The Smile Thread

Flash

Premium Supporter
Jan 17, 2014
There is a rant thread which is a cool thread for everyone to vent. I thought we should have one for the reverse.

This thread is for things that have made you smile recently. It can be absolutely anything. You can post something like a video or a picture or even just share something that happened to you recently or something you read, absolutely anything. Something to cheer us all up when we are feeling bit :arghh:

I'll start, I just love Britney this made me smile today

image.jpeg When Man United win, that makes me smile!!

Reactions: Flash
Great idea for a thread @Flash. :)

Something that not only made me smile, but made me cry from laughing so much, was a conversation I had with @dan8885 and @Flloydo just yesterday... it was about Yorkshire puddings (for those that don't know, it's a type of food in the UK) of all things haha. Basically, there was some confusion over who Aunt Bessie was... Dan thought she was Flloydo's real aunt, whereas it's actually just a brand name for Yorkshire puds. I think you probably had to be a part of the actual convo to understand how funny it was at the time though. :p

Oh, and another thing that recently made me smile... my 7 year old niece returned from her holiday yesterday, so that was the first time in 2 weeks that we'd seen her, and she had all sorts of funny stories to tell us. That kid never ceases to crack me up! :LOL:

Something that not only made me smile, but made me cry from laughing so much, was a conversation I had with @dan8885 and @Flloydo just yesterday... it was about Yorkshire puddings (for those that don't know, it's a type of food in the UK) of all things haha. Basically, there was some confusion over who Aunt Bessie was... Dan thought she was Flloydo's real aunt, whereas it's actually just a brand name for Yorkshire puds. I think you probably had to be a part of the actual convo to understand how funny it was at the time though. :p

Oh, and another thing that recently made me smile... my 7 year old niece returned from her holiday yesterday, so that was the first time in 2 weeks that we'd seen her, and she had all sorts of funny stories to tell us. That kid never ceases to crack me up! :LOL:

You cracked me up once again with this today at work :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
I was answering some PMs and checked the tags. I cracked up in the middle of the intensive care unit and I couldn't describe why to my fellows :oohyeah:

Flloydo said yesterday something like "my grandfather did the Yorkshire puddings so and so, my dad did them so and so and aunt bessie are okay too" What should I've thought else than that his beloved aunt bessie is doing them not so good like the rest of the family :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: Aw **** that was so much fun mate!

You cracked me up once again with this today at work :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
I was answering some PMs and checked the tags. I cracked up in the middle of the intensive care unit and I couldn't describe why to my fellows :oohyeah:

Flloydo said yesterday something like "my grandfather did the Yorkshire puddings so and so, my dad did them so and so and aunt bessie are okay too" What should I've thought else than that his beloved aunt bessie is doing them not so good like the rest of the family :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: Aw **** that was so much fun mate!
Oops! Not the best place to be laughing out loud haha. It still makes me crack up every time I think about it as well. :rofl:

And Flloydo's sausage comment (won't share it here, in case some are actually offended by it), which was then made even funnier by your response to it. :LOL:

There is a rant thread which is a cool thread for everyone to vent. I thought we should have one for the reverse.

This thread is for things that have made you smile recently. It can be absolutely anything. You can post something like a video or a picture or even just share something that happened to you recently or something you read, absolutely anything. Something to cheer us all up when we are feeling bit :arghh:

I'll start, I just love Britney this made me smile today

LOL! :rofl: Great thread @Flash :thumbs:

Reactions: Flash

Wow that's an amazing shirt.

I couldn't stop laughing at that! I was thinking about it last night too lol

Oops! Not the best place to be laughing out loud haha. It still makes me crack up every time I think about it as well. :rofl:

And Flloydo's sausage comment (won't share it here, in case some are actually offended by it), which was then made even funnier by your response to it. :LOL:

Haha the ol toad in the hole comment, it was @dan8885 comment about when his misses goes out that got me

Haha genius, I get this because of my recent trips (oddly I recognise this lady, when I was in Berlin I had a photo taken next to her outside a theatre where she's pulling a funny face- I mimicked her face and gesture in the photo)

Also I'm a fan of currywurst

At least we know now why @Flloydo is such a good looking lad

Look at her beautiful blue eyes :drool:
View attachment 261513

:rofl: Yep, that's where I got them lol

A lot of things make me smile, most I can't mention here incase others are offended but one thing that puts a smile on my face everyday is walking in the office and seeing our decoration everyday which is right near me (plus I get to play with Lego for work anyway - Nick and Dan know what I mean and that puts a smile on my face once my work is completed) oh and Nick I never sent you these so you can see them here

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Got an AT-AT to build soon too

Wow that's an amazing shirt.

I couldn't stop laughing at that! I was thinking about it last night too lol

Haha the ol toad in the hole comment, it was @dan8885 comment about when his misses goes out that got me

Haha genius, I get this because of my recent trips (oddly I recognise this lady, when I was in Berlin I had a photo taken next to her outside a theatre where she's pulling a funny face- I mimicked her face and gesture in the photo)

Also I'm a fan of currywurst

:rofl: Yep, that's where I got them lol

A lot of things make me smile, most I can't mention here incase others are offended but one thing that puts a smile on my face everyday is walking in the office and seeing our decoration everyday which is right near me (plus I get to play with Lego for work anyway - Nick and Dan know what I mean and that puts a smile on my face once my work is completed) oh and Nick I never sent you these so you can see them here

You lads are fun. Really hope HDN is attending at Comic Con London next year so we could met up there (and with others).
You can bring your auntie too mate, I'm curious about the blue eyes and her puddings :naughty:

How can anyone on this planet not love Currywurst. I could live of Currywurst and fries.

The Lego at your work space is genius, this would make me smile too. I don't want to go in detail what I got to see at work though :bag:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and Noodles

View attachment 261522 View attachment 261523 View attachment 261524 View attachment 261525 View attachment 261526

Erm... JEALOUS!! :OMG:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
You lads are fun. Really hope HDN is attending at Comic Con London next year so we could met up there (and with others).
You can bring your auntie too mate, I'm curious about the blue eyes and her puddings :naughty:

How can anyone on this planet not love Currywurst. I could live of Currywurst and fries.

The Lego at your work space is genius, this would make me smile too. I don't want to go in detail what I got to see at work though :bag:

I really hope they attend comic con next year too. Already said to wreck i would help out if needed

Oh I'll bring her along, aunties for everyone

Yeah I love a currywurst. Different but delicious
Can't wait to have it again

That Lego is my bosses personal Lego, but it's everywhere. we recentley moved office and a few bits came off of them in the move here and there - think theres something missing from the tumbler and possibly on the falcon too and I took those photos when we literally got them out the box so they are completed again now with nothing missing

I've got a delivery coming to work soon for more Lego pieces and characters for the photos I take. (Sent you some in a PM the other week)

Erm... JEALOUS!! :OMG:

Haha, they are cool.

Looking forward to the AT-AT.

And like I just said got more smaller bits coming for the Instagram photos soon. Exciting lol

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885 and Noodles