The Thing (Limited Edition) (Blu-ray) (Arrow Video) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release Date: October 23rd , 2017
Purchase Links: Arrow Films (Sold Out) - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMVhttps://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/the-thing-limited-edition/11515183.html
Price: £17.99 (Arrow) - £19.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - Hmv)
Notes: Limited to 6,000

IMG_9630.JPG

IMG_9631.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
My order was despatched by Amazon. I paid for the the second level shipping thinking I'd get DHL, but I got Aramex instead. It'll take forever to get here and be a jumbled mess now :(

the box looks pretty bland tbh.. i still want it, but not for silly ebay prices..

the steelbook however looks kickass despite being matte

My order was despatched by Amazon. I paid for the the second level shipping thinking I'd get DHL, but I got Aramex instead. It'll take forever to get here and be a jumbled mess now :(

Have you had experience with aramex before first time i have heard of them or they have used on me and on what i found not good,honestly whats up with amazon these days sh** packing and they find cheapest none heard of couriers.
And did you say you paid next level up?i used standard and aramex is what they used so sounds like you been ripped off? And when you look in aramex tracking it says priority express? Looked yesterday tracking had not changed since 21st. Have bad feeling on this,i had a hmv order as a back up where family could take it over in dec but i should not really need to buy extra copies to get a good copy and to be honest got a few other things to pay anyway.
If im not have enough issues with amazon usa and recently with canada now possibly uk but lets see.
Dont get amazon at times had order for three items no the thing, they are released within days of each other yet they send a single one on its own with no tracking,why not send as one package and reason i ordered a few.
Then i order two steelbooks again not the thing steelbooks and one sent no tracking and one sent tracking,its idiots who run amazon thats for sure.
Its been a very long time since i got steelbooks from amazon uk so i have no idea what they be sent in more than likely my favorite jiffy bags.
I really dont know why i still stick with amazon when i get items arriving in the shape most collectors dont want them to arrive in.
But we just need to wait and see but i just aint getting the enjoyment i used to when buying stuff now due to many experiences wondering what mess things arrive in,before 2017 there was none of this.
When this came out i could have picked from several but went for amazon not sure why.
Maybe i should start getting arrow titles from arrow direct. Never experienced anything from arrow before but do they pack well and who do they use to post overseas.[/QUOTE]

Mine shipped 8 days ago so might get it this year sometime lol. Arrow take forever shipping stuff to australia.
I buy a lot of arrow stuff but yet to order from them, have you before?what like is there packing? Made the error of using amazon and i find out they use a courier that has a bad rep.
Not experienced this courier yet but on what i have read not good and by sounds amazon uk might be using them more.
But i suppose no point in worrying when i not got anything yet.
But getting a replacement if needed on this will be impossible.

• Thanks
Reactions: elle82
Mine shipped 8 days ago so might get it this year sometime lol. Arrow take forever shipping stuff to australia.
I don't get why that is because I think they send by regular airmail. Everything else I get from the UK using that takes about a week, but with Arrow it's always like 2.5. I do know if you put in a big order, they use DHL.

Have you had experience with aramex before first time i have heard of them or they have used on me and on what i found not good,honestly whats up with amazon these days sh** packing and they find cheapest none heard of couriers.
And did you say you paid next level up?i used standard and aramex is what they used so sounds like you been ripped off? And when you look in aramex tracking it says priority express? Looked yesterday tracking had not changed since 21st. Have bad feeling on this,i had a hmv order as a back up where family could take it over in dec but i should not really need to buy extra copies to get a good copy and to be honest got a few other things to pay anyway.
If im not have enough issues with amazon usa and recently with canada now possibly uk but lets see.
Dont get amazon at times had order for three items no the thing, they are released within days of each other yet they send a single one on its own with no tracking,why not send as one package and reason i ordered a few.
Then i order two steelbooks again not the thing steelbooks and one sent no tracking and one sent tracking,its idiots who run amazon thats for sure.
Its been a very long time since i got steelbooks from amazon uk so i have no idea what they be sent in more than likely my favorite jiffy bags.
I really dont know why i still stick with amazon when i get items arriving in the shape most collectors dont want them to arrive in.
But we just need to wait and see but i just aint getting the enjoyment i used to when buying stuff now due to many experiences wondering what mess things arrive in,before 2017 there was none of this.
When this came out i could have picked from several but went for amazon not sure why.
Maybe i should start getting arrow titles from arrow direct. Never experienced anything from arrow before but do they pack well and who do they use to post overseas.
[/QUOTE]

upload_2017-10-25_13-4-15.png

I just put in a test order on Amazon UK and this is what I got for my delivery options. Both Standard and AmazonGlobal Standard give the same ETA, but AmazonGlobal Standard is much more expensive. There's something really wrong here. I'm gonna get in touch with Amazon and see what they say. What's the estimated delivery date for your order? I've got 1st of November.

Amazon UK are the worst in terms of packaging. This is something I go on about all the time, but it makes me so mad. The packaging is crap and it's also like their warehouse staff have knives for hands or something. However, I've got a feeling that a lot of stuff gets sent out isn't in the best nick already either because they're returns or that they've been mishandled in the warehouse.

Arrow pack pretty well. Stuff is usually shrinkwrapped (one layer) and Tetris'd into a box with those air bags around them. I have had some damages from them with my last couple of orders though because I'm sure they've started to use boxes made of much thinner cardboard, and instead of wrapping the goods in those air bags, they just put them on top to fill the empty space.

I don't get why that is because I think they send by regular airmail. Everything else I get from the UK using that takes about a week, but with Arrow it's always like 2.5. I do know if you put in a big order, they use DHL.

View attachment 340972

I just put in a test order on Amazon UK and this is what I got for my delivery options. Both Standard and AmazonGlobal Standard give the same ETA, but AmazonGlobal Standard is much more expensive. There's something really wrong here. I'm gonna get in touch with Amazon and see what they say. What's the estimated delivery date for your order? I've got 1st of November.

Amazon UK are the worst in terms of packaging. This is something I go on about all the time, but it makes me so mad. The packaging is crap and it's also like their warehouse staff have knives for hands or something. However, I've got a feeling that a lot of stuff gets sent out isn't in the best nick already either because they're returns or that they've been mishandled in the warehouse.

Arrow pack pretty well. Stuff is usually shrinkwrapped (one layer) and Tetris'd into a box with those air bags around them. I have had some damages from them with my last couple of orders though because I'm sure they've started to use boxes made of much thinner cardboard, and instead of wrapping the goods in those air bags, they just put them on top to fill the empty space.[/QUOTE]
Yes mine says 1st nov, so if you paid more i would get right on to them. Im not impressed with tracking with as since 21st still nothing has changed? And thats on two separate orders 2 arrow titles and 3 other items in another package.
I maybe even start using zavvi for orders but one can be as bad as other.

View attachment 340972

Arrow pack pretty well. Stuff is usually shrinkwrapped (one layer) and Tetris'd into a box with those air bags around them. I have had some damages from them with my last couple of orders though because I'm sure they've started to use boxes made of much thinner cardboard, and instead of wrapping the goods in those air bags, they just put them on top to fill the empty space.[/QUOTE]

I not really had too much issues with amazon uk before but have not had these guys as a courier before either so dont know what to expect.
Im registered with aus post and two tracking numbers came up on it but its aus post unique tracking number says amazon uk but i have no idea what it is.
I have two steelbooks ordered together sent separate one tracked other not and the one that has is with ups i tracking. Yep one steelbook gets ups i tracking??? Which is good.

I have three items in another order with aramex dont know what to expect from them but plenty reviews saying worst courier around and if asendia was not bad enough these are supposed to be worse.

I then have my arrow ltd set and steelbook with aramex.

And have one other order yet to dispatch so god knows who will ship this,what i don't get is they send a single steelbook with ups i tracking yet two more expensive orders with amarex.
Had another order for three items to be sent together all coming out about few days apart or so but they decide to send one on its own
Does not really matter what you try and do order a few items to get better courier service or pay more in shipping etc they just do as they please.
I feel like such a moaning git on here when it comes to orders from amazon but my enjoyment in ordering from them has long gone now.
I be glad to see amazon here in australia if it ever happens.
But im liking how my ebay orders are packed well from sellers maybe thats the way to go but normally you pay much more.

Last edited:
I buy a lot of arrow stuff but yet to order from them, have you before?what like is there packing? Made the error of using amazon and i find out they use a courier that has a bad rep.
Not experienced this courier yet but on what i have read not good and by sounds amazon uk might be using them more.
But i suppose no point in worrying when i not got anything yet.
But getting a replacement if needed on this will be impossible.
I ordered the phantasm set, which took over a month to get here, but very well packaged.

Mine was delivered on Monday. To be honest, I was quite underwhelmed by it. Expecting a digipack. I don't collect Amarays. Still sealed so I will sell it. If anyone interested please pm me. Happy to give it away at same price.

• Thanks
Reactions: denizen