Zavvi they must of ended up making a big loss to shift these if its unsold stock they had in their warehouse or Fox offered stock to them at a reduced price with fox making a loss as this and the other fox releases were not exclusives to a retailer
Amazon.uk still have this as £17.00 with only third party sellers been cheaper on amazon.uk with them most likely buying these from zavvi at the reduced prices
Other retailers prices are also still high

If this was Zavvi stock in their warehouse unsold their buyers need to learn to only order as needed and not bulk buy or make sure they have sale of return or exchange if they bulk buy as the point of not been an exclusive is you don't have to commit to a set quantity of stock unless its offered to you at a very cheap price at a later stage by a film distributor or overstock company who offered you bulk stock at greatly reduced price

We of course as customers gain from bad buying mistakes be it a retailer or a distributor but long term that can result in releases that might not happen with a retailer or the film studio distributor get scared to commit to a future release

Lot of these UK steelbook releases back catalogue titles are priced way to high and UK film studios need to learn to release them at the start at a budget price which will mean better chance of selling majority at a mid price and overall profit to themselves and the retailers than making a loss especially for the retailer

Last edited:
Skipped it initially because of the price and got me the amaray, but at this price (GBP 4.49 with code incl shipping to me) I just cant say no, even though I am no big fan of Zavvi and their customer service.