The Thing (Limited Edition) (Blu-ray) (Arrow Video) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release Date: October 23rd , 2017
Purchase Links: Arrow Films (Sold Out) - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMVhttps://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/the-thing-limited-edition/11515183.html
Price: £17.99 (Arrow) - £19.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - Hmv)
Notes: Limited to 6,000

IMG_9630.JPG

IMG_9631.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey hey fellow Ninja friends. I was lucky enough to grab 2 copies earlier when Amazon rereleased them for a few minutes. The second one I ordered for a friend but turns out they too were lucky enough to grab their own so... instead of cancelling the second item, I'll offer it to anyone who sadly missed out. All I'll be asking for is the cost of the item Amazon charges plus the shipping to your desired address. Hit me up with a reply if you're interested. Cheers.

Last edited:
Hey hey fellow Ninja friends. I was lucky enough to grab 2 copies earlier when Amazon rereleased them for a few minutes. The second one I ordered for a friend but turns out they too were lucky enough to grab their own so... instead of cancelling the second item, I'll offer it to anyone who sadly missed out. All I'll be asking for is the cost of the item Amazon charges plus the shipping to your desired address. Hit me up with a reply if you're interested. Cheers.

Hi Mark, thats very kind, assuming I dont get an order in this weekend can I take you up on that?

Arrow Films Website

15/07/2017 11:58 AM.
Unfortunately the site has been overwhelmed with demand following Friday's new release announcements.
We are working to increase capacity so that it can come back online for you all.
If you were able to place an order and got as far as make a payment on PayPal then these will be reflected on your account in due course. We have a backlog of payments to clear that we are working on.
Please be assured we working flat out on this after a night on it. There's no need to message or email for updates - they will be posted here for you when we have them.
Thanks very much for you support!

Arrow Films Website

Please be assured we working flat out on this after a night on it.

Celebrating their continued success? :smuggrin:

No doubt the amazon price will come down in time, very common for it to be higher at launch and drop later.

Looking at the LE art, it'd probably annoy most people with cheesiness but I'd love some silver foil on the stars. :whistle::rofl:

Anyone still after the limited Edition
Arrow posted this link £17.99 had to refresh a couple of times but got an order in their website is working but it's erratic. Arrow have said orders will not show immediately in your account as they have a backlog but PayPal payment receipt came through on mine. Have Cancelled my Zavvi order for the limited Edition as don't trust their packaging.
Hope this helps. Steelbook & Limited Edition both in stock :thumbs:
https://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=the thing&product_id=1008
_20170715_214145.JPG

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Mickle_89
Anyone still after the limited Edition
Arrow posted this link £17.99 had to refresh a couple of times but got an order in their website is working but it's erratic. Arrow have said orders will not show immediately in your account as they have a backlog but PayPal payment receipt came through on mine. Have Cancelled my Zavvi order for the limited Edition as don't trust their packaging.
Hope this helps. Steelbook & Limited Edition both in stock :thumbs:
https://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=the thing&product_id=1008
View attachment 322582
Thanks @Travis Bickle :thumbs: How is Arrow's packaging for such items? I decided to create an account an order through Arrow themselves as I too am a bit concerned Zavvi will just send in a bubble mailer :cautious: £17.99 PP payment upfront I can live with as I know for sure I want this.. :drool: Will be keeping my steelbook order with Zavvi (and keep the privilege to pay on dispatch ;)) but cancel the Ltd. Ed set for now I think :cigar:

Oh what fun... :D

• Thanks
Reactions: Travis Bickle
In my opinion Arrows packaging is not the best I've had knocked slipcovers as they sometimes use padded envelopes ironically I've kept my Steelbook order with Zavvi as I personally have not had that many damaged Steels but I've ordered the limited edition direct from Arrow as Zavvi will almost definitely use a jiffy envelope. I've also got an Amazon order in as back up
(will see what happens re price drop nearer release)
only thing with Arrow is they take payment upfront :confused:
^^ And then I read this from the SB thread :rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: Travis Bickle
Thanks @Travis Bickle :thumbs: How is Arrow's packaging for such items? I decided to create an account an order through Arrow themselves as I too am a bit concerned Zavvi will just send in a bubble mailer :cautious: £17.99 PP payment upfront I can live with as I know for sure I want this.. :drool: Will be keeping my steelbook order with Zavvi (and keep the privilege to pay on dispatch ;)) but cancel the Ltd. Ed set for now I think :cigar:

Oh what fun... :D
I have known Arrow to use padded envelopes but it's probably better than Zavvi it's hard to know Zavvi could end up using boxes it's just I trust Arrow more for digipack/amaray releases I've done the same as you kept my Steelbook order with Zavvi & limited Edition order is with Arrow :thumbs:

^^ And then I read this from the SB thread :rofl::rofl::rofl:
@Mickle_89
I trust Arrow more than Zavvi for Amaray or digipack orders. It's hard to know I ordered Donnie Darko from HMV it arrived damaged so I got one from Amazon it also arrived damaged so I missed out in the end. imo none of the UK sellers use brilliant packaging whereas you know if you order from nova or kimchidvd etc it will be well packed its a gamble for collectors.

Last edited:
Limited Edition is out of stock with arrow films website

You can add to cart but you will see this message
Products marked with *** are not available in the desired quantity or not in stock!

Checkout will not complete due to been Sold Out

Last edited: