The Thing (Limited Edition) (Blu-ray) (Arrow Video) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release Date: October 23rd , 2017
Purchase Links: Arrow Films (Sold Out) - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMVhttps://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/the-thing-limited-edition/11515183.html
Price: £17.99 (Arrow) - £19.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - Hmv)
Notes: Limited to 6,000

IMG_9630.JPG

IMG_9631.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope they don't cancel my order. I ordered two because I never receive anything from Amazon UK in decent condition and buying more than one is one of the few ways I can increase my chances of not getting a banged up copy. If they'd improve their packaging or give me a guarantee they'd pack it properly, I'd gladly only order one copy.

• Thanks
Reactions: elle82
I hope they don't cancel my order. I ordered two because I never receive anything from Amazon UK in decent condition and buying more than one is one of the few ways I can increase my chances of not getting a banged up copy. If they'd improve their packaging or give me a guarantee they'd pack it properly, I'd gladly only order one copy.

May I ask where are you getting it shipped to? If I want to be sure the package gets to me in great condition, I usually opt for the next lever of shipping they offer.... Usually it's not a HUGE difference in shipping but they get to me faster and with way better packing. A helpful suggestion ;)

• Thanks
May I ask where are you getting it shipped to? If I want to be sure the package gets to me in great condition, I usually opt for the next lever of shipping they offer.... Usually it's not a HUGE difference in shipping but they get to me faster and with way better packing. A helpful suggestion ;)
I'm in Australia. I think it's actually a mix of ****/inconsistent packaging standards and what carrier the package is posted with. The cheapest usually goes through Asendia who are awful; every package arrives like it's been through a minefield. I think the second level shipping is DHL which are generally much better from personal experience. I've had big boxsets stuffed into those paper-thin cardboard mailers, and most of the time the mailers aren't even properly sealed closed. I posted about this in another forum, and others were in the same boat as me so it's not just me making a fuss out of nothing.

I generally think Amazon UK's packaging just isn't as good as US Amazon. US Amazon can be hit or miss, but at least there's a chance of it being packed well. Amazon UK is always gonna be the same, and comes down to luck the people tossing your parcels around don't go all out.

• Thanks
I'm in Australia. I think it's actually a mix of ****/inconsistent packaging standards and what carrier the package is posted with. The cheapest usually goes through Asendia who are awful; every package arrives like it's been through a minefield. I think the second level shipping is DHL which are generally much better from personal experience. I've had big boxsets stuffed into those paper-thin cardboard mailers, and most of the time the mailers aren't even properly sealed closed. I posted about this in another forum, and others were in the same boat as me so it's not just me making a fuss out of nothing.

I generally think Amazon UK's packaging just isn't as good as US Amazon. US Amazon can be hit or miss, but at least there's a chance of it being packed well. Amazon UK is always gonna be the same, and comes down to luck the people tossing your parcels around don't go all out.

Haha, well yeah I get what you mean. UK seems to be the worse, so I pay the 2nd tier and seem to have 100% better luck with them here to the US

• Thanks
Limited edition upped from 4000 to 6000, steelbook will remain at 4000. HMV stock of the limited edition will be going live tomorrow.

***THE THING RELEASE UPDATES***

It is official, our THE THING release has been our biggest ever announcement - so big that our very own website collapsed under the force of this beast!

We really appreciate all the feedback you’ve provided in relation to this title over the last few days and we are taking all your points on board. As a result of all your comments, we’ve reviewed our print run and are pleased to announce that we will be upping the replication of THE THING Limited Edition set from 4,000 to 6,000. The SteelBook will remain limited to 4,000. We are also keeping a close eye on all orders coming in (as will our retail partners) and excessive multiple orders will be cancelled to ensure as many of our dedicated fans can get hold of this release as possible. Lastly, all current pre-orders that have been placed will be fulfilled so do order with confidence!

Once again we can only apologise for the bumpy ride this weekend and want to thank you all for your endless patience and support over the weekend, we really appreciate it!

Team Arrow

Last edited:
Note
Arrow posted this in the Facebook post
We are also keeping a close eye on all orders coming in (as will our retail partners) and excessive multiple orders will be cancelled to ensure as many of our dedicated fans can get hold of this release as possible.

• Thanks
Reactions: GI_SnakeEyes
Note
Arrow posted this in the Facebook post
We are also keeping a close eye on all orders coming in (as will our retail partners) and excessive multiple orders will be cancelled to ensure as many of our dedicated fans can get hold of this release as possible.

Yipes! If anyone ordered 2, if I were you I'd cancel 1 don't want them to cancel both on you and you risk not getting any!!

@Mickle_89 @paulboland Hey I hear you, but even if you went there before they ran out and ordered 2 the site stopped you right? I know at first it was a possibility, but then they changed it to a limitation of 1. Maybe 2 is still 1 too many?? I'm just saying I know that happened to me last year with the Japanese Die Hard set.

I got 2 when it was real cheap before Christmas, was going to give one to my brother in law and keep one myself. About a month and a half after I placed the order. I received an email saying both were canceled and to try placing an order again for only 1. Of course by that time is was completely sold out and only through 3rd party scalpers :(

• Thanks
All 6,000 copies of this are now sold out? Really?
Yes for now it is sold out

There will be likely some customer cancellations and some bulk orders that are still to be cancelled and payment problem orders that get canceled
These would be made available just before or after release date
Any units that are made available won't last long

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012