• Poll closed .

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: September 16, 2016
Purchase links: Lenti - Full Slip - Leather Slip - One Click - (Pre-order on August 5, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $41.99 (Full Slip - Lenti) - $46.99 (Leather Slip) - $129.97 (One Click)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv (July 24 at 4 PM & ends on July 28 4 PM - CST) - Details HERE

Note: WEA. SteelBook will be glossy with a debossed title. Full Slip will feature effects like hot stamping and embossing.

13879262_1115215458588561_4060771494795804621_n.jpg 13872888_1115215461921894_6206329115611281653_n.jpg 13782142_1115215498588557_6209990557357345205_n.jpg 13882424_1115215465255227_2372774172179960357_n.jpg

Group Buy Live Time - Manta Lab Pre-order Time

13814405_10154418118606789_1958081194_n.png.jpeg 13710020_1110687725708001_4535818257980011083_n.png

Print Run (Total 4000, Both Domestic and International):
- Leather Slips, 1000 Copies
- Full Slips, 500 Copies
- Lenticular Slips, 400 Copies
- One Click Numbered 1 to 700 (Limited to 1 Copy)
Goodies: Booklet, Postcards (5ea), Character Cards (5ea), Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker (Faux Leather with Pyrography), Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker (Loose)
Actual pics of the leather slip can be seen HERE
13007384_1059772064132901_9094109559658413561_n.jpg
View attachment 249933
13580434_1102769339833173_4715554341086492000_o.jpg
Revenant_LS_Lenti_1024x1024.gif

Last edited:
@BluSteel2012 if this was your only copy I don't think you be very impressed at all. The 2mm misalignment makes all the difference so the spine of the steel look ugly. If the 2mm was cut short and was actually lined up with the edge so the lenti was actually 2mm less then the steel it would look much better. It just doesn't look good at all. If we traded this or sell to a fellow collector I don't think they be very impressed at all.
So no scavenger prices for these slip editions ;)

I'd like to see a pic of the ones that are overhanging by 2mm.

I don't know how having a slightly overhanging lenticular makes the spine look ugly, is the lenticular bent over the face of the o ring spine? You could always just turn it around the other way on the shelf.

When people scrutinize the so-called cheap Zavvi Steels and demand part refund or replacement no matter how miniscule the imperfection is, I think buyers are entitled to do the same with premium retailers as well considering the hefty price they pay. Maybe people wouldn't bother when they pay a lower price.
I think I'm just very tolerant. The item would have to be actually damaged before I'd consider doing anything. Otherwise it wouldn't be a problem personally.

I think I'm just very tolerant. The item would have to be actually damaged before I'd consider doing anything. Otherwise it wouldn't be a problem personally.
Everyone is different, myself I am annoyed with any imperfection when you are paying top prices. Others don't mind so much, each to their own. I don't see a problem with people bringing this to Manta's attention though. It's all feedback which can only help them with future releases.

Not everyone are as nice as you mate. I had 2 copies of the same item. On one copy, 5 mm of the slip cover on the bottom was protruding a wee bit. That one sold for £10 less than the other just because of this tiny imperfection. So in a premium product, every tiny imperfection will either turn off serious collectors or will end up going for a lesser price. So it is better to make the best of out it if you plan to sell these in future. I know people where they withdrew their offer at the last minute because the sticker was not aligned properly.

Everyone is different, myself I am annoyed with any imperfection when you are paying top prices. Others don't mind so much, each to their own. I don't see a problem with people bringing this to Manta's attention though. It's all feedback which can only help them with future releases.

Totally agree. It's all feedback at the end of the day to improve their products and service to collectors. Here's some of the response I've had from Mantalab:

We are sorry for the misalignment. We will instruct our package staffs to pay more attention to the attachment next time. If our customer raises an issue, it's worth putting our attention to for our next releases. We will make sure we improve with our production side to have cleaner look for our slips.

It appears they will make sure to improve their production side. That's nice to know and we can look forward to their next releases hopefully without the same issue.

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill and lgans316
Totally agree. It's all feedback at the end of the day to improve their products and service to collectors. Here's some of the response I've had from Mantalab:

We are sorry for the misalignment. We will instruct our package staffs to pay more attention to the attachment next time. If our customer raises an issue, it's worth putting our attention to for our next releases. We will make sure we improve with our production side to have cleaner look for our slips.

It appears they will make sure to improve their production side. That's nice to know and we can look forward to their next releases hopefully without the same issue.
So did they use a different bunch of 'lenti attachers' this time compared to Man Of Steel and Deadpool?

I guess that's what happens when you increase the print run AFTER the GB's! :p

So did they use a different bunch of 'lenti attachers' this time compared to Man Of Steel and Deadpool?

You referring to Lenti magnets? No, this is properly glued on! You can also see a very thin tear between the Lenti and the spine of the slip all the way down vertically due to the misalignment. At first I didn't really notice it as it was poly bagged up and just opened the FS and taking some pics of the Leather for comparison. I saw the front Lenti looked all mint. Didn't really notice it until someone mentioned the issue here first and now I can totally understand why it doesn't look great. A replacement Lenti won't solve the issue for the 'sealed' type OCD collectors. If I had known about this I would had definately opened my Lenti instead and use the replacement and kept my FS sealed. Rather than returning the steel for replacement it be much cheaper for Manta to stick a lenti slip in our next order to combine the shipping cost as they weight is very minimal. I'm sure they got plenty spare lying around.

You referring to Lenti magnets? No, this is properly glued on! You can also see a very thin tear between the Lenti and the spine of the slip all the way down vertically due to the misalignment. At first I didn't really notice it as it was poly bagged up and just opened the FS and taking some pics of the Leather for comparison. I saw the front Lenti looked all mint. Didn't really notice it until someone mentioned the issue here first and now I can totally understand why it doesn't look great. A replacement Lenti won't solve the issue for the 'sealed' type OCD collectors. If I had known about this I would had definately opened my Lenti instead and use the replacement and kept my FS sealed. Rather than returning the steel for replacement it be much cheaper for Manta to stick a lenti slip in our next order to combine the shipping cost as they weight is very minimal. I'm sure they got plenty spare lying around.
I forgot Deadpool was a magnet (no lenti fullslip) but MOS had one.

So it's not like it was their first time. Surely it should be the same aligning process each time?

I am not one of those prolific scalpers lol and I don't care what anyone thinks of me. If I cared, I would have been long gone from the forums. Ultimately when lot of money is being spent, buyers have the right to remain less tolerant towards imperfections.
Sorry, that wasn't aimed at you or anyone in particular.

Reactions: lgans316
From Manta...

"Thanks for the reply.

We will ship out the replacement slip to your location as soon as possible. We will need to contact the warehouse for the replacement.

It should be dispatched in few business days."

Happy enough!

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry
If this is a manufacturing error then won't it more than likely be on all slips?

Also, what happens with the number on the replacement slips that Manta and Nova supply, are they just blank?

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry