The Sinbad Trilogy (Blu-ray/DVD Limited Edition) (Powerhouse Films) [UK]

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Release date: June 26, 2017
Purchase links: Powerhouse - Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £42.99 - £44.99 (Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi)
Notes: Limited edition box set of 6000, Box set exclusive 80-page book with new essays, and film credits

C9JhiU-XUAAv9ND.jpg

THE 7TH VOYAGE OF SINBAD (Nathan Juran, 1958)
THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD (Gordon Hessler, 1973)
SINBAD AND THE EYE OF THE TIGER (Sam Wanamaker, 1977)
Release date: 26 June 2017
Limited Dual Format Edition (UK Blu-ray premiere)

These all-time classic adventures, each featuring pioneering special effects by filmmaking legend Ray Harryhausen, are presented here in stunning restorations on Blu-ray for the very first time in the UK. Containing a wealth of new and archival extras – including exclusive interviews with actors Caroline Munro, Jane Seymour and Tom Baker, and rare recordings of Harryhausen and producer Charles H. Schneer in conversation – this stunning Limited Dual Format Edition from Indicator is strictly limited to 6,000 units.

INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES:
• Restored from the original negatives
• Mono and 5.1 surround sound audio options
The 7th Voyage of Sinbad audio commentary with Ray Harryhausen
• Previously unreleased audio interviews with Ray Harryhausen and producer Charles H. Schneer
• New interviews with actors Tom Baker, Caroline Munro and Jane Seymour
• New interview with SFX maestro Phil Tippett
• Original Super 8 cut-down versions
• Archival documentaries, interviews and featurettes
• Original trailers and promotional films
• Isolated scores by Bernard Herrmann, Miklós Rózsa and Roy Budd
• Promotional and on-set photography, poster art and archive materials
• Box set exclusive 80-page book with new essays, and film credits
• Limited edition box set of 6,000
...AND MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED!

#PHIDFE024
BBFC cert: U
REGION FREE
EAN: 5037899069912

Last edited by a moderator:
I received my Amazon order yesterday (Sunday) by the way.
A few amazon customers got delivery already and you been one of them but a lot not had the orders shipped yet
Amazon replied to some customers that they are waiting on delivery of the stock and will ship on Wednesday

It's not the first time this been happening a lot with amazon and powerhouse films releases I ended up cancelling some orders with amazon a few months ago and got from HMV instead

HMV and Zavvi have been getting stock before amazon most times for some reason

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
A few amazon customers got delivery already and you been one of them but a lot not had the orders shipped yet
Amazon replied to some customers that they are waiting on delivery of the stock and will ship on Wednesday

It's not the first time this been happening a lot with amazon and powerhouse films releases I ended up cancelling some orders with amazon a few months ago and got from HMV instead

HMV and Zavvi have been getting stock before amazon most times for some reason
Looks great is the box set hard cardboard of soft cardboard
I guess they've been selling pretty well then if Amazon have to order more in.

I hope yours arrives soon mate! It's a pretty nice set... and yes, the box is hard/sturdy card. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
Still waiting for mine with Amazon not even despatched the date it should arrive is sat but they are not even preparing it. I went for Amazon in April and not zavi as Amazon will auto charge the cheapest price but zavi you have to chase for a refund if it is cheaper after you ordered it

Zavvi order dispatched this morning

Payment was taken on Friday but my order was only dispatched this morning

From reports on other web forums looks like amazon again late get their stock ordered supplied

I will take a guess that powehouse have a cut off date to submit orders by with retailers

Paul when did you place your order with Zavvi?
I placed mine on the 13th April, but still no movement and order states 'awaiting stock'. I messaged Zavvi and await their reply-bot answer but the listing now shows 'sold out'.
I've now placed an order with amazon in case zavvi cancels my order.:dunno:

Paul when did you place your order with Zavvi?
I placed mine on the 13th April, but still no movement and order states 'awaiting stock'. I messaged Zavvi and await their reply-bot answer but the listing now shows 'sold out'.
I've now placed an order with amazon in case zavvi cancels my order.:dunno:
The sold out is more likely due to stock not showing on their system
Once release date arrives a release will auto list as sold out on Zavvi website

When Zavvi get more stock it will then show in stock

Powerhouse films looks like they despatch to retailers stock at different stages instead of all arrive same time

I pre ordered when it was first live to order on Zavvi

As far as I know powerhouse films not sold out yet

Has your debit/credit card been charged yet

• Thanks
Reactions: Punky Partridge
I not got delivery yet of my Zavvi order
It was dispatched on Monday 26th June and I expected delivery at the earliest to arrive by last Friday or at least by Today

The dispatch email has estimated delivered between 10th - 11th July bust that's just Zavvi estimated 2 weeks period I get with all my orders

I usually get delivery of my orders by Monday when dispatched on Wed/Thur/Fri the previous week
Hopefully will be delivered by tomorrow

I hope this not doing a round trip around the world like some orders in the past when for some reason was shipped to wrong country

I will have to wait 21 days from June 26th before Zavvi will do anything if I contact them after 11th July

I don't like Box Sets taking more than usual delivery time as more risk of getting damaged

happy days. :) just adding to @Noodles shots with a few more of my own, now that this has arrived. @Punky Partridge i emailed zavvi last week and they said they were sorry for the delays, but not much more than that, then i got my dispatch email. hope you and @paulboland @snow flake have got yours now, or at least an email?

it's a lovely set. :thumbs: the remasters are as good as they can be expected to be, really, and unlike on the recent Jason & The Argonauts release, the DVD versions in the double play releases have the same print as the blu ray. i've not bought an Indicator set before, and i am very impressed. everything is bright, clear, in a nice design that fits the films. :happy:

cover shots:
open films (including the reversible covers):
the extras are particularly extensive, and Whovians will be interested in a 37 minute interview with everyone's favourite madman Tom Baker which covers his whole career, as well as Golden Voyage, including a big section on "Doctor Who." here's the full list:
the booklet is paperback, but perfect bound, extensive and an excellent combination of good photos, original drawings, interviews and more. booklet pics:
overall, a fine set, and still available on zavvi and also on amazon at time of posting.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Noodles
happy days. :) just adding to @Noodles shots with a few more of my own, now that this has arrived. @Punky Partridge i emailed zavvi last week and they said they were sorry for the delays, but not much more than that, then i got my dispatch email. hope you and @paulboland @snow flake have got yours now, or at least an email?

it's a lovely set. :thumbs: the remasters are as good as they can be expected to be, really, and unlike on the recent Jason & The Argonauts release, the DVD versions in the double play releases have the same print as the blu ray. i've not bought an Indicator set before, and i am very impressed. everything is bright, clear, in a nice design that fits the films. :happy:

cover shots:
the extras are particularly extensive, and Whovians will be interested in a 37 minute interview with everyone's favourite madman Tom Baker which covers his whole career, as well as Golden Voyage, including a big section on "Doctor Who." here's the full list:
the booklet is paperback, but perfect bound, extensive and an excellent combination of good photos, original drawings, interviews and more. booklet pics:
overall, a fine set, and still available on zavvi and also on amazon at time of posting.
giphy.gif

I not got delivery yet
My order was dispatched on Monday 26th June
I will be contacting Zavvi this coming Tuesday if not arrive by then to arrange a replacement order be sent

cover shots:
giphy.gif
Very detailed/informative post. Thanks for sharing! :thumbs:

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
No delivery yet
As expected Zavvi told me to wait 21 days

I will be contacting them again on the 17th July if not arrived before then
I doubt it will arrive before the 17th it's lost in the postal system as far as I'm concerned and more likely been sent to wrong country or address label got damaged during transit and it's doing a trip around the world

Orders from Zavvi to my address on average only takes 4-5 days with 10 days max with the odd order

21 days and still no delivery :(
I have sent Zavvi another message as I was asked to wait until 17th July

Message sent and replacement order requested

Zavvi are annoying me big time in regards to my order I paid for and not yet got delivery

@zavvi
Deliver the goods I paid for I have not got delivery
Zavvi took payment for 1 x The Sinbad Trilogy

I have not got delivery I live in Rep Of Ireland
21 days have passed and no delivery

Zavvi are annoying me big time in regards to my order I paid for and not yet got delivery

@zavvi

good luck, Paul; i hope this turns up soon. :thumbs: come on, @zavvi, your move! :grumpy:
giphy.gif

Reactions: paulboland

@zavvi

Hey Paul!

Sorry that you've not received your order yet. Afraid we can't offer any customer support here, but we've had a look and our CS team are currently dealing with the issue. Give us a nudge if it's not sorted within the next couple of days and we'll escalate it further.

Hey Paul!

Sorry that you've not received your order yet. Afraid we can't offer any customer support here, but we've had a look and our CS team are currently dealing with the issue. Give us a nudge if it's not sorted within the next couple of days and we'll escalate it further.
All has been sorted I think well it will be as soon as I get delivery :D
A replacement was finally agreed to be despatched after further contact on Thursday

Thanks
Paul

• Thanks
Reactions: zavvi