tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
The Raid #1 (of 4)
  • Writer Ollie Masters
  • Artists Budi Setiawan, Brad Simpson
  • FC • 32pp • $3.99 • On Sale August 01, 2018
  • An all-new story from the world of the martial arts masterpiece! As the events of the second movie rage, hero Rama is trapped in prison. Can he protect an undercover cop? Can he even protect himself?
  • Bone-crunching cinematic martial arts action brought to the bloodied page! The perfect companion to the upcoming Hollywood remake!
  • #1-2 written by Ollie Masters (The Kitchen), with art by Budi Setiawan (Rex Royd)! Issues #3-4 written by Alex Paknadel (Doctor Who, Arcadia)!
  • Go beyond the movie to discover the sinister truth behind Hammer Girl and Baseball Bat Man!
  • Cover A: Ben Oliver
  • Cover B: Photo
  • Cover C: John McCrea
  • Cover D: Budi Setiawan
The-Raid-01-Cover-A-Ben-Oliver.jpg The-Raid-01-Cover-B-Photo.jpg The-Raid-01-Cover-C-John-McCrea.jpg The-Raid-01-Cover-D-Budi-Setiawan.jpg Screenshot 2018-05-27 20.08.34.png

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
HELL YEAH BABY! :woot: :notworthy: :cool: You know these goodies will be mine! :drool: @tridon Thanks for the tag Amigo! :thumbs:

Yeah $16 for all 4 of the 4 part series not bad.

these a movie tie in or spin off (not that it matters too much, am a sucker for TV/Movie comics)

Well I hate to say this, but i bet these comics may be the best part about this .... The Raid is such a good movie and look what it says "The perfect companion to the upcoming Hollywood remake!" ......... so hollywood is remaking The Raid .... can you really make The Raid better or expand on it? I dont have high hopes. And wasnt that remake called Dredd. ha.

• Helpful Post
so these comics have nothing to do with the Indonesian greatness? (granted I've yet to see Raid 2....)

that said, I recall the first Raid coming out around the same time as Dredd and personally loved both of them.

so these comics have nothing to do with the Indonesian greatness? (granted I've yet to see Raid 2....)

that said, I recall the first Raid coming out around the same time as Dredd and personally loved both of them.
Well characters and drawing are that of the Indonesian films, but i presume story is different ... and it was to my surprise just reading of the news in that blurb from OP that there is a new hollywood remake coming.

• Helpful Post
Yeah $16 for all 4 of the 4 part series not bad.

Well I hate to say this, but i bet these comics may be the best part about this .... The Raid is such a good movie and look what it says "The perfect companion to the upcoming Hollywood remake!" ......... so hollywood is remaking The Raid .... can you really make The Raid better or expand on it? I dont have high hopes. And wasnt that remake called Dredd. ha.
$16 is not bad ;) And I hope we get 'The Raid 3' before Hollywood gives us a shi**y remake! :squint: A remake that we dont need or want! :mad: :banghead:

Solicitation and covers for issue #2:

Writer: Ollie Masters
Artist: Budi Setiawan
Publisher: Titan Comics
FC, 32pp, $3.99, On sale: September 5, 2018
As the events of the second movie rage, Rama, main character of The Raid, is trapped in prison. Can he protect an undercover cop? Can he even protect himself? Meanwhile, Jakarta crime boss Bejo begins causing havoc in the outside world as he strives to gain more and more power – ably assisted by two familiar faces: Hammer Girl and Baseball Bat Man…
COVER A: REGULAR COVER: Claudia Ianniciello
COVER B: PHOTO

Untitled1.png Untitled.png

@bloodsnake007 @Wreck @kryptonite

Anyone read the first issue yet? I rewatched The Raid and Berandal before digging in. Looks like the mini-series aims to fill the two year gap between Rama going into prison and getting out. So we get to see what prison was like for Rama after Uco got early release and the initial rise of Bejo in the Jakarta criminal underworld. Overall I liked it, but it's not without its flaws. I feel the script could've been a little sharper. I know it's only the first issue but I feel Teja, a new special operations cop introduced for this series, could've been fleshed out a little better. I know the Jakarta police force is corrupt, but the circumstances for him going to jail seemed a little farfetched and happened much too quickly. That being said, the artwork is great. Setiawan utilizes a clever device to depict the brutal violence in sequential form. Looking forward to issue 2!

Solicitation and covers for issue #3:

Writer: Alex Paknadel
Artist: Budi Setiawan
Publisher: Titan Comics
FC, 32pp, $3.99, On sale: September 5, 2018
As an undercover cop in jail, the last thing Rama wants to see is a familiar face... but it seems his actions in the first movie are back to haunt him. Writer Alex Paknadel (Doctor Who, Arcadia) enters the brutal world of the cult martial arts movie hit, in a bone-breaking new story set during the events of the second movie!
COVER A: REGULAR COVER: Roy Allen Martinez
COVER B: PHOTO

STL095821.jpgSTL095822.jpg