GA
Release date: April 25, 2018
Purchase links: Amazon FR - fnac
Price: €14.99

1507-1 (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: bigwednesday0
This is the best one I think of this recent French wave. Now, do I get this to replace my Premium Collection amaray.

Whilst I agree with you generally, in this case there still hasn't been a steelbook to match the quality of the film. This is at least better than the crappy "Kubrick wave" version IMHO.

/\ /\ /\/\
THIS!

If this ends up glossy with embossed title and axe, I may need to get this! :hungry:

• Thanks
Reactions: ChrisIW
Live pics courtesy nuikichiSB
Really strange low level title position . . .
DmujHtDUcAAvd7y.jpg:large

. . . and no art on the back.
Inside looks good though . . . clever how it (almost) continues from/through the front:-
DmujI6KVAAA22BZ.jpg:large

A massive improvement on the original release. Don't know what people are bitching about, if you don't like the artwork-don't buy it!
The point of the joke is that these are lazy artworks that took, probably, five minutes (tops!) to make with MSpaint.
And who could forget the iconic moment from The Shining where there is an axe buried in an orange wall?!!!:hilarious:
If I gave you a blind art test with no title - which one would you guess was for The Shining?
73DAE293-5071-4AB0-B978-7D44D591C72B.jpeg

(Hint: it is not Orange wall axe:LOL:)
While the door art may not be ideal - it is a masterpiece compared to orange wall axe.
(Subjective opinion mileage may vary:D)

The point of the joke is that these are lazy artworks that took, probably, five minutes (tops!) to make with MSpaint.
And who could forget the iconic moment from The Shining where there is an axe buried in an orange wall?!!!:hilarious:
If I gave you a blind art test with no title - which one would you guess was for The Shining?
View attachment 393232

(Hint: it is not Orange wall axe:LOL:)
While the door art may not be ideal - it is a masterpiece compared to orange wall axe.
(Subjective opinion mileage may vary:D)
And the original doesn't have a blank rear cover either.......:rolleyes:

I know, that's what I was saying.

I don't know how themanfromunkle can think this is a massive improvement over that.......
I was just helping drive your point home!:D:thumbs:
Btw- I put more time and effort into my joke versions of those covers than the original "artists" ever did!:rofl:
The laziness of those covers is just stupefying.
(And they did them that way because it got around "original" art copyright, and permission to use any images from the film...i.e. CHEAP)

• Haha
Reactions: BluSteel2012