The Thing (1982) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Arrow Video) [UK]

Feb 17, 2011
Release date: October 23, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon - Zavvi - HMV - Arrow Films (Sold Out)
Price: £17.99 (Arrow) - £24.99 (Amazon) - £19.99 (Zavvi - Hmv)

91fkjH5rswL._SY445_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I never said i didn't like this steelbook, quite the opposite, i said it's an amazing looking steelbook even though it's matte. The conversation here regarding the finish was about steelbooks and distributors in general.

I know but I wasn't directing that at you in particular, it's just all I seem to see in every thread is that this steelbook needs to be gloss if it's not it's crap etc etc.

Happy days. Got my dispatch email today.

Only managed to order two yesterday when they came back in stock. Worked lovely with the 20% code!

After one of the two Civil Wars I ordered arrived bent up, I think ordering a couple has to be the way to go for something I really want that'll sell out.

Bit of a faff sending one back though.

Now when I see live pics, I start to think that the finish is not so big issue as the back artwork is :bored: geez that´s really a fail o_O. I like the inside art though :coffee:

I know but I wasn't directing that at you in particular, it's just all I seem to see in every thread is that this steelbook needs to be gloss if it's not it's crap etc etc.

Yep. It's usually a race to see who can get their "this will look great with some gloss and embossing/debossing" post somewhere in the first 3 posts of a thread, usually forgetting that most of the time what they are looking at is placeholder art.

So you get the inevitable posts after the release along the lines of

0007b85a36d6face353f6fe8367513b9f84cc828.gif

I'm not saying this thread or every thread. Just a lot of them.

Kinda like IMDB.com where they finally shut down the comments section (which I'm glad they did) because the first 2 posts about an actress were always the same.

1) She looks like...
2) Has she been naked in any of her movies?

Yep. It's usually a race to see who can get their "this will look great with some gloss and embossing/debossing" post somewhere in the first 3 posts of a thread, usually forgetting that most of the time what they are looking at is placeholder art.

---

Kinda like IMDB.com where they finally shut down the comments section (which I'm glad they did) because the first 2 posts about an actress were always the same.

1) She looks like...
2) Has she been naked in any of her movies?

If you have read a lot of posts of the different threads you can also find out which group of persons always say the same and which persons share the same opinion and have each others back (also counts for me of course). It's actually funny :happy:
It's part of the deal.

pff......and I never ask myself the two IMDB comments questions, especially not question 2!

giphy.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
If you have read a lot of posts of the different threads you can also find out which group of persons always say the same and which persons share the same opinion and have each others back (also counts for me of course). It's actually funny :happy:
It's part of the deal.

pff......and I never ask myself the two IMDB comments questions, especially not question 2!

giphy.gif

lol perfect GIF

And I do know what you mean about the different groups. I have noticed and yes it is funny.

I mean no harm. I like reading the opinions here. Some days I make comments, most of them useless.
Other days I start to type replies and then catch myself just in time to erase everything I've typed realizing that I don't have to add my opinion to every comment.

Even though I want to. :smuggrin:

• Thanks
Reactions: rschiks
I guess I'm one of the ones you are referring to that always say I prefer my steelbooks glossy, and I'll keep saying it.

These are supposed to be a premium option over regular plastic Blu Ray cases for collectors. The least they can do is stop scrimping on paint! They charge enough for 'em!

And glossy steelbooks always look much better.

I guess I'm one of the ones you are referring to that always say I prefer my steelbooks glossy, and I'll keep saying it.

These are supposed to be a premium option over regular plastic Blu Ray cases for collectors. The least they can do is stop scrimping on paint! They charge enough for 'em!

:ass: wouldn´t say it better :coffee:

Matte is the new glossy! :happy:

Honestly, for me it’s not an issue. If the steelbook is nice I’m buying it.
Very simple actually. There’s no obligation to buy it.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Looks to me the same as most of the other Arrows releases, don’t really see what the issue is? It’s not like it’s anything new. Same usual matte finish.

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
If every Steelbook was glossy and embossed it would be boring. The hobby needs a bit of variety to keep things interesting.
Zavvi can have the monopoly on matte for their crap titles then. :thumbs:

Thing is, most of the guys defending matte here are the very same who would go nuts if Blufans or Hdzeta or whoever released a 'premium' package with a matte Steelbook inside......

Imagine if Blufans Doctor Strange had a matte finish!! :p

I like gloss, however

Thing is, most of the guys defending matte here are the very same who would go nuts if Blufans or Hdzeta or whoever released a 'premium' package with a matte Steelbook inside......

And the ones complaining about every steelbook that's not glossy, would be defending the matte Blufans lol.

• Thanks
Reactions: snooloui

I guess that comes down to expectations. The premium retailers demand a higher price tag so it's reasonable to expect a higher standard from those guys.

Reactions: lgans316