The Princess And The Frog (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive Collection #??) [UK]

Ultron96

Premium Supporter
Sep 2, 2014
Kent, UK
Release date: 12th October, 2015
Purchase Link: Zavvi (Live)
Price: £19.99

11146506-1484309134167748.jpg

11146506-3064309134173862.jpg

Last edited:
so? I'm not sure what that has to do with the price of tea in China or what I said in my post.
My point, made badly, was that Zavvi have managed to miss quoted release dates, sometimes by months, when they announce these Disney Steels.
The last three which were announced just before becoming available were released as they stated.
Tron Legacy was sent out much earlier than expected.
Last year the Disney steel releases were all over the place.
After last years mess I vowed never to pre order from them again, but I have not managed to stick by that

My point, made badly, was that Zavvi have managed to miss quoted release dates, sometimes by months, when they announce these Disney Steels.
The last three which were announced just before becoming available were released as they stated.
Tron Legacy was sent out much earlier than expected.
Last year the Disney steel releases were all over the place.
After last years mess I vowed never to pre order from them again, but I have not managed to stick by that

That's the thing, regardless of Zavvi's complete inability in keeping customers informed of changes in release dates, Disney steelbooks are usually of good quality.

Certainly, if you want a (nearly) matching set of the Disney animated classics then Zavvi is your only course of action. I've been lucky so far as I've bought every Disney animated classic and every Disney/Pixar release Zavvi have put out and the only issue I've had with any of them was The Incredibles. It arrived scratched and despite being in stock when I reported the issue, it was sold out by the time it was resolved so I was refunded instead. Fortunately I picked one up off Ebay for cost-price with free shipping a month later.

I had a Tarzan steel that arrived damaged
I sent it back but they went out of stock so I got a refund
Went the eBay route and paid a little more.
Some small time later Zavvi had them back in stock again

I had a Tarzan steel that arrived damaged
I sent it back but they went out of stock so I got a refund
Went the eBay route and paid a little more.
Some small time later Zavvi had them back in stock again

Was the eBay route through Zavvi’s Outlet? That would be a full circle rip off.

I admit this is one of the few times I believe this information as it's a lovely, lovely steelbook - in the flesh I expect it to be one of the very best that Disney has released.

Reactions: hetdelonge
if i look at the comments on this post (pretty low) i dont think they are going to be out of stock soon... Also, i dont think there are only "500" remaining steels. If it come out of stock, it's a lie just like they always do

if i look at the comments on this post (pretty low) i dont think they are going to be out of stock soon... Also, i dont think there are only "500" remaining steels. If it come out of stock, it's a lie just like they always do
I got an alert a long time ago saying the same thing about Brother Bear, Sword In Stone & Emperor's Groove.
"Only 500 remaining. Last chance." I think the "500 remaining" refers to Zavvi's collective brain cells.

Reactions: runk0002
We suspect that the "250 / 500 remaining" messages that many of us received for the 3 recent Disney steelbooks maybe a month or so ago were porkies as I believe all 3 are still available. . .

That doesn't mean however we should take Zavvi for granted and think that just because it's only 'Zavvi Sold out' it will surely be back at or around release date even though 99% of steelbooks that show 'Sold out' for ages do re-appear at or around release date - whether this is due to cancellations or stock held back for release day I have no way of knowing.

A couple of recent examples appear to be 'Sold out' for true so far (THE LOSERS and TRON LEGACY).

My copy of EX-MACHINA was cancelled by Zavvi because they had quote "oversold it" unquote so that is another example 'Sold out' for true.

EDIT 5/8/15: TRON LEGACY is back up to order though I'm sorry to say that THE LOSERS has not come back, to my knowledge.

Last edited:
We suspect that the "250 / 500 remaining" messages that many of us received for the 3 recent Disney steelbooks maybe a month or so ago were porkies as I believe all 3 are still available. . .

That doesn't mean however we should take Zavvi for granted and think that just because it's only 'Zavvi Sold out' it will surely be back at or around release date even though 99% of steelbooks that show 'Sold out' for ages do re-appear at or around release date - whether this is due to cancellations or stock held back for release day I have no way of knowing.

A couple of recent examples appear to be 'Sold out' for true so far (THE LOSERS and TRON LEGACY).

My copy of EX-MACHINA was cancelled by Zavvi because they had quote unquote "oversold it" so that is another example 'Sold out' for true.

Army of Darkness is another one. I'm gutted that I missed it. :cry: