Dec 30, 2011
Up North Canada
Release date: March 13, 2017
Purchase link: FilmArena
Price: 999 CZK
HDN Group Buy: hosted by carllenc

15440512_1374540522578643_7361850964167799918_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate myself for saying this but I'm going to pass on this and the Huntsman I don't want to fall into the trap of feeling I have to buy all the BB, need to be buying more savvy next year, as its been an expensive year for collectors.
I'm the same mate, passed on Hitman and will pass on huntsman. Gone in for this though. But like you, going to be a bit more selective from now on. I've even passed on a few FACs recently! Which is very unlike me!

I'm the same mate, passed on Hitman and will pass on huntsman. Gone in for this though. But like you, going to be a bit more selective from now on. I've even passed on a few FACs recently! Which is very unlike me!
I actually went for the Hitman one as to be honest it was a guilty pleasure of a film for me, but I haven't been able to say no to any FAC's yet, luckily they all have been titles I liked.

• Thanks
Reactions: Steelselecta
I think I'll pass on this altogether. I intended to make this my first Black Barons edition, but the art on the slip cover is nothing special and the bonus items are a joke. I wouldn't care about the latter anyway, but what really brought me to this decision is the steelbook itself. I had it in hand yesterday and was shocked how little it has in common with the promo pic, colorwise. It's not even close to what we see in the pictures above. The colors are much more muted and less vibrant. For example the red in the title looks like coagulated blood in reality, and the whole steelbook has greenish tint to it. The water is much darker and the main character's skin color looks completely off. Also, the whole motive looks kinda blurry. Of course I could only judge the sealed product in store, but I highly doubt it will look a whole lot better without the shrink wrap. Live pics of the solo steelbook seem to prove my observations.

It's a shame. I'm aware the product pictures tend to make the product look more vibrant, sharp, just better -- they're computer generated images after all. But in most cases it's in reasonable limits. This steelbook is one of those which don't fit the advertising image at all, at least not in my eyes. Additionally, charging 21,99€ is just insane. At 16,99€ I might have considered buying it despite its obvious shortcomings. I think I'll amay for the standard Amaray release for much less at a later time. The only thing I'm going to miss from this steelbook is the really cool J-Card with a shark cutout on the front wrapper.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Radagast
Hitman ist the weakest release from BB yet. Nothing special for me. But i really like the other ones. So i am pleased to this point with their releases.

Booklet doesn't save this. If companies want more money for extra's on a WWA steel, they better be good extra's IE all those art cards HAD to be Blake. Nothing else is even remotely acceptable, its HER film! seriously p*ss poor effort for what could have been a spectacular package! SHAME on those that bought this, as all that says is we'll buy anything, so they don't have to even try!

Booklet doesn't save this. If companies want more money for extra's on a WWA steel, they better be good extra's IE all those art cards HAD to be Blake. Nothing else is even remotely acceptable, its HER film! seriously p*ss poor effort for what could have been a spectacular package! SHAME on those that bought this, as all that says is we'll buy anything, so they don't have to even try!

I'm sorry that I bought it. I hope you won't stay mad at me for long. :(

How shallow of people to want this release to be all about Blake Lively. I thank Black Barrons, those terrific sons of beaches, for giving us the postcards. There can be such a thing as too much Blake Lively, you know.:rolleyes:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: aj101097
I went on my wife's Facebook to again express my dissatisfaction with the cards and also the mediocre slip. I was respectful but I also let them know I was unhappy and others were too and that it sucked that they never even made any comments about the customer dissatisfaction with this release.

Hours later they had deleted my post and blocked me from posting on their page.

I have no respect for them now because of that. There was nothing wrong with what I wrote other than they didn't like it and they didn't want others to see it. I hope I don't have to buy anything else they ever make.

Almost everything about this looks great except for the back of the slip where there's nothing but the surf. I mean they did the same exact thing on the Jaws steelbook. Actually that image in the open book in the mockup would have been a better choice for the back but oh well still glad I'm adding this to my collection. I even like the art cards, nice touch but there's one or two that are of the mountain. The mountain is a background shot, why not any of Blake go figure? Still there nice in there own way, I just would have done it a little differently is all.

• Thanks
Reactions: Radagast
I went on my wife's Facebook to again express my dissatisfaction with the cards and also the mediocre slip. I was respectful but I also let them know I was unhappy and others were too and that it sucked that they never even made any comments about the customer dissatisfaction with this release.

Hours later they had deleted my post and blocked me from posting on their page.

I have no respect for them now because of that. There was nothing wrong with what I wrote other than they didn't like it and they didn't want others to see it. I hope I don't have to buy anything else they ever make.

They deleted your post?? Serious lack of respect for constructive criticism doesn't bode well for the future....