Release date: June 6, 2016
Purchase link: The Revenant
Price: £19.99

HMV Ireland
Price: €24.99

HDN Group Buy hosted by: Naughtius Maximus

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just paid GBP 17.99 for this from Xtra-vision UK with code XVMIDWEEK provided by @Mickle_89 with grateful thanks.

Only extras I can find so far on the upcoming disc = http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/revenant-world-unseen-video Approx. 44 minutes - documentary - A WORLD UNSEEN

SPOILER BOX, PLEASE, FOR THE REST. . . THANX

"The Revenant" - not come across this word before (should get out more!) - apparently comes from early 19th Cent. French "revenir" meaning "to return".
The filmmakers were so concerned that people would be put off by the title that they even put out a teaser poster featuring the dictionary definition of the word, as seen here:-
revenant_poster-xlarge-large_trans++rWYeUU_H0zBKyvljOo6zlkYMapKPjdhyLnv9ax6_too.jpg

(Problems associated with titles that not many know the meaning of (INCEPTION or SNECDOCHE, NEW YORK) have been blamed for the lack of success of these films and according to a Vanity Fair interview Morgan Freeman himself blamed the title THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION for the film's initial bombing at the box office - film earned about $16M on a $25M budget - but now some twenty years later it tops the IMDB top 250 cinema-favourites list with more than a million votes having passed the previous #1 THE GODFATHER by 300,000 votes (CITIZEN KANE is at #66).

Variations on the title have been used for a highly praised ghostly French TV series - LES REVENANTS.
Also, the name of the little boat in which the dead Rebecca is found in Daphne du Maurier's famous story REBECCA - first published in 1938 - with a filmed version in 1940 by none other than Alfred Hitchcock - is "JE REVIENS" or "I return" which is something she does indeed do . . . in a manner of speaking . . . as she haunts the book/film almost from the first page or frame to the last).

Last edited:
Hhhhmmmm.....just woke up to an email from xtra vision Uk saying my order has been cancelled. Any else with this? Also noticed that it along with batman v superman are no longer available to pre-order from their website anymore.

Hhhhmmmm.....just woke up to an email from xtra vision Uk saying my order has been cancelled. Any else with this? Also noticed that it along with batman v superman are no longer available to pre-order from their website anymore.
Same with me I just got email from HMV Ireland my order was cancelled
They might have not been supplied enough copies to meet the orders placed

The Revenant is listed as AWAITING STOCK

Batman v Superman is still listed as available to Pre Order on HMV Ireland and Xtra-vision Ireland
It's listed as Awaiting Stock on Xtra-vision UK though

Last edited:
I was always going to be getting the Film Arena version so I'm not that bothered that HMV cancelled my order saves me some money I suppose :rofl:

I actually cancelled my original HMV Ireland pre order did months ago last week and re ordered using the HMV discount code

Be interested to see if anyone who pre ordered a few months with no discount code used ago get their orders sent from HMV Ireland or Xtra-vision

Preordered without a discount code & had my order cancelled. Same with The Martian & Sicario when they were released. Typical of HMV Ireland, they list these things but end up getting no stock whatsoever. The Martian & Sicario are still listed as "Awaiting stock" months after release & have never actually been in stock.

Think I'm done ordering steelbooks from HMV Ireland, its not worth the hassle, I'll just order through the English store.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
None of the HMV stores in Ireland will have this in stock, they have their stock since yesterday and no stores received the Steelbook version nor do they know if they'll be stocking it at all.

Preordered without a discount code & had my order cancelled. Same with The Martian & Sicario when they were released. Typical of HMV Ireland, they list these things but end up getting no stock whatsoever. The Martian & Sicario are still listed as "Awaiting stock" months after release & have never actually been in stock.

Think I'm done ordering steelbooks from HMV Ireland, its not worth the hassle, I'll just order through the English store.
I got the Martian delivered from HMV Ireland I pre ordered it when it was first listed on their website so they 100% had that one in stock

Will be interesting to see if this edition is indeed spot glossed as per Scanavo or if they are puffing smoke from out of their poopers, I suspect the latter.

I have a feeling it will be that horrible metalic sheen on the ambers or something. Hope I'm wrong

• Thanks
Reactions: Blu-devil
Mine got Dispatched From Xtra-vision yesterday.

Dispatch Confirmation (Order: #58113)
A quick message to let you know that we've processed and dispatched your order.

Please note: if your order contained multiple items, these may be dispatched separately.

Delivery Summary
Order subset #1

The Revenant (hmv Exclusive)
Quantity: 1 Dispatched: 1 of 1
Shipping mode: Standard Delivery

I've been charged by HMV UK for this but haven't received my dispatch email yet, I was hoping to have this Saturday! Still a chance if its sent off tomorrow since Southpaw and Maze Runner were delivered the next day.

I avoided this movie at the cinema to watch it at home.

Edit: dispatched early this morning

Last edited:
I've got this on pre order in store which I'm picking up Monday, however I think Ill go for FAC when released so Ill be getting rid of this. Anyone PM if your interested, can ship worldwide :thumbs: