Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 26, 2016
Purchase link: The Purge: Election Year
Price: £22.99

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Same here. Not worth the asking price IMO for a one disc average film.
Yeah, thats right. I do think, though, that zavvi might try to squeeze as many £20plus purchases out of this one - just a hunch of mine though, but will have to wait it out and see. I think i'm done paying full whack for a steelbook, only to see it for half the price a few months down the line. If i miss out these days, i'm not too bothered unless its something i really want, or is a special movie for me.

Yeah, thats right. I do think, though, that zavvi might try to squeeze as many £20plus purchases out of this one - just a hunch of mine though, but will have to wait it out and see. I think i'm done paying full whack for a steelbook, only to see it for half the price a few months down the line. If i miss out these days, i'm not too bothered unless its something i really want, or is a special movie for me.
Exactly.

I never really order anything at full price from Zavvi anymore. If I do, it has already sold out on preorder and I've used a discount code!

Otherwise it's cancelled and I wait for a price drop.

It's been at that for weeks. Original price was £22.99!

Lowest it dropped was £18 a couple months ago.

That's what I meant, if they didn't sell out at £18 why do they think they should put the price back up?!

They probably had a small flurry of sales at £18 and panicked that we were getting to much of a good deal so they put it up again to squeeze every last penny out of us. They really come across as a small time bunch of cowboys with these pathetic business practices.

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
I think that if they've put it up to this price (£29.99) then it means 1 of two things; they've got the last few remaining, and it will be gone soon, and they're squeezing the last drops of blood out of it. Or its going to have a price drop soon ( maybe half price or so?). I've noticed that sometimes they've hiked up the price before a big price drop.

I think that if they've put it up to this price (£29.99) then it means 1 of two things; they've got the last few remaining, and it will be gone soon, and they're squeezing the last drops of blood out of it. Or its going to have a price drop soon ( maybe half price or so?). I've noticed that sometimes they've hiked up the price before a big price drop.
That is correct most of the time when price increases it does usually mean they only have a small amount of stock left but it has happened before that the price drops again to lot lower price can be a few weeks or few months later

That is correct most of the time when price increases it does usually mean they only have a small amount of stock left but it has happened before that the price drops again to lot lower price can be a few weeks or few months later
Yeah, for sure!

Oh guys why didn't you just snag it when it was £17.99 + discount code? Lol. Now it's most probably gonna sellout....

I understand the need to wait for price drops but you can't win them all.