Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: January 22nd , 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £15.99

11573222-1394523479271355.jpg

11573222-9664523479403886.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Such awesome movies, will we ever see a Raid 3?....

(Already got the Kimchi lenti’s and original play.com so this is an easy pass)

Total bargain if using the same templates (particularly the stunning #1) . . .
. . . and welcome news for those customers who don't have either of the original UK releases and for that reason it's a definite :thumbs::thumbs:

Late to the game or just never bought the originals?
You can still pick up both but at the time of writing but you'll have to pay at least 40 quid for #1 and 18 quid for #2 (both in "New & Sealed" condition) for the privilege.

Quick reminder of the de-bossed UK originals of THE RAID 1 & 2 with the first one a standout steelbook and the second ordinary by comparison
#1 Play.com exclusive - Sep. 2012
#2 Entertainment Store exclusive - Aug. 2014

Yes, we've already had the same artwork on the two standalones but I'm still thinking I prefer it to the German release:-
upload_2017-12-21_21-28-21.png

Pics courtesy Movie Shelter:-
The_Raid_Play.com_Exclusive_Steelbook_14.jpg
The_Raid_Play.com_Exclusive_Steelbook_15.jpg

The_Raid_Play.com_Exclusive_Steelbook_06.jpg
The_Raid_Play.com_Exclusive_Steelbook_07.jpg
The_Raid_Play.com_Exclusive_Steelbook_10.jpg
The_Raid_Play.com_Exclusive_Steelbook_09.jpg
The_Raid_2_Entertainment_Store_Exclusive_Steelbook_Edition_09.jpg
The_Raid_2_Entertainment_Store_Exclusive_Steelbook_Edition_08.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: robbodoc
Fully agree about the Kimchi releases.
I received both 1 and 2 (Lentis) just last week and I'm VERY impressed by the holographic images they display.
I also find both films absolute works of art wrt displaying martial arts fighting on film.
I know some give #2 short shrift regards the plot but I thoroughly enjoyed how it branched out from the claustrophobic confines of the first.

And to those who think "Dredd" is a 'rip-off' of #1, just no, Dredd was in production before Raid #1.
A weird coincidental plot line but that's exactly what happened, according to the directors of both films.

• Thanks
Reactions: ChrisPatt
Is this indeed going to be a Region 2/B only? Or is Zavvi incorrect like ever so often? I know the other Jock steels for each movie separate were Region 2 tho, so it's probably the same discs since it's the same art :(

Such awesome movies, will we ever see a Raid 3?....

director Gareth Evans said in an interview last year that he wanted to make a few films outside Indonesia before going back to this franchise - if at all. he had a great deal of creative control over the first 2 films; Merantau Films basically let him do what he wanted.

here's the full quote:
Could you potentially have The Raid 3 done before they finish the remake?
Absolutely not, no. I’m not touching The Raid 3 for a couple of years from now. I don’t have any plans to do The Raid 3 within the next two or three years so I’m going to take a break from that franchise for a bit. I want to do some things outside of Indonesia for like two films, then come back to Indonesia and shoot The Raid 3. I have another one I want to shoot with him first. Still in the action genre and it’s something that [Uwais] needs to train for for a fair amount of time. You have to make good with some weaponry, my friend.

director Gareth Evans said in an interview last year that he wanted to make a few films outside Indonesia before going back to this franchise - if at all. he had a great deal of creative control over the first 2 films; Merantau Films basically let him do what he wanted.

here's the full quote:
Could you potentially have The Raid 3 done before they finish the remake?
Absolutely not, no. I’m not touching The Raid 3 for a couple of years from now. I don’t have any plans to do The Raid 3 within the next two or three years so I’m going to take a break from that franchise for a bit. I want to do some things outside of Indonesia for like two films, then come back to Indonesia and shoot The Raid 3. I have another one I want to shoot with him first. Still in the action genre and it’s something that [Uwais] needs to train for for a fair amount of time. You have to make good with some weaponry, my friend.

Thanks so much for the info, much appreciated :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart