The Walking Dead Action Figures - Insider Chat

Antman

Steelbook Avenger
Premium Supporter
Feb 26, 2011
Lincolnshire, UK
This thread is dedicated to talking about the McFarlane "The Walking Dead" figures (and statues). There's someone very well connected in this thread. ;)

Purchase here

Intro.jpg

This Fall The Walking Dead comes to the toy store with McFarlane Toys action figures of Rick Grimes, Daryl Dixon, Zombie Biter and Zombie Walker. Available for purchase November 2011.

http://blogs.amctv.com/photo-galleries/the-walking-dead-mcfarlane-action-figures/intro.php

Last edited by a moderator:
So despite my protesting I bought Rick and Michonne. Honestly, I like them. I do wish Rick didn't have that bulbous neck and had ball jointed shoulders. Other than that I'm pretty happy with it. Michonne also would have benefitted with some arm articulation but she at least looks cool in the designated pose. I'm not going all in on these. Of the ones announced I'll get Carl and Daryl. Probably Glenn, Maggie, Jesus and Negan if they do them. I do hope they do some of the walkers.

Reactions: spawnshop
My wallet is grateful for all of this, but it's sort of sad because I loved hunting down the newest waves and TWD were the only figures I'd buy the complete wave of.

Reactions: kassle
I think most frustration is just that of owning so many of previous lines as you all have. However I just saw the Color Tops in person for first time and I thought they looked amazing. Great figure of a good size and great price for the quality, likeness and size.

@spawnshop I'm so far out the loop ... why are they called Color Tops? Think I'm gonna start collecting these. :) Also eye'n the Deandre Hopkins I saw today in store. :)

Reactions: spawnshop
@Wreck Color Tops is a way that Todd wanted to make it easier for the collector. For the hardcore collector, it's an easy way to see what series are out there on the shelf. For instance, the Red color denotes series 1. So if you have all of series one, you won't be looking for Red since you have them all....So then for series 2, you would be looking for Blue, and so on.
Also, each figure is numbered, similar to pop-vinyl to make it even easier to find in the stores. Only looking for #3 in the series? then just look down the left side of the boxes for a quick view of the numbers.

I just got my samples of Daryl and Madison today at work - i gotta say, that these look great in person!
Here's a review from Nerdist: http://nerdist.com/figures-and-speech-mcfarlane-toys-the-walking-dead-color-tops/

Also, I've seen samples of the new 5" figures coming out too, and they also look awesome. A lot of good stuff coming out this next year!

Reactions: kassle and Wreck