The SteelBook™ Group Buy Request / Discussion Thread

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Would you like a member to host a group buy? Is there something that you think might be interesting to other members as well?

Can you all save on shipping? Or get some other type of discount?

Group buy hosts and members - use this thread to see if there is interest in the title(s) you are looking for.

Hi, I am a newbie here to the Steelbook GB. If I requested a copy and got approved. Will I get a message?? Or will I get an email to pay?? If anybody knows, please do let me know and I would really appreciate it. ;)

Hi, I am a newbie here to the Steelbook GB. If I requested a copy and got approved. Will I get a message?? Or will I get an email to pay?? If anybody knows, please do let me know and I would really appreciate it. ;)

First, welcome to HDN!

It depends on the group buy host. Many hosts will send you a PM with further detailed instructions on how to pay. (That's the little envelope in the right hand corner of your screen). You can set your preferences to send you an e-mail when you get a new PM, so that would be the best way.

Some hosts will request payment in advance of the release in order to reserve your copy, others might wait until it's in hand. But they will definitely follow up for payment with you when it's due.

Hope that helps.

• Thanks
Reactions: jammmy
First, welcome to HDN!

It depends on the group buy host. Many hosts will send you a PM with further detailed instructions on how to pay. (That's the little envelope in the right hand corner of your screen). You can set your preferences to send you an e-mail when you get a new PM, so that would be the best way.

Some hosts will request payment in advance of the release in order to reserve your copy, others might wait until it's in hand. But they will definitely follow up for payment with you when it's due.

Hope that helps.
Thank you so much for your very detailed answer : ) It really helped!

• Thanks
Reactions: apsmith21
Does Anyone know if there is a Captain America Civil War GB for the Best buy US release? Cant seem to find one, only the Canadian one.

Thanks in advance.

Does Anyone know if there is a Captain America Civil War GB for the Best buy US release? Cant seem to find one, only the Canadian one.

Thanks in advance.

There isn't. Here's why:

@Wreck said he might do a mini group buy, but I won't be hosting one. There were too many damaged ones last time, and I agree with the members that did get one, it was disappointing in quality even if you got one that appeared mint unopened. I had to acquire 33% more copies that I sent out due to damages. Meaning, if I had to order 150 to get 100 good ones.

Sorry, not going through that again. :)

For 1 steelbook orders, turns out that the group buy hosted by @Drum18 will be cheaper for international members.

@Wreck said he might do a mini group buy, but I won't be hosting one. There were too many damaged ones last time, and I agree with the members that did get one, it was disappointing in quality even if you got one that appeared mint unopened. I had to acquire 33% more copies that I sent out due to damages. Meaning, if I had to order 150 to get 100 good ones.

Sorry, not going through that again. :)

For 1 steelbook orders, turns out that the group buy hosted by @Drum18 will be cheaper for international members.

Thanks for replying. Shame. Cant really justify $70AU for a steelbook with the Canadian FB alas. Fingers crossed someone does one for the US release. Thanks for all your efforts on previous GB's. All mine turned up in great condition.

Hi i am new here , love the site by the way !

I just was looking at the rules for joining of Groupbuys and just wondering why you have the Rule #17 in place ?

I can understand that it could cause a hassle but i dont know if i like the idea of HDN taking away my right to open a claim at paypal if i see fit to do so . I mean Paypal does not let you open one immediately anyway before you have
tried other channels like talking to the seller.

I believe the Rule #17 is therefore not needed , i just feel somewhat intimidated from it and would really like to join a Groupbuy or two or more in the future but on the other side I dont want to be "spanked" because i did what i felt was best for me the buyer.

PLEASE do not get me wrong , i really do appreciate the opportunity to be a full pledged member and participate in Groupbuys in the future . I just felt the need to voice my concerns about that #17

• Thanks
Reactions: apsmith21
Hi i am new here , love the site by the way !

I just was looking at the rules for joining of Groupbuys and just wondering why you have the Rule #17 in place ?

I can understand that it could cause a hassle but i dont know if i like the idea of HDN taking away my right to open a claim at paypal if i see fit to do so . I mean Paypal does not let you open one immediately anyway before you have
tried other channels like talking to the seller.

I believe the Rule #17 is therefore not needed , i just feel somewhat intimidated from it and would really like to join a Groupbuy or two or more in the future but on the other side I dont want to be "spanked" because i did what i felt was best for me the buyer.

PLEASE do not get me wrong , i really do appreciate the opportunity to be a full pledged member and participate in Groupbuys in the future . I just felt the need to voice my concerns about that #17

Hi Chris - thanks for your message and hope that you are enjoying HDN thus far.

