The Shape of Water (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #102) [Czech Republic]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: June 27, 2018
Purchase links: Blu-ray - 4K - FAC (Pre-order June 11)
Price: 599 CZK (Blu-ray) - 999 CZK (4K) - 1099 CZK (FAC)

31056847_1808103375973297_1004187594600218624_o.jpg

film_24108_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
FAC - £42 - £45
HMV UK - £25

FAC, If you compare without shipping, will be around ~35 I guess, which is not so big difference now isn´t it? :p

Didn't like this movie, and I'm really upset it won Best Picture...but I'll probably pick this up anyway. As long as it's not ONLY 4K. I don't want to spend extra money for something I can't use.

I would never buy film I don´t like in premium, nor even a single steelbook :bored:

Slip looks nice, and I like the movie - I love Del Toro´s work, his movies are perfectly done, joy to watch, he is master in his field - and this is no exception, such a beautiful movie, but I have only slight problem with the story as a whole, it´s too simple....but, like I said, the form is brilliant :cigar::drool:

But please, NO holofoil :ohno::ohno:

• Thanks
Reactions: milky
Eh- love this movie to death, but I'm kind of tired of seeing that front over artwork on posters.
Fullslips tend to scratch steelbooks in my experience- so I try to stay away from them unless I'm REALLY moved by the artwork.

only czech subs??

This is what stops me from getting a copy... I mean, being a collector, I might never open it but still...
Anyway I know I'll end getting a copy, it would just be useful to know whether other companies like Blufans, Manta Lab, ecc. are planning on releasing it...

only czech subs??

This is what stops me from getting a copy... I mean, being a collector, I might never open it but still...
Anyway I know I'll end getting a copy, it would just be useful to know whether other companies like Blufans, Manta Lab, ecc. are planning on releasing it...

Relax guys, release date is almost 4 months far away, nobody knows subtitles presents on discs yet, it´s only certain that CZ subs will be present for sure as it is Czech release, so they put it to specifications on website

So likely everything will be the same in each set but one will be just standard bd and the other one 4K? Thanks.

Yea I guess procedure will be same as with latest Kingsman, Orient Express or American Made, means you can choose If you want 4K disc present or not, and the price difference will be 399CZK (likely it will be 899 for non-UHD and 1299 with UHD)....but that´s just my guess, you never know what FA come up with :LOL:

By the way, I was laughing when they announced this release just few hours after Oscars :LOL: ....I give you a question, who is the most greedy retailer on market? :hilarious:

Reactions: Veronica Mars
Even though the steelbook is WWA (a great steel anyway), this release looks simply fantastic! Might be my first FA release in months if I make it to the GB.

And congrats to GDT for the win. :notworthy:

Yes, OK, with 4 Oscars under its belt maybe it's understandable but it could be argued that Mr. del Toro's name nine times on this poster is a bit naff:-
upload_2018-3-7_0-34-19.png

Not much in the way of artwork variety for the slips . . . and this one, along with the steelbook art, is easily the most common design for the film.
This slip art will in fact be seen on the majority of Amaray releases worldwide . . . sure glad they didn't go with it for the steelbook as in the original mock-up!
196739_large.jpg

These more unusual designs possibly more interesting for slip artwork:-
the-shape-of-water_poster_goldposter_com_15.jpg
the-shape-of-water_poster_goldposter_com_25.jpg
the-shape-of-water_poster_goldposter_com_19.jpg

FAC, If you compare without shipping, will be around ~35 I guess, which is not so big difference now isn´t it? :p

I would never buy film I don´t like in premium, nor even a single steelbook :bored:

Slip looks nice, and I like the movie - I love Del Toro´s work, his movies are perfectly done, joy to watch, he is master in his field - and this is no exception, such a beautiful movie, but I have only slight problem with the story as a whole, it´s too simple....but, like I said, the form is brilliant :cigar::drool:

But please, NO holofoil :ohno::ohno:

I don't think FA ever used holofoil

Is there a group buy for this? And is there a set group buy shipping price for us?
Hi @blakxzep, a group buy will be announced and opened closer to release date, so please keep an eye on this thread and/or feel free to subscribe to it (select "Watch Thread" above the OP) for immediate updates.

As for shipping prices, here's what @carllenc (the FAC GB host) usually charges...

Europe:
1 FAC (1000g) 1st class recorded delivery - 360 CZK
2 to 4 FACs (or 1x HardBox + 1x FAC) (2000g) 1st class recorded delivery - 530 CZK

Rest of the world:

1 FAC (1000g) 1st class recorded delivery - 460 CZK
2 to 4 FACs (or 1x HardBox + 1x FAC) (2000g) 1st class recorded delivery - 710 CZK

If there are bonus items (keychains, dogtags etc.) these rates wont apply.