snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 23rd, 2014
Purchase link: The Raid: Redemption
Price: $14.99

Part of the Sony Catalogue Wave Best Buy Exclusive (16 titles)
raid.jpg

Attachments

• raid.jpg
    raid.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 956
Last edited by a moderator:
It effects the look if you like them sealed. It is one of the ugliest j-card I have ever seen. I already knew it wasn't part of the art.

I think that means the entire wave has that ugly j-card. I bet it is the last time they do it that way. Who ever designed that should be fired asap.
I think they design with the intent of people opening them to watch. Why would they think about how it looks for people not to open them?

Quite basic from the other one and different. The red and silver colour combination looks average it turned out to be looking simple was expecting a bit more from this title...

I find it hard to believe that Novamedia, KimchiDVD, Plain Archive are the select few that know the steelbook collector market, while the studios and Best Buy do not. I call BS on that. They know we are collecting these. They wouldn't be printing these without the steelbook collector around.

I find it hard to believe that Novamedia, KimchiDVD, Plain Archive are the select few that know the steelbook collector market, while the studios and Best Buy do not. I call BS on that. They know we are collecting these. They wouldn't be printing these without the steelbook collector around.

Best Buy are obviously aiming for a different sector of the market. Not everyone cares about resale value or cheap extras like booklets (that most of us can't read) and slips, especially not the average Best Buy customer who might buy this on impulse. If Best Buy start charging close to $40 for their exclusive Steelbooks, then I think you can start to question why they aren't going the extra mile.

Best Buy doesn't mind selling cheap looking and inferior products and shipping them out in a manner in which they are damaged or shipping the amaray release when you clearly ordered and paid for the steelbook version.

Not everyone cares about quality and nice releases. Best Buy caters to those customers. You get what you pay for... ;)

Last edited:
Best Buy doesn't mind selling cheap looking and inferior products and shipping them out in a manner in which they are damaged or shipping the amaray release when you clearly ordered and payed for the steelbook version.

Not everyone cares about quality and nice releases. Best Buy caters to those customers. You get what you pay for... ;)

And that's why I choose in store pickups.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
Finally got round to opening this one tonight. All minty. I waited so long to open it because of how ugly it is, but it actually looks way better opened than sealed.

I picked up a few from this very uninspired wave. Mostly out of nesessity; Dr. Stranglove (For my Kubrick collection), Desperado (for my R.R. Collection, DRIVE because I actually like the way it looks. Too bad I couldn't find an acceptable Leon. Passed on the rest.

Finally got round to opening this one tonight. All minty. I waited so long to open it because of how ugly it is, but it actually looks way better opened than sealed.

I picked up a few from this very uninspired wave. Mostly out of nesessity; Dr. Stranglove (For my Kubrick collection), Desperado (for my R.R. Collection, DRIVE because I actually like the way it looks. Too bad I couldn't find an acceptable Leon. Passed on the rest.
I wish I could remember who gave it the moniker The 'Sh*t-stained underwear' Edition, cuz it made me laugh!!:LOL:
Still trying to source a Play or German edition. I had one(reasonably priced), but got cancelled on me. *sigh*:(