The Rocketeer (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive Lenticular Edition) [UK]

Mar 7, 2014
Tatooine
Release date: November 28th , 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £17.99

11369739-3574436649145740.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I think £25 (with no discount code) is a bit too much for any new Disney re-release for double dippers. If you don't have the original it makes much more sense financially as this is the target audience from Disney and Zavvi - new collectors.

Only reason I bought the Rocketeer when I sold my original was more for curiosity as it was a decent price. Quite a lot of the Disneys I already have so for me I don't really see the point of taking a stab at the pre-orders for £25. I am willing to risk for them to go OOS and take the price drop to double dip.

So exact same steel but with lenti slapped on the front...right? Looks like nothing else is different comparing it to pics from the original Rocketeer thread.

I've already ordered this, but the smaller size lenti with the border is somewhat unnecessary. I think it looks fine without it.

I expected them to make a lenti with the same size image as the SteelBook, but they had to shrink it and put another border on it. Looks a little ridiculous.

Is this missing the embossed title?

If so I'm even more happy with my original

Lol just noticed the double border on the lenti lol fail

If I can remember from the original, it is pretty much the same with the upgraded slip and Lenti. Still for its price its decent. Anyone how missed out this be a good alternative.

In honesty this one is a decent price so like sunny has said if you missed out on the original it's decent

But this one is missing the embossed title which is lovely on the original. I'll take that over a dodgy lenti. Which is weird considering the marvel lenti wave are embossed minus antman

Makes me wonder will the rest of these be flat. I'm only interested in monsters inc but I do like the embossed title on the original. But the back is better and different (just as good) inside art.

I'll take my chances on that release but not bothered about the rest after seeing this

Couldn't give a sh*t about jcard slips, they all go in a box never to be seen again

In honesty this one is a decent price so like sunny has said if you missed out on the original it's decent

But this one is missing the embossed title which is lovely on the original. I'll take that over a dodgy lenti. Which is weird considering the marvel lenti wave are embossed minus antman

Makes me wonder will the rest of these be flat. I'm only interested in monsters inc but I do like the embossed title on the original. But the back is better and different (just as good) inside art.

I'll take my chances on that release but not bothered about the rest after seeing this

Couldn't give a sh*t about jcard slips, they all go in a box never to be seen again

I think the rest of the Lenti's will be pretty much the same. This is not a premium steel so Disney are never going to spend ages making the best Lenti on par with Bufans/Kimchi etc. As I said before these are more marketed for Family type audience, new collectors or ones that missed out that are not going to break down every single angle of the steel.

That is what premium steels are there for where you pay £40-£50 each and marketed for proper collectors, NOT casual type collectors.

Overall, for the price it does the job for the Targeted Audience.

I think the rest of the Lenti's will be pretty much the same. This is not a premium steel so Disney are never going to spend ages making the best Lenti on par with Bufans/Kimchi etc. As I said before these are more marketed for Family type audience, new collectors or ones that missed out that are not going to break down every single angle of the steel.

That is what premium steels are there for where you pay £40-£50 each and marketed for proper collectors, NOT casual type collectors.

Overall, for the price it does the job for the Targeted Audience.

It's not even got anything to do with premiums. Disney are for some reason extremely bad with us for lenti magnets

Now I've seen the hulks, Spider-Man's (Hmv versions) and Star Trek beyond there is no excuse why they can't make a decent lenti magnet. Even ammrays in the uk get better lentis (been going on for years) than the Disney/marvel wave.
Not to mention the lenti slips from US and Canada which I own quite a few of, they are up there with novas. It's shocking the U.K. Get snubbed

No excuse and no reason to bring up premiums releases for £40/£50

No argument at all

And they are marketed for us. Lol they know steel collectors will buy re releases. Believe me the head honchos at Disney are not sitting there going, "OK we need to re releases these because so many missed out before" lol don't kid yourself sunny
They are rubbing their hands together saying "what can we get them to buy again". Lol

Reactions: howarmat
It's not even got anything to do with premiums. Disney are for some reason extremely bad with us for lenti magnets

Now I've seen the hulks, Spider-Man's (Hmv versions) and Star Trek beyond there is no excuse why they can't make a decent lenti magnet. Even ammrays in the uk get better lentis than the Disney/marvel wave.

No excuse and no reason to bring up premiums releases for £40/£50

No argument at all

Because I know how extremely fussy you are with Lenti's and that is why I brought up Premium steels. Standard Lenti non premium are pretty much going to be the same quality. Of course you got the odd few here and there that are going to be better than each other exactly same as some steels are better than others.

You can keep tearing apart every single UK lenti release but it goes back to the Targated Audience. Most are not going to really care about the quality.

Because I know how extremely fussy you are with Lenti's and that is why I brought up Premium steels. Standard Leni non premium are pretty much going to be the same quality. Of course you got the odd few here and there that are going to be better than each other exactly same as some steels are better than others.

You can keep tearing apart every single UK lenti release but it goes back to the Targated Audience. Most are not going to really care about the quality.

I'm fussy because I'm a fan of lentis and I've seen what the uk can do for lenti magnets for the same price or cheaper. That's all.

Especially the most recent ones that have nothing to do with disney

i'm very happy with this one and since didn't get the original release can't complain.

This one is a good substitute for any who missed out on the original. And the price is better than the current wave.

I fear the others will be worse though especially at a higher price regardless of 3D discs

I'm fussy because I'm a fan of lentis and I've seen what the uk can do for lenti magnets for the same price or cheaper. That's all.

Especially the most recent ones that have nothing to do with disney

I can understand where you are coming from. Its the same for steelbooks, I would feel a bit cheated when I paid £20 for a poorly done steelbook when I seen £10 do better. There is always potential to do better. I think Toy Story looks pretty much of the same quality of Rocketeer.

I might close my eyes when I see your reply lol.

Reactions: Flloydo