Purchase links: HMV - Amazon - Zavvi
Price: £17.99

91V7JC9M0aL._SL1500_.jpg

91znrh1MxYL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very close to been the same as previous UK steelbook
No title this time on front artwork

I assume does not include DVD's compared to previous steelbook

Hmm yeah, the artwork is too similar to the previous UK steelbook (although the image looks sharper here and is scaled much better), and the lack of a title looks odd.

An unnecessary release IMO... the old Canadian/US one remains my favourite.

Surprise surprise, another re release of a movie that’s already had the steel treatment and has released a near identical version.

This movie is an all time classic and deserves to be released in a very special premium with a WEA steel. But you just know the likes of FA and maybe others, are going to cash in on it and tart it up, and it will sell, but I would prefer an ultimate edition of this really.

Another steel I wont be duped with until it gets the treatment it deserves.

Oh yeah, at best this will be flat and matte with maybe some spot glossing. Sigh.....

• Thanks
Reactions: Basil and milky
Surprise surprise, another re release of a movie that’s already had the steel treatment and has released a near identical version.

This movie is an all time classic and deserves to be released in a very special premium with a WEA steel. But you just know the likes of FA and maybe others, are going to cash in on it and tart it up, and it will sell, but I would prefer an ultimate edition of this really.

Another steel I wont be duped with until it gets the treatment it deserves.

Oh yeah, at best this will be flat and matte with maybe some spot glossing. Sigh.....
FA announced they were doing this 2 years ago....along with like 5 other titles they have ignored.

Whatever price Zavvi puts on this steelbook it sure ain't gonna be 25 quid . . . most likely the new 'right price' of £17.99?
As for the Amazon price of £25 for a 1-disc release: "not impressed" best sums it up.

Clearly ITV Studios don't believe in their steelbook releases having anything in common style-wise but that's cool … not as if the films have much in common either and anyway their steelbooks are quality… and, yes, really nice steelbook the first one from six years ago but would've been even nicer to have some different art here - at least on the front … and definitely inside (lol):-
1532485653049.png
1532486479301.png
1532486727280.png
/
1532490399353.png

As for the inside artwork: what about two of the poster babes … instead of this … ? After all, the book was entitled "Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption"...
1532490816957.png

OK, Raquel should be all technicolour … and that famous fur lined deer skin bikini is just so iconic … but still reminds me of the equally iconic fur lined teacup aka 'Object in Fur' (1936):-
1532489143640.png
1532488363363.png
1532487435561.png

Reactions: Suspi and robbodoc
Whatever price Zavvi puts on this steelbook it sure ain't gonna be 25 quid . . . most likely the new 'right price' of £17.99?
As for the Amazon price of £25 for a 1-disc release: "not impressed" best sums it up.

Clearly ITV Studios don't believe in their steelbook releases having anything in common style-wise but that's cool … not as if the films have much in common either and anyway their steelbooks are quality… and, yes, really nice steelbook the first one from six years ago but would've been even nicer to have some different art here - at least on the front … and definitely inside (lol):-
View attachment 385398View attachment 385399View attachment 385400 / View attachment 385416

As for the inside artwork: what about two of the poster babes … instead of this … ? After all, the book was entitled "Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption"...
View attachment 385417
OK, Raquel should be all technicolour … and that famous fur lined deer skin bikini is just so iconic … but still reminds me of the equally iconic fur lined teacup aka 'Object in Fur' (1936):-
View attachment 385412 View attachment 385406 View attachment 385402
Amazon price will drop before release date
They list RRP first then before release date list selling price

Amazon will also likely match or better Hmv price
Amazon pre order price promise will give you lowest price they list after you pre order

Likely just be 1 Disc
Blu-ray

Previous Steelbook was 1 Blu-ray and 3 DVD's

Blu-ray has Film and extras on 1 Disc

DVD was
DVD Disc Film and 2 DVD's of extras

Blu-ray has same extras that was on the DVD'S

I wondered why there were three DVDs, the Blu-ray has all of that content? Very nice!