The Ten Commandments (1956)

The Ten Commandments (1956) - steelbook ?

• Yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
Genre: Biblical Epic, Classic Cinema
Studio: Paramount
Starring: Charlton Heston, Yul Brynner, Anne Baxter, Edward G. Robinson, Yvonne De Carlo, Debra Paget, John Derek
Director: Cecil B. DeMille

tencommandments1.jpg

large_ten_commandments_blu-ray_2.jpg

heston_moses_ten_commandments.jpg

004-anne-baxter-theredlist.jpg

Well some are comparing the new Exodus Gods & Kings to this, which considering the age of this movie is pretty pointless IMO. I'm sure both movies can be appreciated for the individual works that they are, although the recognition, praise and awards this part of classic cinema has probably wont be bettered by Ridely Scott's new epic :cigar: ....although i bet many members here wont be able to sit through more than 30 minutes of Ten Commandments before getin bored lol :rofl:

..... but for any student of film, this remains a classic must see part of cinema history, which now with its newly remastered edition would make 4 an excellent steelbook release :thumbs: :cool:

Last edited:
You obviously have my full support.

My one proviso would be that any new Steelbook utilizes the original poster art.

51rZ+f2ay3L.jpg

I know the original artwork has been used many times before but, for me, it's superior to the artwork in the original post which has been used not only for the US Collector's Edition but also every other Blu-ray release worldwide, including the French Steelbook.

les-dix-commandements-steelbook-francia-l_cover.jpg

I already have the French Steelbook but I would certainly double dip to get a new release with the title in English and the original poster art.

Last edited:
Reactions: SaberTooth
Had no idea there was a french one and very cool it looks too

It's now out of print although you can still get copies on eBay for a reasonable price. It's one of those weird French releases like "Ninja Assassin" which were originally released as limited edition Steelbooks but with the same catalogue number as their standard edition counterparts. It was a lottery as to whether you'd receive a Steelbook or an Amaray.

It is very nice in hand and has a golden sheen to it. The downside, however, is that there is no interior artwork. I don't have a problem with the printed blue banner on the front or the printed back in French, although many here would.

It would, however, be nice if this title were to be re-released with the title in English and with the original poster artwork.

• Informative
Reactions: SaberTooth