The Thing (Limited Edition) (Blu-ray) (Arrow Video) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release Date: October 23rd , 2017
Purchase Links: Arrow Films (Sold Out) - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMVhttps://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/the-thing-limited-edition/11515183.html
Price: £17.99 (Arrow) - £19.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - Hmv)
Notes: Limited to 6,000

IMG_9630.JPG

IMG_9631.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone here have any experience with HMV Ireland? It came out today and yet it still has not been dispatched.
I have not ordered from HMV Ireland Website since they closed down in Rep of Ireland
I use HMV UK website now to order items I use An Post Addrespal for a UK address

The HMV Ireland and Xtra-Vision websites is now run by a different company most orders get dispatched from Europe from what I heard and is slow for delivery going by customer reports
It's now run by Hmv International Online Limited

Last edited:
Reactions: kierano
I have not ordered from HMV Ireland Website since they closed down in Rep of Ireland
I use HMV UK website now to order items I use An Post Addrespal for a UK address

The HMV Ireland and Xtra-Vision websites is now run by a different company most orders get dispatched from Europe from what I heard and is slow for delivery going by customer reports
It's now run by Hmv International Online Limited
Ah ok I see. Thank you. I've sent emails but no reply at all, so I probably won't see this show up for quite some time.

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
As expected, mine turned up from Zavvi in nothing but a jiffy envelope and therefore received a crushed corner which went through to the poster and booklet... thankfully that was the only damage though and I've managed to flatten it out somewhat. You almost had me convinced too @paulboland! :squint: :p

As expected, mine turned up from Zavvi in nothing but a jiffy envelope and therefore received a crushed corner which went through to the poster and booklet... thankfully that was the only damage though and I've managed to flatten it out somewhat. You almost had me convinced too @paulboland! :squint: :p
Your copy was an exclusive special limited edition with do it yourself assembly :p :rofl:

Only messing with you sorry it arrived damaged :sorry: contact Zavvi to see if they arrange a replacement or give you a partial refund
If the damage is minor no harm in trying to get some money back

I expect amazon UK will have some copies available from Monday for a short period

Reactions: Noodles
Your copy was an exclusive special limited edition with do it yourself assembly :p :rofl:

Only messing with you sorry it arrived damaged :sorry: contact Zavvi to see if they arrange a replacement or give you a partial refund
If the damage is minor no harm in trying to get some money back

I expect amazon UK will have some copies available from Monday for a short period
Zavvi are good at sending me those type of exclusives. :LOL:

Honestly, the damage was minimal anyway (at least compared to some of the sets I've received in the past lol), and you can barely tell it was damaged at all now that I've flattened it all out... plus it's only one of the back corners of the opening side, so you can't see it when displayed on a shelf.

I'm really happy with it overall... very nice edition! :)

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
Does anyone know who Arrow use to deliver their items? My limited edition arrived from Zavvi but the steelbook I ordered from Arrow is yet to arrive also I have not had any shipping email from them???
Arrow films have not sent out dispatch emails for most customers orders of The Thing only a few customers got the dispatch emails
You account will show if dispatched with date order was dispatched and shipping method used

UK royal mail deliver the parcels
International they use royal mail airmail and will be delivered by your local postal service

Most orders was dispatched on 17th October from Arrow Films
You need to allow 14 days for delivery before you contact arrow films

I expect my arrow films orders to arrive sometime next week possibly on Monday or Tuesday

Arrived today, great package. Think I prefer it to the steel although that's nice too. Always wanted the Struzan art on steel so that's a + but the metallic shine finish on areas which is unusual for arrow let it down

Did arrive in a Jiffy bag from Zavvi but from what I can see it has no damage thankfully

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

All together (including my pride and joy - the signed Mondo steel by the man himself thanks to HDN)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited: