Play.com
Amazon UK

image.jpg

Actual pics thanks to ricster:
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Shanester
when i preordered all 9 from amazon.co.uk they reduced the price till 11 pounds per steelbook. i payed 105 pounds including shipping to canada

Damn. This looks plain Ugly. Most of the steels had bad artwork in the first place. This one I thought would look good, but after actual pictures it looks so bad. Shame that only 2 Steelbooks of this wave looks good, North by Northwest and Streetcar named Desire. They are Stunners while GWTW, Casablanca, Maltese Falcon, Ben-Hur, Dr Zhivago looks plain ugly and this doesn't look much better. And Jazz Singer and Grand Hotel are the last films I'd want as steelbooks, the nature of the films themselves, being pure Hollywood Entertainment, keeps then from having viable good artwork.

I must admit I like them all apart from the Jazz Singer.

Had steelbooks been around when these films were out in the 40s and 50s, this is how I imagine they would have looked, and that makes them appealing to me.

Reactions: townterrier
I must admit I like them all apart from the Jazz Singer.

Had steelbooks been around when these films were out in the 40s and 50s, this is how I imagine they would have looked, and that makes them appealing to me.

I was just thinking the same thing- even tho the images on the cover look a bit blurry, they do have a kind of old and 'retro' feel to them. Not bad for 12 quid.

Reactions: townterrier
Damn. This looks plain Ugly. Most of the steels had bad artwork in the first place. This one I thought would look good, but after actual pictures it looks so bad. Shame that only 2 Steelbooks of this wave looks good, North by Northwest and Streetcar named Desire. They are Stunners while GWTW, Casablanca, Maltese Falcon, Ben-Hur, Dr Zhivago looks plain ugly and this doesn't look much better. And Jazz Singer and Grand Hotel are the last films I'd want as steelbooks, the nature of the films themselves, being pure Hollywood Entertainment, keeps then from having viable good artwork.

They are based off of the original movie posters. IMO they did a great job and they look fantastic.

Reactions: snooloui