The Rocketeer (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive Lenticular Edition) [UK]

Mar 7, 2014
Tatooine
Release date: November 28th , 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £17.99

11369739-3574436649145740.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can understand where you are coming from. Its the same for steelbooks, I would feel a bit cheated when I paid £20 for a poorly done steelbook when I seen £10 do better. There is always potential to do better. I think Toy Story looks pretty much of the same quality of Rocketeer.

I might close my eyes when I see your reply lol.

I agree

Someone needs to open this one up to see whether it's a repressing...I.e. same Steel as the original + lenti

I took some pics and posted on the previous page but I dont have the original to confirm if it is 100% the same. But from the feel and looks if I can remember, its more or less original steel.

Reactions: HUBMUSWELL
988862P1030946Copier.jpg
img_9510-jpg.279165

Looks the same, old vs. new?

Right, what I can see is this.

The ORIGINAL Title is thicker, slightly bigger, and embossed. The RE-RELEASE does not have embossing. I guess that as this comes with a Lenti there was no need to really add the embossing.

The colours on the RE-RELEASE is actually more brighter with the Rocketeer himself. The helmet and his gold metal glove shines out in the light a lot more. His orange jacket is slightly more brighter.

So in otherwords, the original has the embossed bigger title, the re-release has brighter colours for the Rocketeer himself (+ the Lenti and different 1/4 slip).

Reactions: HUBMUSWELL
Right that's me being Rocketeered today.

Summary if you don't want to read loads of posts.

It's pretty much the same as the original steel but you get a lenti magnet and a different matching slip.

Original vs New.
If you missed out and dont wanna pay loads, get the NEW one.
I don't recommend paying for the ORIGINAL as there simply isn't anything different to spend double the price on.
Original is fine and not really worth double dipping unless you just want to have a new Lenti wave.
However if you do double dip it is at fair price with discount code.

Hope this all helps, and I'm out of this thread.

Peace!!

not digging that double border design (one on the steelbook + one on the lenticular card).
It would have been better without the border on the lenti...
img_9507-jpg.279162

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
not digging that double border design (one on the steelbook + one on the lenticular card).
It would have been better without the border on the lenti...
img_9507-jpg.279162

I can't work out the double border logic...Someone messed up with the lenti artwork I'm guessing

these half assed lenticulars are pretty bad and has me wanting to hold off and see live ones of other releases. Like mentioned some of the normal releases in the US have far better lenticulars than these. Both the hulk releases were fantastic. Full size and great quality i thought. These that only cover a portion of the steel are really lazy pieces of of a turd in comparison.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
happy days. :) always loved this film, and in the shamefaced group who missed it the first time around. :sorry:

thanks to @sunnyx @HUBMUSWELL @PHD for the pics. since a lot of people have mentioned it, and if anyone's still undecided, this is what the lenti looks like. fairly basic, but the art-deco-ish diagonals work well.

Jennifer Connelly, Timothy Dalton at his moustache-twirling best, and a real Saturday-afternoon classic. sure, its not a premium release, but i love this film. let's do this!
bqSX4v7.gif

I'm still so torn about this.

The Steelbook is nice, but I hate the film.
I love the concept, but I hate the execution.
It just always felt like this movie deserved to be better than what it actually was.... and that's a shame. :/