The rant/blurb thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
Exactlly what it says. Feel free to blow off some steam or just to comment about something other than tech (no politics).

Just watch the language....Alpha LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Cute-Chins-chinchilla-23987878-440-393.jpg

Reactions: Flash
Took another step towards my "happy future" i guess we can call it that. I´we been thinking about this sense i was a kid and now it could be realty :)

Step One: Get truck licence and all the certificates to go with it. CHECK :thumbs:

Step Two: Start looking for trucking jobs in Canada & US. CHECK :thumbs:

Step Three: Feel out the job market and my eligibility for the job market. WAITING RESPONSE :ohno:

Step Four: Get a job.

Step Five: Move there.

So that would be my simple 5 step plan for my future (in the next 1-2 years)

old post, but hey-ho ....

fyi there is no shortage of truck jobs in the US. And what certs you may get there won't transfer here anyways. All you have to do is get here, get your DL and then CDL and pass small trucking school here and you'll get a job easily.

Its the getting here that can be the hard part. Good luck!

• Thanks
Reactions: Asopp
old post, but hey-ho ....

fyi there is no shortage of truck jobs in the US. And what certs you may get there won't transfer here anyways. All you have to do is get here, get your DL and then CDL and pass small trucking school here and you'll get a job easily.

Its the getting here that can be the hard part. Good luck!

Yeah, i have noticed that US is pretty hard to get in to :D so i am focusing almost solely on Canada :thumbs: They seem to bee looking for people like me, well people with my background, elderly care/chef/trucker/under 40 ;) I check all those boxes, but this is still a few years away so anything can happen :cool:

And as for the certificates and licenses, yeah i would need to take some local exams but it will be a lot easier when i have those already on my back pocket to show that i can actually do the this i am saying :thumbs:

Reactions: Wreck
HOOOOOLY FUUUUUDGE!!!!!! I had a though week :pain: 6 days of 12-14hour days of non stop running against the clock :pain::pain: But still..... nothing that sauna and beer cant fix ;)

Waaah!! I never thought I'd ever say it but at the end of my 2nd week recovering from surgery I actually want to go back to work:oohyeah:
My PS4 has no sound and I'm stuck on the bed most of the day :sleep:
I've got to go back before Christmas though as all the presents I've bought my wife are on my desk :angel:

Why does the USPS chose now to lose a package?They just sent my Rogue One two area codes over.I can bet some loser is watching it tonight.No way they will recover it now and they will try and give me the run around to get my money back.FML.

Just a friendly reminder that if you have the flu, and go out in public, more than likely you will give it to someone else. Case in point: me. Started as an awful bronchial cough which has now elevated itself to full flu. I'm rocking temps over 102. Havent been sick in YEARS!! I mean...YEARS. I never go to the doctor, but went yesterday. Havent missed work for being sick in forever. I'm out a minimum of 5 days. I've had this now for 4 days and currently have a temp of 101.7. Really...If you are sick, keep your butt at home. If you have no respect for others, at least have respect for yourself and don't invite people to hate on you, even if they don't know who you are. I mean...you gotta be pretty freakin' heartless to be suffering like this, and go out in public. Your only excuse is if you are an utter moron. Sadly, tho, it's more than likely apathy toward others.

Love your fellow man...and don't spread desease.

That is all.

Just a friendly reminder that if you have the flu, and go out in public, more than likely you will give it to someone else. Case in point: me. Started as an awful bronchial cough which has now elevated itself to full flu. I'm rocking temps over 102. Havent been sick in YEARS!! I mean...YEARS. I never go to the doctor, but went yesterday. Havent missed work for being sick in forever. I'm out a minimum of 5 days. I've had this now for 4 days and currently have a temp of 101.7. Really...If you are sick, keep your butt at home. If you have no respect for others, at least have respect for yourself and don't invite people to hate on you, even if they don't know who you are. I mean...you gotta be pretty freakin' heartless to be suffering like this, and go out in public. Your only excuse is if you are an utter moron. Sadly, tho, it's more than likely apathy toward others.

Love your fellow man...and don't spread desease.

That is all.

That was me last year, ended up being confined at home and was out of work for a couple of weeks and then got a case of pneumonia to boot.

Hope you bounce back soon!

Sadly it does happen. I was in a cafe last February and this mother's little **** of a kid was coughing all around him and the git coughed right in my face. The mother tried to excuse his behavour by saying he was only a kid. I had a right go at her saying she could have kept him at home if he was that unwell and to think of the general public. 30 minutes after getting home I was knocked out of 6 for 3 weeks. No prizes for guessing how I got infected.... First bad flu I'd had in 20 years.

My pet hate number one is walking in a public park and suddenly I see 15 stone of dog all teeth bared hurtling towards me and I wonder what the hell is going on. and suddenly the bugger is all over you. The owner says it's only being friendly and I always say the same thing. "Keep your bloody dog on a lead". "If you can't control it , don't be letting it loose" I've had some right shouting matches over that one....

• Thanks
Reactions: vexred
Status
Not open for further replies.