The Thing (Limited Edition) (Blu-ray) (Arrow Video) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release Date: October 23rd , 2017
Purchase Links: Arrow Films (Sold Out) - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMVhttps://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/the-thing-limited-edition/11515183.html
Price: £17.99 (Arrow) - £19.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - Hmv)
Notes: Limited to 6,000

IMG_9630.JPG

IMG_9631.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Arrow did a great job gettin my steel book to me (well packaged) but zavvi messed it all up. My limited edition was "lost in translate" so they issued me a refund and I just got one on ebay. F****** £22 out of pocket, my advice don't order anything for zavvi you really want. They don't track postage and make no effort to replace the good's also they make you wait days and when they finally get around to messaging you it's just to issue a refund. Poor show from zavvi, last time I order anything from them that's not an exclusive.
I'm just going to use arrow from now on.

No, this is the keep case only edition.
If you need a copy of the fullslip i can help you. I have a spare one. The first who contact me can buy it.

got my limited edition from amazon...packed it in an freaking envelope and it's surprising it only got some soft corners.
but I don't want it now as i'm an ocd mint collector, plus i already have the steelbook.
pm me if any of you guys want it, will provide pics.

got my limited edition from amazon...packed it in an freaking envelope and it's surprising it only got some soft corners.
but I don't want it now as i'm an ocd mint collector, plus i already have the steelbook.
pm me if any of you guys want it, will provide pics.

Im like you mate bit of a ocd collector or try to be but have given up on the ocd side now its either that or i don't order.
I maybe need to start thinking who i order from these days.
Maybe arrow direct is way to go. But good job you have not been getting the stuff i have lately from amazon usa, stuff sent in jiffy bags limited and large box sets, some way worse than others and not just arrow stuff but anything.
My thing ltd arrived in that same envelope with steelbook and by postman on his motorcycle,was expecting it by my normal guy in van.
Envelope was very thin and offers no protection and im amazed both are not in a mess which was my worst fears.
Steelbook looks good slight mark on corner of limited edition but considering how it was delivered and what it was sent in could have been far worse.
I have had a few items lately sent from amazon uk who are using aramex i read so many bad things about them but wow they are very quick.
My chucky had a ding on the slipcover my bates motel sounds like a few broken bits inside case but thats down to the type of case its in being crap.
So i cant fault aramex so far,items have come quick, courier can only do there best considering the distance these things go and myself being in australia, but amazon just are a big let down when it comes to packing these days,its just pot luck if your items arrive ok.
Zavvi are not much better if ordering similar items so being in australia its bit more limited who i can buy from.
I find ebay sellers do very well in packing these days but or have for me but you normally end up paying more if its something you cant get anymore.
Like anyone else we want our stuff being mint but it is frustrating when big companies let you down in silly packing methods.

• Thanks
Reactions: elle82
So I found this in my mailbox when I got home last night...

tt1.jpg

... and was expecting the worst. However, it turned out @paulboland was completely right in his prediction:

The slipbox is hard cardboard you be fine with Zavvi shipping this even if sent in a jiffy bag

tt2.jpg

:thumbs:

A tiny little dent on the lower left corner, but nothing to complain about. If only all the digipaks/boxsets/whatever-packs from @zavvi arrived like this. Anyway, I'm happy I got this beauty in great condition.

tt3.jpg tt4.jpg tt5.jpg

I will also put the steelbook in the slip for a perfect combination.

The perfect premium edition taking away the amaray case and inserting the steelbook. Its a great package. Now we just need a 4K UHD to add.

The perfect premium edition taking away the amaray case and inserting the steelbook. Its a great package. Now we just need a 4K UHD to add.
I'm fairly sure when Arrow Films decide to start doing 4K UHD releases they will do a re-release of the Thing on 4K UHD

The costs involved for independent distributors is lot different to the major distributors in regards to UHD

I have a few 4K UHD releases now in my collection only problem is I don't have a 4K TV or 4K UHD player :rofl:

Whenever I decide to upgrade to 4K TV I will have something to test out the 4K TV on it but I'm in no hurry to upgrade yet

I'm fairly sure when Arrow Films decide to start doing 4K UHD releases they will do a re-release of the Thing on 4K UHD

The costs involved for independent distributors is lot different to the major distributors in regards to UHD

I have a few 4K UHD releases now in my collection only problem is I don't have a 4K TV or 4K UHD player :rofl:

Whenever I decide to upgrade to 4K TV I will have something to test out the 4K TV on it but I'm in no hurry to upgrade yet

What about in the US where we have a different distributor? Possible to get a 4K release here sooner I would imagine?

i suspect the thing we’re all missing here is that both labels are licensing the film , which as part of the contract requires them the region lock the release . 4kUHD is region free , so is probably excluded from any agreement .