The Walking Dead Action Figures - Insider Chat

Antman

Steelbook Avenger
Premium Supporter
Feb 26, 2011
Lincolnshire, UK
This thread is dedicated to talking about the McFarlane "The Walking Dead" figures (and statues). There's someone very well connected in this thread. ;)

Purchase here

Intro.jpg

This Fall The Walking Dead comes to the toy store with McFarlane Toys action figures of Rick Grimes, Daryl Dixon, Zombie Biter and Zombie Walker. Available for purchase November 2011.

http://blogs.amctv.com/photo-galleries/the-walking-dead-mcfarlane-action-figures/intro.php

Last edited by a moderator:
All i can say is that we have some 7", 5" and 10" planned, and they are awesome. We've been working much harder on the face deco, so no more wonky eyes!!

Can you tell me any specifics for the new 7" figures that you like/dislike?

Face work had really paid off, they look great. Sasha too.

No real issues with the 7" figures. Likenesses are great. The articulation was my biggest issue and that's much better now, the legs could probably still go just a little further still. Ball jointed hips & knees? Personally, I just wanted to get the core characters in the bigger scale. Rick, Michonne, Carl, Daryl and Negan. If you guys re-did Rick and Michonne with the updated articulation I would re-buy them. Maybe a 7" Maggie and Glenn, otherwise just 7" zombies. Kinda lost interest in the rest of the cast when they died and we have a whole bunch of red-shirts on the show now.

You guys have done a great job with the line. Very few holes in the 5" series. Maybe Rosita, Dwight, Jesus, King Zeke w/ Shiva and of course zombies.

I'm pretty content, anything at this point is just iciing on the cake.

Thanks for asking

Edit: Might be interested in some of the heavy hitters from the comic line in 7" form.
5" Beta too.

Reactions: spawnshop
Hey there Mr./Mrs. @spawnshop

Since there was nothing from SDCC unfortunatly, do you any new infos for us yet?
Anything about the before mentioned "exciting upcoming news for all scales" ?
Any official word about the above mentioned 5" TV Jesus ?
As I am just rewatching the this week released Season 7 DVD ( over here in Austria ), I was wondering about the chances that we get 5" of Hilltop Maggie, Enith or at least one or two new walkers ?

Its way to silent on the McF TWD front lately

Keep checking the website, instagram and facebook feeds.

New Ezekiel and Daryl 7" in Feb.:
Ezekiel-slugged.jpg

Prisoner-Daryl-Slugged.jpg

10" Merciless Edition Negan - New arms and head sculpt - April
TWD_10IN_MercilessNegan.jpg

Reactions: Real Scooby
If you wanted to be over and done with the 5inch line I’m sure a multipack or 2 of the last characters we need would be a fitting end.

Rosita, Tara, Dwight, Ezekiel. Maybe Simon and Enid.

If you wanted to be over and done with the 5inch line I’m sure a multipack or 2 of the last characters we need would be a fitting end.

Rosita, Tara, Dwight, Ezekiel. Maybe Simon an
d Enid.

If we could get 5in: Lori, Tara, Rosita,Gabriel, Jesus, Ezekial, Dwight, Simon as a last hoorah; I'd consider it a complete collection. One last wave of 8 figures could end it. If a character has ever had title billing on the opening credits, a figure should have been made.

Happy New Year 2018 everyone :)

@spawnshop

Any info about 5inchers ? What happend to the TV Jesus ? preorderoption got
Happy New Year 2018 everyone :)

@spawnshop

Any info about 5inchers ? What happend to the TV Jesus ? preorderoption got canceled everywhere

I think it's safe to assume the 5 inch line is finished. No news isn't good news. The cancellation of Jesus; the inability to find negan in walgreens in the u.s. doesn't bode well for the lines continuation. It's sad we will never have complete collections. Having a 7in Dwight that doesn't correspond to a 5in Eugene just doesn't excite me as a collector. I was willing to purchase the 7in figures as long as some 5in were being produced, but without the 5in figures I'll leave the 7in figures alone. SAD very Sad!

I am hoping for some cool Walking Dead figures this year, despite going off the TV show in a major way since what happened to Carl at Mid Season finale. Looking forward to Ezekiel 7" and hopefully the 5" Jesus. Hopefully we might get an updated 5" Carl. I would also get 5" of Rosita, Tara and Dwight before my interest in the show completely disappears :-(

to tell the truth, i have no longer hopes in any new 5"ers. The absence on the last two or three big toy-fairs, the everywhere cancelation of Tv jesus, the IMO un-imaginative repaints in the comic line..... nope, I guess the line is dead