The Ray Harryhausen Collection, Volume 1: 1955-1960 (Blu-ray+DVD Limited Edition) (Powerhouse Films) [UK]

Sep 11, 2011
Release date: September 25, 2017
Purchase link: Powerhouse - HMV - Zavvi - Amazon
Price: £42.99 (Powerhouse) - £44.99 (HMV) - £49.99 (Zavvi) - £55.50 (Amazon)
Notes: Limited to 6,000 copies

11514776-2114500064807710.jpg

71CLmplBK7L._SY445_.jpg
71kGKoM32bL._SY445_.jpg
71yR9jZlgsL._SY445_.jpg
11514776-9164500064869198.jpg
IT CAME FROM BENEATH THE SEA (Robert Gordon, 1955)
20 MILLION MILES TO EARTH (Nathan Juran, 1957)
THE 3 WORLDS OF GULLIVER (Jack Sher, 1960)

These spectacular films, each featuring pioneering special effects by filmmaking legend Ray Harryhausen, are presented on Blu-ray for the very first time in the UK. Containing a wealth of new and archival extras – including exclusive new interviews with director Joe Dante, SFX maestro Dennis Muren, and Aardman Animation co-founders David Sproxton and Peter Lord – this stunning Limited Dual Format Edition Box Set is strictly limited to 6,000 units.

INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES:

• HD restorations of It Came from Beneath the Sea and 20 Million Miles to Earth
• 4K restoration from the original camera negative of The 3 Worlds of Gulliver
• Original black and white and alternative, authorised colourised versions of It Came from Beneath the Sea and 20 Million Miles to Earth
• Mono and 5.1 surround sound audio options
It Came from Beneath the Sea and 20 Million Miles to Earth audio commentaries with Ray Harryhausen
• New interview with filmmaker Joe Dante
• New interview with SFX maestro Dennis Muren
• New interviews with Aardman Animation's David Sproxton, Peter Lord and Dave Alex Riddett
• Archival documentaries, interviews and featurettes
• Original trailers and promotional films
• Isolated score on The 3 Worlds of Gulliver by Bernard Herrmann
• Promotional and on-set photography, poster art and archive materials
• Box set exclusive 80-page book with new essays, and film credits
• UK premieres on Blu-ray
• Limited edition box set of 6,000 copies
Not sure if this has been posted but here goes. These movies are from a specific period in Harryhausen's life. I grew up watching these back in the 80s so great for those on a nostalgic trip back to their childhoods

Last edited by a moderator:
I had this on pre order but had to cancel 2 days ago due to low on funds and not paid again until 5th Oct
Lot of direct debits due on Monday 2 Oct

Soon as my wages are in my bank account on Thursday I will be ordering and this time keeping my order

I hope it don't go sold out with Amazon before Thursday

Box set looks great and will be cool to add the Sinbad Trilogy Box set I already have

I had this on pre order but had to cancel 2 days ago due to low on funds and not paid again until 5th Oct
Lot of direct debits due on Monday 2 Oct

Soon as my wages are in my bank account on Thursday I will be ordering and this time keeping my order

I hope it don't go sold out with Amazon before Thursday

Box set looks great and will be cool to add the Sinbad Trilogy Box set I already have
I think ot should be fine. Isn't Sinbad Trilogy still in stock and available?

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
I think ot should be fine. Isn't Sinbad Trilogy still in stock and available?
Yes but low on stock now some retailers no longer have stock left of the Sinbad Box set on their websites

The Ray Harryhausen Collection Vol 1 is selling well from what I can see so far and some retailers are already listing sold out
I expect though there should be no issues getting this for at least next 2 months but I might be wrong

Amazon UK have a limit of 5 in an order at the moment if you try to check what stock they have left

I will be getting this and I have Vol 2 on pre order

The Wonderful Worlds of Ray Harryhausen Vol 2 looks to be the best out of the 3 box sets and I expect will sell out the fastest of the 3 box sets

Last edited: