The Thing (1982) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Arrow Video) [UK]

Feb 17, 2011
Release date: October 23, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon - Zavvi - HMV - Arrow Films (Sold Out)
Price: £17.99 (Arrow) - £24.99 (Amazon) - £19.99 (Zavvi - Hmv)

91fkjH5rswL._SY445_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't own many Arrow steelbooks but I don't think they are big on quality finishes (embossing, debossing etc....) Usually just matte I think.......

Although come to think of it my Battle Royale has nice debossing so hopefully I'll be proven wrong.

The title is screaming out for debossing here.

Reactions: lgans316
If your looking to order direct from Arrow Films Store

Arrow Video Facebook
Due to overwhelming demand, we are currently experiencing technical difficulties with our Arrow Video Shop. We are working to get it back up as soon as possible

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Mobley
Don't own many Arrow steelbooks but I don't think they are big on quality finishes (embossing, debossing etc....) Usually just matte I think.......

Although come to think of it my Battle Royale has nice debossing so hopefully I'll be proven wrong.

True, mostly "just" matte, but it´s always high quality print and artwork itself is great. As I don´t like matte finish generally, with Arrow I really don´t mind at all.

Arrow Video Steelbooks when matte finish are high quality matte finish

It has been for about 5 hours. :OMG:
The Thing release amount of hits on arrow website crashed the website it's all messed up :rofl:

Arrow Video
Due to overwhelming demand, we are currently experiencing technical difficulties with our Arrow Video Shop. We are working to get it back up as soon as possible. Equally, we are looking into why The Thing Ltd Ed is being listed as Currently Unavailable on Amazon Please keep checking both sites for when they are back up.

Massive demand this release has created

Sounds like the majority who ordered the steel also ordered the box set

I genuinely can't wait for this. Been waiting for arrows release for while after hearing of whispers and been dying for the struzan art on metal for a loooong time

Will sit nicely with the horizontal play steel, mondo steel and waxwork vinyl

Just need a decent struzan print or poster now

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
statement from arrow,,,,

Hi, yes, we're currently facing technical issues on our website, and investigating why Amazon do not have it available for sale. In the meantime, it is currently available on Zavvi, Thanks AV

arrow been having tech difficulties havent been able to list it up on amazon or there own website, as was waiting on facebook to order with them,
It was available to order from Amazon and Zavvi both websites sold out of steelbook and limited edition

Zavvi sold out just now in past half hour

I ordered both Steelbook and Limited Edition from Zavvi

Arrow Website is a separate issue as that has crashed

statement from arrow,,,,

Hi, yes, we're currently facing technical issues on our website, and investigating why Amazon do not have it available for sale. In the meantime, it is currently available on Zavvi, Thanks AV

It was the limited edition that had troubles on Amazon.

Not sure if they fixed that from earlier though

It was available to order from Amazon and Zavvi both websites sold out of steelbook and limited edition

I ordered both Steelbook and Limited Edition from Zavvi

Arrow Website is a separate issue as that has crashed
well i spoke with arrow on facebook direct, and amazon customer live chat as was looking to order as soon as it went live,
and according to arrow and amazon it hasnt gone live on either yet, and arrow are in talks with amazon trying to find out,,