The Thing (Limited Edition) (Blu-ray) (Arrow Video) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release Date: October 23rd , 2017
Purchase Links: Arrow Films (Sold Out) - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMVhttps://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/the-thing-limited-edition/11515183.html
Price: £17.99 (Arrow) - £19.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - Hmv)
Notes: Limited to 6,000

IMG_9630.JPG

IMG_9631.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe this is still available on Amazon with Arrow & Zavvi being sold out. :confused:
Amazon either cancelled large bulk orders or arrow increased amazon stock allocation due to arrow website been down for so long

Zavvi will likely also list back available at some point due to customer cancellations or bulk orders they will cancel
Zavvi don't have a live stock control system like amazon have so any orders cancelled by Zavvi or customers will have to be manually put back on the system

HMV also not yet listed on their website and I'm sure they would have been allocated stock for pre-order

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Phantasmic
Arrow Video Facebook

*** THE THING UPDATE *** We have now sold out of The Thing Ltd Ed on our store, but there are some still available via Amazon UK

However, there are a limited number of Steelbooks still available through the store now.

@paulboland Just curious, what quantity would you consider as a bulk order.
Zavvi have a limit of 5 per customer with any product don't matter if limited or not
Amazon it various and depends on the customers some would have arrangements and be officially approved for large orders

Amazon have cancelled orders over 10 units with some customers and even closed their accounts

Amazon also have restrictions on some releases as in 1 per customer

Problem though lies with the retailers they don't have proper system in place to stop bulk orders and it's easy for scalpers to get around order limits by using various methods

In my opinion when it's a high demand release that's limited all retailers should have a limit of 1 per customer for first 30 days and even keep restriction if stock level is low after 30 days

Zavvi have a limit of 5 per customer with any product don't matter if limited or not
Amazon it various and depends on the customers some would have arrangements and be officially approved for large orders

Amazon have cancelled orders over 10 units with some customers and even closed their accounts

Amazon also have restrictions on some releases as in 1 per customer

Problem though lies with the retailers they don't have proper system in place to stop bulk orders and it's easy for scalpers to get around order limits by using various methods

In my opinion when it's a high demand release that's limited all retailers should have a limit of 1 per customer for first 30 days and even keep restriction if stock level is low after 30 days

Thank you for that @paulboland, very interesting & informative. I would think it would be easy enough for retailers to limit 1 to a customer when ordering, that's the way it should be. I don't even have a problem with 2 because sometimes people like to pick an extra one up for someone else. I agree with your last statement with a limit of 1 per customer for the for the first 30 days.

Reactions: paulboland
I dont think you are correct I called Amazon as I have 2 on order and they said buy as much as you like no limit
Amazon have put a restriction on orders for both The Thing Limited Edition and the Steelbook

Try now on amazon UK website to order 2 copies of either the limited edition or the steelbook
You will get this message
This seller has a limit of 1 per customer

You can only order 1 Limited Edition and 1 Steelbook with Amazon
You can order in same order 1 of each but not more than 1

If you try to order more than 1 of either the steelbook or the limited edition separately or in one order you won't be allowed

The max you can order is 1 of each

Amazon can also cancel any bulk orders as per their terms and conditions
Contract of sale is not complete until payment has been taken and order has been dispatched
So don't be surprised anyone who has bulk ordered your order may be canceled or reduced

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Phantasmic
I dont think you are correct I called Amazon as I have 2 on order and they said buy as much as you like no limit
You must have ordered them prior to the new limitation. And if Amazon should decide to limit pre-existing orders to one copy as well, then your communication with Amazon concerning your 2 orders will be meaningless.