The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974) - 40th Anniversary Restoration (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Second Sight Films) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 17th, 2014
Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
Base.com
Entertainment Store
Zavvi.com
Notes: Discs locked to region B.

91ZJgpihDqL._SY679_.jpg

Brand new bonus features:
- New audio commentary with Director Tobe Hooper
- New audio commentary with Cinematographer Daniel Pearl, Sound Recordist Ted Nicolaou and Editor J. Larry Carroll
- Cutting Chain Saw with Editor J. Larry Carroll
- Grandpa s Tales with actor John Dugan
- Horror s Hallowed Grounds
- New deleted scenes / outtakes

Additional bonus features:
- Audio commentary with Tobe Hooper, Actor Gunnar Hansen, Cinematographer Daniel Pearl
- Audio commentary with Actors Marilyn Burns, Allen Danziger, and Paul A. Partain and Production Designer Robert Burns
- The Shocking Truth documentary plus outtakes
- Flesh Wounds - Seven Stories of The Saw
- Off The Hook with Teri McMinn
- The Business of Chain Saw with Production Manager Ron Bozman
- A Tour of The TCSM House with Gunnar Hansen
- Tobe Hooper interview
- Kim Henkel interview
- Deleted scenes and outtakes, trailers, TV and Radio spots

Last edited:
I have the USA Collectors Edition on Pre-order
If Second Sight extras are the same or better then I will go with the second sight release
Until I see the second sight release info I'm keeping my USA pre-order for now
I might end up getting both if extras are exclusive

Oooh, this could be awesome! But second sight are pretty average with steels (Scanners, Return of the Living Dead, and i think Re-Animator)...

i completely agree, and even more, with an exceptionally grainy and dirty film shot on 16mm, i doubt a 4k scan can improve the picture quality any further.
i have the german ultimate edition (which still feels like an "ultimate" version to me)
, i really doubt there is much space for improvement in terms of picture quality.

Reactions: XXHAPPY GILMORE
i completely agree, and even more, with an exceptionally grainy and dirty film shot on 16mm, i doubt a 4k scan can improve the picture quality any further.
i have the german ultimate edition (which still feels like an "ultimate" version to me)
, i really doubt there is much space for improvement in terms of picture quality.

You'd be surprised! The Christopher Nolan film FOLLOWING was shot on 16mm and was restored for blu-ray and it looks phenomenal!

the "ultimate edition" already has a full hd 2k scan, and it already looks phenomenal. i don't wanna be the naysayer here, but i guess the only thing they can do with a new transfer is to improve it for the worse (i.e. clean it up digitally, remove grain with dnr and edge enhancement, make it look cleaner than it actually should,...).
the only thing that might get me to buy this film again is a bunch of new extras.

I absolutely love that version of Texas! I still need to pick it up, its a stunning set though, much like the rest of the Austrian Turbine digipacks... ;)

Reactions: severo
Already pre-order the US amaray but will be interested to see if Second Sight add any exclusive extras to their release

the "ultimate edition" already has a full hd 2k scan, and it already looks phenomenal. i don't wanna be the naysayer here, but i guess the only thing they can do with a new transfer is to improve it for the worse (i.e. clean it up digitally, remove grain with dnr and edge enhancement, make it look cleaner than it actually should,...).
the only thing that might get me to buy this film again is a bunch of new extras.

You guys are wrong. There has already been a 4K trailer and someone took the screen shots from that and made a comparison with the current/old Blu-rays. Even the compressed YouTube trailer has more detail than the Blu-ray, so the 4K will be a revelation.

I am disappointed that Second Sight is releasing the steel. Re-Animator and Scanners were weak steels. They need to remember inside art for this one.