The Thing (1982) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Arrow Video) [UK]

Feb 17, 2011
Release date: October 23, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon - Zavvi - HMV - Arrow Films (Sold Out)
Price: £17.99 (Arrow) - £24.99 (Amazon) - £19.99 (Zavvi - Hmv)

91fkjH5rswL._SY445_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You might have to turn off the artificial sharpening setting, tends to exacerbate grain. Usually, setting "sharpness" to zero is the way to go.

Already have sharpness to zero as well as all "enhancements" such as Edge Enhancement and Super Resolution set to off where possible. The only two I've played with are the noise reductions for obviously reasons. They help with some content but not when it's got serious grain.

Serious grain is good That’s what you want Film prints have grain due to its nature If it’s not there something has went seriously wrong with the restoration and encoding

It's to the point that it looks like the pixels are dancing over the screen!

Anyway, only in a couple of scenes and I was more than happy with the rest of it. As I said, thoroughly impressed.

Hey Ninjas, got my copy of this several weeks ago and have been loving it big time! Thought I'd share with you all a little something I did for this release, as well as for my steelbook of Jaws.

I hope you all appreciate how I'm willing to showcase my utter geekiness. The project is fun to do, even more fun to look at when done, and just makes THE THING from ARROW that much sweeter, even if it is a layman's effort.

And thanks to @digitalbabe for pointing me in the right direction for this vid!

happy days. :) finally got around to cracking this and also the limited edition open, as well as a certain related game (unboxing for that here)...

not gonna post too many pictures in the thread, as @sunnyx @Flloydo @paulboland @duckandrun @JasonV125 have already got that covered above (nice shots, guys! :thumbs:). reading the comments, what I will say is that i think i'm a bit happier than some with the steel; yes, it's flat and matte, but i like the print job they have done on the light beams. i've called it 'spot gloss,' i think incorrectly, but there is definitely a varying sheen to the beams:
View media item 24796and, yes, of course i put the steel in the Ltd Edit case!
think i will wait around a little while this evening, see what happens...
View media item 24813
giphy.gif

happy days. :) finally got around to cracking this and also the limited edition open, as well as a certain related game (unboxing for that here)...

not gonna post too many pictures in the thread, as @sunnyx @Flloydo @paulboland @duckandrun @JasonV125 have already got that covered above (nice shots, guys! :thumbs:). reading the comments, what I will say is that i think i'm a bit happier than some with the steel; yes, it's flat and matte, but i like the print job they have done on the light beams. i've called it 'spot gloss,' i think incorrectly, but there is definitely a varying sheen to the beams:
View media item 24796and, yes, of course i put the steel in the Ltd Edit case!
think i will wait around a little while this evening, see what happens...
View media item 24813
giphy.gif

Nice

Would love that outpost game

It’s a metallic sheen ;)

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Would this back-in-stock thing include the slipcover?
Steelbook never had a slipcover it's a jcard

The standard amaray edition includes a slipcover and is available from all retailers and has not sold out yet with any retailer

https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...lu-ray-standard-edition-arrow-video-uk.88051/

It's possible later stock of the standard edition might not have a slipcover as arrow usually only provide them with initial batch of stock

If you are looking for the The Limited Edition Amaray Slipbox edition that is sold out

Last edited: