The UGLIEST Blu-Ray SteelBook thread

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
This should be a fun topic ...

What is the ugliest steelbook you've come across?

Post a pic while your at it. (google search is your friend)

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Here's my pick.
pic removed to remove thumbnail

Awesome movie, and maybe my decision to this is that the other 2 editions just looked much better. Oddly enough, its the only version of Kick Ass I even own.

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

I'm also not a fan of the Star Trek steel, I think something better could have been done with both of these.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
I would have to agree that of all the steelbook's I own, which is about 400 to the Wife's dismay, the artwork on Speed is absolute garbage and also an appalling finish in hand to boot!
This is made even worse by the fact it's one of my favorite ever movies! This steel was clearly created at the whim of a madman...

10931330-1395838085-915906.jpg
10920290-1392912754-569524.jpg
10920291-1392912754-569344.jpg

they are my 3 fugly steels of this year

The Day the Earth Stood still and all those art crap covers are utterly dire. Why there were used I have no idea. Would not buy them even if they were offered at £1 each....

My entry for this is Legend, was really disappointing for me when this one came out, they could have made something really nice, they tried to be too clever with the symbols. There is a Unicorn used for two of the Blade Runner steelbooks, I own the Italian version of it, now that is nice, not this. (n)

Legend Front.jpg
Legend back.jpg

I bet there are a good few others, some are already in this thread.