The Thing (Limited Edition) (Blu-ray) (Arrow Video) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release Date: October 23rd , 2017
Purchase Links: Arrow Films (Sold Out) - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMVhttps://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/the-thing-limited-edition/11515183.html
Price: £17.99 (Arrow) - £19.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - Hmv)
Notes: Limited to 6,000

IMG_9630.JPG

IMG_9631.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason I was expecting a more Donnie Darko style package and wasn't expecting a ammray case but it still looks cool and can't wait to get it and the steel.
You know what I'm like with this film ;)
So did I to be honest... thought it was going to be a sturdier/thicker box with a digipak. Oh well, it still looks pretty cool I guess. :)

Haha yep, I KNOW! :p

• Thanks
Reactions: harry and Flloydo
tenor.gif

... but I'm dreading @zavvi's packaging. On pre-order day I forgot how beat up everything but steelbooks arrives. Hopefully this will be an exception from the rule. You listen, @zavvi?

The slipbox is hard cardboard you be fine with Zavvi shipping this even if sent in a jiffy bag

Don't bet on it...
My Donnie Darko limited edition arrived, dinged and crushed in some corners, all due to the fact it was shipped in a jiffy bag. I'm never ordering anything else like that from zavvi again....lesson learned.

• Thanks
Reactions: CleverLoginName
Don't bet on it...
My Donnie Darko limited edition arrived, dinged and crushed in some corners, all due to the fact it was shipped in a jiffy bag. I'm never ordering anything else like that from zavvi again....lesson learned.
It's not the same type packaging as donnie darko it's completely different

It's the same type packaging that was used with limited edition of The Bird with the Crystal Plumage

The packaging is very strong hard cardboard

Not My Videos

Last edited:
It's not the same type packaging as donnie darko it's completely different

It's the same type packaging that was used with limited edition of The Bird with the Crystal Plumage

The packaging is very strong hard cardboard

Not My Videos

I think the point he's trying to make is that the Donnie Darko set is also sturdy card (honestly, after watching those videos I'd say DD looks to be about the same thickness as the Crystal Plumage set), yet his copy still managed to arrive damaged. It wouldn't be hard to damage any type of cardboard anyway, no matter how strong it is... it's basically just thick paper after all.

I think the point he's trying to make is that the Donnie Darko set is also sturdy card (honestly, after watching those videos I'd say DD looks to be about the same thickness as the Crystal Plumage set), yet his copy still managed to arrive damaged. It wouldn't be hard to damage any type of cardboard anyway, no matter how strong it is... it's basically just thick paper after all.
Dornie darko is softer cardboard in comparison and easier to damage

It's very sturdy hard cardboard what you see in the video and is same type used with the thing

Got a dispatch from Zavvi earlier. Better arrive mint

Looks superb! Will go nicely with my Scream Factory BD and Mondo X signed steelbook!

Same but I don't have the scream factory version. Just signed mondo and universal horizontal steel