Note: No inside art
Purchase here

Pics courtesy of Chipvideo!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

**NOTE - PICTURE BELOW SHOWS CUSTOM INSIDE ART (Pic Thanks to Natombi!) ACTUAL RELEASE IS BLANK ON INSIDE!!

attachment.php

TheThing Front.jpg
TheThing Front Unwrapped.jpg
TheThing Back.jpg
TheThing Spread.jpg
TheThing Horizontal.jpg
The Thing Custom Art.jpg

The question I have is, do they still come with all the stickers like they did in my photos? I remember the last ones that I got had just one sticker on it.

Damn I had completely forgotten that john carpenters "original" thing was in itself a remake

Its' not a remake. The film is clearly based on the original John Campbell novel from 1932. I have said book. The 1950's film has nothing to do with the book even though it quotes the book as the source. The 1950's film is more to do with scientists v military the monster plot being secondary to the main story of the main characters at each others throats.. I wouldn't even call it a monster movie since there is only one "scary" moment in the film.
The 1982 Thing really takes the book and does it justice, something the 1950's film failed to do. The book and the 1982 film are pretty damn close.

Really thin poor metal on this ....just push your finger against the embosssd logo and the metal will flex in and out. :squint:

..got mine last year and was supposed to send it back, but forgot lol. and yeah no stickers on mine either.

btw has any amazon.fr steel ever sold out? ...or do they jus print and print print and print print and print print and print print and print print and print print and print print and print print and print print and print print and print print and print till doomsday? :movie:

no stickers

That sux.

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

I think the metal is the same. Its the space between the metal and the plastic that causes it to flex and the flexibility of the plastic as well. Not all the plastic trays are the same in steelbooks.

Really thin poor metal on this ....just push your finger against the embosssd logo and the metal will flex in and out. :squint:

..got mine last year and was supposed to send it back, but forgot lol. and yeah no stickers on mine either.

btw has any amazon.fr steel ever sold out? ...or do they jus print and print print and print print and print print and print print and print print and print print and print print and print print and print print and print print and print print and print till doomsday? :movie:

that's the same with most if not all debossed steels, they flex in and out

oh ok ...i dont own hardly any debossed-only steels anyway lol. However, My HMV Riddick is solid as a rock :thumbs:

yeah I only have a few too but most r pretty much the same :thumbs:, I think the reason Riddick is solid is the positioning of the title and how its at the bottom rather than middle of the front and also because the title debossing is so thin but I could be wrong lol

Reactions: SaberTooth
does anyone know if the one being advertised on amazon France is the steelbook? i type in the The Thing Steelbook in the search option, and it shows up, but using google translate it doesn't mention steelbook in the description, any help?