USA
Release date: October 4, 2016
Purchase link: TBA
Price: $24.98

161521_front.jpg

Purple Rain
Special Features and Technical Specs:

NEW 2016 1080p HD master
Audio Commentary by Director Albert Magnoli, Producer Robert Cavallo and Cinematographer Donald E. Thorin
First Avenue: The Road to Pop Royalty: Visit the Nightclub Where Prince Started
Purple Rain Backstage Pass: Behind the Scenes
Riffs, Ruffles and a Revolution: The Impact and Influence of Purple Rain
MTV Premiere Party Original Broadcast
8 Music Videos: Let's Go Crazy, Take Me With U, When Doves Cry, I Would Die 4 U/Baby I'm a Star, Purple Rain, Jungle Love, The Bird and Sex Shooter
Original Trailer

Under the Cherry Moon

NEW 2016 1080p HD master
Trailer

Graffiti Bridge

NEW 2016 1080p HD master
Trailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the picture from Amazon Japans release. Just loving the purple case and the discs...:drool::drool::drool::drool:
I think the US version might be the same. Japan version is twice the price ...:wacky: But its Prince so has to be done...:LOL:

States, luxury slip box, so I have pre ordered the Japan version as their packing to Europe is better than amazon US......:naughty::p

Also regarding the audio quality of these remastered versions. If its like the superior HD BD, version Japan did for "Sign of the Times" (comes with a 5.1 DTS HD audio mix as well as stereo LPCM) then the Japanese release could also be the superior audio version as well. Compared to the rest of the world. As happens quite a lot with their SACD and BD's.:headphone:

US order cancelled..:p

@PunkNinja :wow:

91fs2rI3jBL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
My order from Japan for this arrived today...:drool::) Nice release and also included 8 large postcards. Not sure if the US release has the postcards...:whistle:

Ridiculous price for the Japan version...:OMG::confused::confused: I must be mad but it's Prince so what the heck...:shy::oohyeah::censored::wacky::kiss:

• Thanks
Reactions: kierano