DVD The Sony Superbit DVD Collector/Discussion Thread

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
logo-superbit-small.jpg

Hi All,

If you ever collected these, or still own them, feel free to chime in.

Have fun!

DB

About Superbit, per Wiki:

Amazon Superbit Listing

Superbit was a brand of premium DVD-Video versions of motion pictures from Columbia TriStar Home Video, a division of Sony Pictures Entertainment. Superbit DVDs aimed to improve picture quality over a standard DVD edition of a feature by increasing the bit rate of the encoded video. Audio quality was also improved by the mandatory inclusion of both Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 surround audio tracks.

I still have some Superbit DVD's in my collection. I love my Underworld Superbit DVD. The sound is incredible compared to the original release. :scat:

I bought some recently on Amazon for a penny an postage. The Patriot 2-Disc and The Fifth Element. I also have The One (Jet Li) Bram Stoker's Dracula, Labyrinth and more I can't recall at the moment. I was always impressed by the superior picture and audio quality.

I'm pretty sure I still have Spider-man 1,2,3, The Fifth Element, Bad Boys, Charlie's Angels, The Quick and the Dead, Snatch, xXx, a Knight's Tale, probably some others. Still look good with upconversion, just not as good as the blu-ray counterpart.

Last edited:
i still have a few of them. if they were good enough films i would of upgraded them to Blu-ray (example Das Boot, Lawrence of Arabia)

i did have about 15 of them at one point though