• Poll closed .

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: September 16, 2016
Purchase links: Lenti - Full Slip - Leather Slip - One Click - (Pre-order on August 5, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $41.99 (Full Slip - Lenti) - $46.99 (Leather Slip) - $129.97 (One Click)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv (July 24 at 4 PM & ends on July 28 4 PM - CST) - Details HERE

Note: WEA. SteelBook will be glossy with a debossed title. Full Slip will feature effects like hot stamping and embossing.

13879262_1115215458588561_4060771494795804621_n.jpg 13872888_1115215461921894_6206329115611281653_n.jpg 13782142_1115215498588557_6209990557357345205_n.jpg 13882424_1115215465255227_2372774172179960357_n.jpg

Group Buy Live Time - Manta Lab Pre-order Time

13814405_10154418118606789_1958081194_n.png.jpeg 13710020_1110687725708001_4535818257980011083_n.png

Print Run (Total 4000, Both Domestic and International):
- Leather Slips, 1000 Copies
- Full Slips, 500 Copies
- Lenticular Slips, 400 Copies
- One Click Numbered 1 to 700 (Limited to 1 Copy)
Goodies: Booklet, Postcards (5ea), Character Cards (5ea), Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker (Faux Leather with Pyrography), Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker (Loose)
Actual pics of the leather slip can be seen HERE
13007384_1059772064132901_9094109559658413561_n.jpg
View attachment 249933
13580434_1102769339833173_4715554341086492000_o.jpg
Revenant_LS_Lenti_1024x1024.gif

Last edited:

The Revanent with Leather slipcase

Received my first edition made by Manta Lab; The Revanent with Leather slipcase. I had to buy it on E-bay for £49 + 4.50 shipping, did I pay too much do you think ?

WHAT A BEAUTY !

The unique artwork, quality finish and the thought that has been put into the design of this edition for the collector,

A new rival for Plain Archive maybe ?

The Revanent with Leather slipcase

Received my first edition made by Manta Lab; The Revanent with Leather slipcase. I had to buy it on E-bay for £49 + 4.50 shipping, did I pay too much do you think ?

WHAT A BEAUTY !

The unique artwork, quality finish and the thought that has been put into the design of this edition for the collector,

A new rival for Plain Archive maybe ?

Thats not bad at all. I've seen some go for around £65-£75. Although thats assuming they were all genuine bids.

I think If I paid nearer £50 for mine I'd still be happy. Its really is an awesome edition.

Thats not bad at all. I've seen some go for around £65-£75. Although thats assuming they were all genuine bids.

I think If I paid nearer £50 for mine I'd still be happy. Its really is an awesome edition.

The value of this has plummeted thanks to the high print run and the fact that Manta keeps putting thia back on their site and the obvious factor, the weak £.

Leather slip selling for £43 plus postage. There are some.auctions based in.eBay Germany that ends high but I suspect shill bidding. Yesterday evening the Full Slip ended at £28 plus postage. This is lower than what you pay to Manta direct. Also the disc being Region A doesn't help the collectors in UK and EU who already pay high prices thanks to customs.

The value of this has plummeted thanks to the high print run and the fact that Manta keeps putting thia back on their site and the obvious factor, the weak £.

Leather slip selling for £43 plus postage. There are some.auctions based in.eBay Germany that ends high but I suspect shill bidding. Yesterday evening the Full Slip ended at £28 plus postage. This is lower than what you pay to Manta direct. Also the disc being Region A doesn't help the collectors in UK and EU who already pay high prices thanks to customs.

I noticed a few of the Full and Lenti slips going for around the £30 mark.

I´ve already sent 3 e-mails to [email protected] but they are ignoring them. No answer or anything.

To be honest, i'm surprised. I really had a good feeling about MantaLab after reading how engaged they are, how they listen to their customers.

I just want a replacement for my damaged Full Slip, but unfortunately I have no luck. I'm really busy sometimes and i'm feeling exhausted if I have to run after each.

BIG EDIT://

Never mind, just checked my e-mails again, received an answer two days ago. I feel horrible right now. For my defense, for some reason it was in the spam folder. :D

The value of this has completely plummeted. Manta produce some of the best steelbooks yet half or most of them don't really maintain their value. Reason why is the market is completely overloaded with the same movies. eBay is the place to get better deals than ordering direct. I mean £30 for a FS lol. For those that hyped the Manta deadpool that it would go up in value, well this is already dropping in value as I predicted. When the FAC releases there be nearly every retailer wants a stab at the market. Why buy on release date these days...

One clicks are now becoming the worst investment ever. Oh no I should just be opening every single one and not caring about the value right?

Last edited:
It's certainly beats fretting every time the price of a particular release dips on eBay. ;)

Thinking a little more in depth this is beginning to become a repeat of 2013-2014 Asian meltdown when nearly all the Asian steels dropped to peanuts. And when they did all these funny premium slips you see reinstated the premium market again. Now too many retailers want a piece of the market and here we seeing the meltdown starting again and a repeat of 2013-2014. It's not just one release. Most of the Asian steels you struggle to get the retail price back. Useful information. Of course if you don't care about value of any steels disregard what I say, not like I care at all.

Reactions: lgans316
Thinking a little more in depth this is beginning to become a repeat of 2013-2014 Asian meltdown when nearly all the Asian steels dropped to peanuts. And when they did all these funny premium slips you see reinstated the premium market again. Now too many retailers want a piece of the market and here we seeing the meltdown starting again and a repeat of 2013-2014. It's not just one release. Most of the Asian steels you struggle to get the retail price back. Useful information. Of course if you don't care about value of any steels disregard what I say, not like I care at all.

For people who do care about the value, good points and all facts, no BS and no hyping. I am sure for every outbound collector there is another inbound collector. The show must go on and things will change inevitably.

Also the weak pound which has depreciated by nearly 20% against USD / EUR is really hurting us and some hardcore long term collectors whom I know have stopped importing and are trying to get from eBay or forums.

With 4K in the mix, we can expect some more re-releases.

I dont know, I think there are always people who start collecting after lines from retailers are so far gone, like the Nova Choice/Exclusive lines from Nova Media and the Filmarena Collection. Some people have to complete the whole line and who knows, 2 years down the line when these people do get into this then these releases would be harder to obtain and have went up in value. The Manta releases are not really that old are they and are pretty widely available, I bet the same thing happened with the Nova Choice Winter Soldier when it came out, it probably wasn't selling for as high as it does now and now its considered a grail (not sure if that was the case as I didn't collect Asian premium releases back then).

Every company releasing the same movies doesn't help things, especially when some companies use the same artworks for their packages.I think from now on i'm generally going to be a complete collector of all things Manta lab and Nova Media. KimchiDVD is abit hit and miss at times, HDZeta have good releases but take forever to put them out and FAC have way too many releases to keep up with.