You've already addressed this a bit in your question. Group buy hosts here have a proven track record of being above and beyond helpful and open to issues / questions. Per rule 17 (and #9 and #11) HDN requires that you try and resolve the issue by first speaking with the GB host - the rule says, don't open a paypal case first, if you haven't talked with the GB host on the forum yet.

If can't resolve with the GB host directly (which frankly I've hardly ever heard of this problem on HDN), you can also speak with a trading mod or GB host as well, before going to paypal.

In order for any of these folks to become GB hosts, they had to go through a very close vetting process and scrutiny on their past deals.

GB hosts here often put large amounts of funds up front to the retailers for these exclusives. Often this might be their own money. In opening a case, paypal puts a hold on those funds paid to the seller, and requires that the seller adds more money to cover it in the short term.

This could cause problems with other GBs that are in development, or any number of other transactions that a GB host has ongoing. In the past, depending on how thorough the GB host is, paypal might also put OTHER payments under investigation & hold, cascading through the seller's entire account.

In summary, you might think you are "protecting" yourself by opening a case, but in fact, on this forum, you could very likely cause a huge headache for many other buyers and group buy participants. It's simple, just speak with the GB host first, be polite, express your frustration, and have a couple of pictures ready to go - take a picture of the packaging and the item - keep all shipping materials until you hear back.

Hope that helps!

@Apollon @dan8885

Hello Mr. apsmith21,

thank YOU for your time in explaining to me the reasoning behind the rules of your Groupbuys.

You have explained it very well to me , i still have though a very small question , which i would really appreciate an answer to .

What happends IF it does not get resolved (to my satisfaction) from one of those people mentioned above and i find myself forced to open a paypal claim ? Do you guys automatically then discontinue service to me ? I mean sometimes there are just situations as to where nothing else works , like for instance i have purchased on Ebay. I tried to talk nice to the person responsible but it did not get the response i was wanting to get. I am not normally a person who complains about too many things , but when i DO NOT recieve something and i get no satisfactory response fromt he seller (like an Inquiry being done) then i DO get p.... off !

I just want to avoid this situation with your Company by asking my questions AHEAD of time in order to know what to expect !

Chris

Hello Mr. apsmith21,

thank YOU for your time in explaining to me the reasoning behind the rules of your Groupbuys.

You have explained it very well to me , i still have though a very small question , which i would really appreciate an answer to .

What happends IF it does not get resolved (to my satisfaction) from one of those people mentioned above and i find myself forced to open a paypal claim ? Do you guys automatically then discontinue service to me ? I mean sometimes there are just situations as to where nothing else works , like for instance i have purchased on Ebay. I tried to talk nice to the person responsible but it did not get the response i was wanting to get. I am not normally a person who complains about too many things , but when i DO NOT recieve something and i get no satisfactory response fromt he seller (like an Inquiry being done) then i DO get p.... off !

I just want to avoid this situation with your Company by asking my questions AHEAD of time in order to know what to expect !

Chris

If there's an issue and the GB host is failing to address it properly, even after we look into it, then we'll be the first ones to advise you to file a claim with PayPal and that does not in any way jeopardize your membership on this site.

Everyone is expected to follow the rules, hosts and members.

If you're ever unsure or need guidance, feel free to PM myself or @apsmith21 and @dan8885 to put you on the right track.

Enjoy the forums and have fun!

Hello Mr. apsmith21,

Chris

Hi Chris - I think that's an unlikely scenario, but let's go through the potential workflow. Each GB host represents themselves, they don't all take orders on behalf of HiDefNinja.com - so they might do things different or handle the situation in a different manner.

Let's say you were to join one of my USA group buys (where I ship things to folks in other countries). I insure my packages for 100% of their value through a third party, and that covers the item cost and the shipping amount. If something were to happen in transit, then I ask for pictures of the item, we chat about the solutions, if we think it happened in transit then we proceed with an insurance claim. Within a couple of weeks, you have the funds back you originally paid.

Do all the GB hosts work this way? Maybe not, but I can tell you that they are very stand up representatives from their countries, wonderful hard working folks that stand by the product they sourced at your request.

Also remember that prices you see here are often under e-bay prices - an overriding goal of this forum is to help other members, not profit at their expense.

If you are curious about any group buy host, click on that big GREEN check mark you see next to their profile / name. That's the forum's trading feedback system. You'll see how many people are happy with their items / orders for each person.

But there are also a number of other trading guides that are linked here - they might give you a bit more info to think about and work with.

https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...helpful-links-must-read-for-new-members.7531/

Hope that gives you even a bit more info about how things work here.

Good luck!

@Apollon @dan8885