The Rocketeer (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive Lenticular Edition) [UK]

Mar 7, 2014
Tatooine
Release date: November 28th , 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £17.99

11369739-3574436649145740.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They seriously didnt take the art to the edge this time again? Like really?

Well it looks like a few disneys are getting pretty much the exact print as well, Snow White, Monsters Inc. if you have the original it's not worth double dippping unless you want the 3D from the original.

I'm still so torn about this.

The Steelbook is nice, but I hate the film.
I love the concept, but I hate the execution.
It just always felt like this movie deserved to be better than what it actually was.... and that's a shame. :/

Not really sure what you mean here lol.

You are torn about getting this but you hate the movie? Simple solution: only buy movies you like!

• Thanks
Reactions: milky
fun factoid: old buyer had to agree to the starship trooper steel art to get his way on this art for Rocketeer. It was going to be the other photoshop front.

• Thanks
Reactions: jitstark
I'm still so torn about this.

The Steelbook is nice, but I hate the film.
I love the concept, but I hate the execution.
It just always felt like this movie deserved to be better than what it actually was.... and that's a shame. :/

This was one of my favorite films of 1991. I loved it! Felt like Indiana Jones meets Superman. In some way. :D

This and of course The Shadow with Alec Baldwin. Wish they could release a steel for this. @Wreck you haven't heard anything in the grapevine, have you?

• Thanks
Reactions: UpsetSmiley
Blah. I guess its good for anyone that missed the original. There is no point in collecting steelbooks anymore imo,

The best limited edition steelbooks around in my opinion are Asian steelbooks from China - HDZeta and Korea - Kimchi, Manta Lab and Plain Archive.

fun factoid: old buyer had to agree to the starship trooper steel art to get his way on this art for Rocketeer. It was going to be the other photoshop front.

I love the starship troopers steel art. It's nothing amazing but it does it for me for some reason
And I love the debossed title

Got this today. Pretty nice lenticular image. It lines up well with the design of the surrounding steelbook. All region play according to the J-Card. I already own the previous steelbook release so I'm not planning on opening this one. I was on the fence about this. Glad I got it. I

I beg for this movie and pulled the trigger on the steel IMMEDIATELY!!!! It came today and I'm just a giddy old dude. Can't wait to watch it again. So much fun.

Now will someone PLEASE do Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid?

Received my copy yesterday, for someone who missed out on the original release I'm very happy with it!

Descent packaging from Zavvi this time too, from UK to California, no dents!